(A bit off topic) Advice for under eye circles/puffiness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
I am not qualified in facials etc, so I was wondering if some of you lovely Skin Geeks would be able to advise an eye cream I could use? I suffer badly from dark circles and puffiness, and would like a recommendation for an every day cream to combat this? Or any other tips or tricks to help?

If this should be in chit chat then feel free to moveas I know its not exactly a "professional" query, more of a personal need:green:!

Naturopathica eye cream is suppose to good. Has vitamin K so it targets dark circles. I haven't used it myself but have heard lots of feedback on it.

Naturopathica eye cream is suppose to good. Has vitamin K so it targets dark circles. I haven't used it myself but have heard lots of feedback on it.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't find a UK supplier.

Can anyone recommend anything else? Even a high street brand?

Thanks

i use eminence organics wild plum eye cream. its an anti-aging eye cream specifically made for dark under eye circles, and to brighten dullness in the eye area. it contains several antioxidant ingredients as well to help nourish the eye area since the skin there is so delicate. the texture of the cream is really nice as well, its not too heavy and it works well under makeup if you wear makeup.

shesheido has a lovely eye cream, i use it all the time. It is so difficult to get rid of dark circles. I think its hereditary, check to see if you mum has them too.

Also could be a built up of toxins in the body, altho not sure how true this is, but when i feel run down, they are particularly dark.

I have tried Ysl touch eclair, chanel, guerlain and cheaper under eye concealers and they dont really work.

oh my gawd...look at how i just spelt Ysl touche Eclait... i'm on a diet!

Thanks, I will look at Sheshido. I can't remember if my Mum had dark circles, I think she did, she deffo suffered from puffy eyes. I will ask my Aunty if she has dark circles next time I ring her. It's just so annoying, piling on the make-up to hide them, as I look so run down when I don't try to hide them!!!

I use the No 7 concealer which is like YSL, but cheaper:lol: it hides them a bit.

:green: at Touche Eclair!!! I too am on a diet, mmmm eclair....

Apart from investing in a good eye cream, you need to look at your diet. Puffy eyes can be genetic and can be from poor nutrition. Applying too much eye cream may also cause puffiness.

Have you tried massaging around your eyes? maybe you can go have a good facial or eye treatment and learn the eye massage movements from your therapist and copy them at home.

As I am trained in Dermalogica products I can recommend you the Multivitamin power firm. As this is made of organic silcones, its very light and just melts into skin. It is also packed full of vitamins.

Homepage - Dermalogica USA

Apart from investing in a good eye cream, you need to look at your diet. Puffy eyes can be genetic and can be from poor nutrition. Applying too much eye cream may also cause puffiness.

Have you tried massaging around your eyes? maybe you can go have a good facial or eye treatment and learn the eye massage movements from your therapist and copy them at home.

As I am trained in Dermalogica products I can recommend you the Multivitamin power firm. As this is made of organic silcones, its very light and just melts into skin. It is also packed full of vitamins.

Homepage - Dermalogica USA

Thak you, I think I will save some pennies and treat myself, I am always hearing rave reviews of Dermalogica!

I had a facial on Monday and now intend to have one monthly, and will learn the eye massage movement:green:

Has anyone tried the eyesential cream that claims to work miracles,
i have seen them demo it on qvc but i am still sceptical,
on the demos it does a fab job but it is expensive to find it does not work

Hi, I've heard your circles can be darker if your not getting enough vitamin E, C and Iron in your diet, ive also found this website if it's any good - click here, I suffer from really bad dark circles, the other day i started using a vitamin cream and they have actually improved. maybe its just me - but its worth a go. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back