A beauty salon in navy colour??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
Looking at what colour scheme to use in my salon. I love the thought of using Navy but am struggling a bit with other colours to compliment it or accent colours. Have any of you Geeks used navy in your salon at all??

Thanks
Sarah

Hmm, Navy! I'd be thinking along the lines of cyan and purple to compliment it personally. Be careful in terms of lighting though. If the walls are navy, they won't reflect as much light as a lighter coloured wall would, so you may need more lumens of light in order to light it sufficiently. For example, my home office has dark purple walls - but the floor is very light maple effect laminate to offset the dark of the purple walls. And I am using a mixture of LED spot lights and a dimmable low energy compact fluorescent bulb in there. I used to have 3x standard 50W halogen spots, 3x 40W golf ball bulbs, and a 60W bulb for the dimmer switch - and have got my electric consumption for the lighting down from 330W to 41W by switching to the low energy LED and compact fluorescent variants!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, if you have a look at the july guild news on beautyServe.com it features the capulet spa and they use navy but its more in the accessories, curtains & quilts etc, but its really pretty.

navy and cream can look great in a beauty room.

lime green and turquoise.

Go to your local DIY and get some of those strips of cardboard with the different paint colours on by dulux and have a look at the different colours.

Good luck x

i had in mind lime green too.
navy would be very smart.

My daughter has done one wall in aubergine with 3 cream walls, and aubergine and lime blinds and cushions. Looks amazing!

oh i aw the capulet spa in this months guild was absoloutly stunning!

navy and cream can look great in a beauty room.

MMM I have to say I like that idea.
I would probably paint the wall with the beauty bed in navy and the rest cream and then buy navy towels etc. That could look really nice.
Do post pics!!!
xxx

Navy can look good with duck egg blue or turqouise or teal.

Also looks surprisingly good with terracotta (for a mediterranean look).

I do have a lot of blue in my salon. The reception area & front treatment room has a blue ceramic tiled floor which always gets compliments. The walls are 'Toscana' which is a terracotta colour. The treatment room has a pale teal on the walls.

My other treatment room has a darker shade of teal on the walls with terracotta ceramic floor tiles.

Accessories are in differing shaces of teals & duck egg.

(Our uniforms are navy trousers with duck egg blue tunics).

Some of you may go yuck, but I like it & most clients do. Whatever colour scheme you go for, you'll get some not liking it.

The salon stationary is in blues as well with my avatar being taken from my pricelist

Latest posts

Back