A question on fruit!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I hate being broke:irked: Susie stamps feet and kicks the cushion
Not fare I want to PLAY
Have Pm'd you hun xxx

How cool and timesaving to do nail art on yourself... i really like the lemon and orange slices. Can anybody post the link to a website to purchase this.

The web link to purchase them is in this thread hun xxx

hi all.
i've made my own orange and lemon slices, there not to bad to make but the reduction is the hardest thing to do, but i've got the gist of it now, i did dollshouse dolls years ago and i was friendly with a girl who made loads of stuff out of fimo she was so talented, i also use fimo a huge amount of time, it's fantastic stuff.i did encapsulated lemon slices on my fingers last year, wish i'd taken a picture of them now.but i'm sure if you can do nails then girls, you can make your own fimo fruit. at the fraction of the price, so go down to the craft shop and buy yer fimo girls, and have a go...

Thx emmsy :hug:

I feel a new hobby comming up :green:

hi all take a look at my album i've downloaded some piccys to show you how there made.
you can change the colours to make the fruit into lemons limes ,grapefruit. etc hope this helps you.
I think i'll have another go at it. perhaps make some other fruits, but the secret is the material has to be the same temp as the reduction can be ruined.
when reducting the cane. dont roll it pull it and tug the fimo, cos if you roll it , you will lose the continuity of the shape, so really be careful with that, another TIP is not to make the fruit to big. as if you do make mistake, you don't lose so much product if you go wrong, with your reduction ,so keep small.
leave the fimo to rest for a good hour as this get the fimo to room temp throughout. good luck thg:lol::lol:

hi all take a look at my album i've downloaded some piccys to show you how there made.
you can change the colours to make the fruit into lemons limes ,grapefruit. etc hope this helps you.
I think i'll have another go at it. perhaps make some other fruits, but the secret is the material has to be the same temp as the reduction can be ruined.
when reducting the cane. dont roll it pull it and tug the fimo, cos if you roll it , you will lose the continuity of the shape, so really be careful with that, another TIP is not to make the fruit to big. as if you do make mistake, you don't lose so much product if you go wrong, with your reduction ,so keep small.
leave the fimo to rest for a good hour as this get the fimo to room temp throughout. good luck thg:lol::lol:

Thx a lot for sharing your knowledge! Do you put the finished cane in the oven to harden or do you just slice bits of the material when it has reached the roomtemp.?

Is it so that when you make the design you make it larger but by pulling it that you make the cane thinner and thus the design smaller?
I think i saw something similar like that on tv but with candy... they putted text and hart shapes in it.

you make all your individual segments in your chosen colours and when you have got the desired shape as shown in picture.
leave to settle, for about 1 hour. then tease the piece holding in your hand and slowly pull it , rather then roll it, as this will ruin the design,
when you've got the cane to the size you want put in oven and cook. i alway go down a few degrees in my oven and don't cook it for to long , you can over cook the fimo and it goes to hard in my opinion.
also make sure the piece is on a flat surface when cooked.
but remember whilst practising this,use small amounts. hope this helps:)thg

Thx a lot for the information. I think that i will give it a shot and see what happens. I will post the outcome later on :lol:

yes mieke i can see where your coming from but these are beads and it doesn't matter if there a little bit skewith.
but like i said you've got to be a little more careful with the fruit, as the continuity is more VITAL as the design has to remain round. anyway get yourself some fimo and have a go. then i think you will understand what i'm trying to explain to you:confused:thg
oh by the way love to see the end results...

hi all.
i've made my own orange and lemon slices, .
Our Sheryl made some too ( god I hope she doesn't mind me telling you all lol)

She did a fab job !
I would like to have a go at doing this too, just because I like fiddly things lol....

There are some video clips somewhere I'll hunt them out and post them x

here you go geeks....HAVE FUN !!!!

Angie Scarr Miniatures

click on each demonstration at the bottom,
And at the side click for leeks and sweetcorn too

Last edited:
I saw some packs of fimo in Woolies on thursday, I used to use it as a teenager to make beads its pretty fun stuff once you get the hang of it, like being a child again with play dough!! I think I'll go out and get some I'll have to hide it from the kids or they'll be after it!

wow they look great nailzoo,fab work.xx

I to hate being broke, If I had known about these last week I could have got it for my birthday! :cry:

OMG her demo with the orange is amazing! Not sure if I would be bothered to go about making a whole tiny orange mind you, but 'tis amazing! Im definately going to buy some of slice things! Woohooooo cant wait!

Thanks for all your replies:hug: Carl your stuff is amazing and far far beyond anything I'm able to do:cry:
I am now more confused then ever from all the replies, not hard to do I know.
So to ask plainly:green:
do you buy a stick of each colour and make the roll of shapes your self which I wouldn't even attempt to do and no for me its not easy,so please nobody say it is:hug: or can you buy the rolls that someone else has already mixed the colours into to make the shape?
i.e. buy one roll thats is labeled strawberry, get blade, cut slice and there it is?
God I hope so:lol: and then what? Glue to nail and then clear or what ever over the top or thin layer on nail apply fruit and then more acrylic?
EMMSY !!!!!!!!!!
I need a tutorial, with pictures:lol:

Ok just found Emmsy's link so that answers my biggest concern, my lack of artistic ability lol
But I'd still love that tutorial

Last edited:
I will come up with a tutorial tonight for you hun,
But it is like you say..
You buy them, you get the blade with it to slice them...slice..
Apply base design of chosen nail style...apply slices of fruit however you like it with resin or a dot of l+p i suppose, resin sets much quicker though,
Overlay ....done !

The best thing is slice them reeeeallly thinly, and then you're overlay can too stay nice and thin....

~~emmsy go's off to find the camera !!~~
:green:

I will come up with a tutorial tonight for you hun,
But it is like you say..
You buy them, you get the blade with it to slice them...slice..
Apply base design of chosen nail style...apply slices of fruit however you like it with resin or a dot of l+p i suppose, resin sets much quicker though,
Overlay ....done !

The best thing is slice them reeeeallly thinly, and then you're overlay can too stay nice and thin....

~~emmsy go's off to find the camera !!~~
:green:

Theres your fly by fruity tutorial :lol: sorry couldn't resist :hug:

Latest posts

Back