A cheeky request?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me 8 :D. This is great! I recently read Doug's book first edition from local library. I had ordered the more up to date one but they didn't have it. I still found it fascinating.xx

Excellent!

I have just got Dougs book, but can't get my head out of 'Mums' book to start it properly yet!

I think separate threads is better too. Could we also include....'this is what you can do for the client' So there is always a positive, or a service treatment where appropriate?

Thanks, I know this is going to be good! :D

I think this is a great idea. There many of us that have been in the industry for some time and have either forgotten what we've learned or the science of nails has evolved so much since we began and we haven't kept on top of it.

I'm reading to learn.

Edumacate me.

I just want to be in a position (in time I know) that when a client walks in with whatever medical problem or nail problem, including contra-indications of any kind, I can say, ah yes, this is blah blah and yes I can do this or no I can't because....iyswim? That if someone has a particular medical problem, I am able to say how and why it would affect the service I give and why perhaps I can't go through with their treatment should that happen. I don't obviously mean from a diagnosis point of view but from a technicians point of view on how I would or wouldn't work with it.

From "listening" to Envy and Geeg in particular very recently, I have this realisation that I just don't know the half of it and I don't like that. I want to be really confident in myself as a technician and able to recognise things as and when necessary. Plus I just love learning :)

I want the knowledge, I want to be the best I can be and I know I can get that from the amazing people here as well as books etc. I feel very honoured and blessed that we have this resource and am very grateful that this idea may come to light :hug:

Very good idea.

Luckily enough to be catching one of Doug's lectures next weekend and looking forward to that too as I like the science behind it all.

What a fantastic idea!! am watching and waiting for the 'Science, threads to start as you can never learn to much!!:D

Great thread really looking forward to it

This is a great idea and I'll be happy to help out but the vast majority of posts are just saying 'great idea'! There needs to be some questions :D

There is one about c/i that Allen will come back to. What else??

This is a great idea and I'll be happy to help out but the vast majority of posts are just saying 'great idea'! There needs to be some questions :D

How about something to do with product chemistry and how it interacts with things such as bleach, chlorine, cleaners and all the other things we blame on service breakdown, and learn whether these are genuine or not.

Could you maybe do one about Nail Structure? Will help newbies and will refresh the minds of those who may need it too?

Maybe start with problems with nails what can we work on and what not to! Not the normal fungal problems ect things they don't teach you at collage?
The science behind the gel systems? Problems that can occur?
X

How common physical conditions such as pregnancy, menopause, thyroid conditions etc can effect the nail and therefore how polish/product wears. Not CI's but everyday things.

Excellent idea Pure!

I always like to know what is actually happening physiologically within the body. Why is it doing that and how is it doing that? Rather than, 'it does that'

How common physical conditions such as pregnancy, menopause, thyroid conditions etc can effect the nail and therefore how polish/product wears. Not CI's but everyday things.

This was another thing I wanted to know too, treatments such as chemotherapy and the effects and why we can't carry out treatments etc would be really great to fully understand xx

What an amazing thread Planky :D Really eager to start reading the Science threads.

I would like to read about the effects normal household/lifestyle products have on enhancements products as suggested by Pure :D

Excellent idea Pure!

I always like to know what is actually happening physiologically within the body. Why is it doing that and how is it doing that? Rather than, 'it does that'

This was another thing I wanted to know too, treatments such as chemotherapy and the effects and why we can't carry out treatments etc would be really great to fully understand xx

I am so going to love these threads :)

I'm the sort who isn't happy to know simply that x=x, I want to WHY and HOW it does too!!

Such a great idea of yours Planky :hug:

I am so going to love these threads :)

I'm the sort who isn't happy to know simply that x=x, I want to WHY and HOW it does too!!

Such a great idea of yours Planky :hug:

Thank you :o and thank you to others who have all said this is a good thread too. Excited to see these Science threads unfold now :D

Fantastic!! Looking forward to learning!!x

First topic is up by Envy!! :D off for a read......

Just bumping this up for anyone who didn't see this and is now wondering why Envy is posting loads of Science Topics :D

These have been brilliant so far, really loving this :) Come and join in if you can give some great information too :hug:

Latest posts

Back