A question on fruit!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie H

Reaction score
On Page 20 of this months Scratch mag its all about fruit:lol:
for all of you who now think I've lost it...............its true:green:
A Lady called Angie Scarr creates miniature slices of fruit to use in dolls houses and some clever person got the idea of using it as nail art. Now I have to admit that fruit doesn't really do it for me but there is soon to be miniature flowers and that really moves me, apparently this stuff is sold in a roll and you slice of what you need so my questions are;
Has anyone used this stuff?
Is it as easy as they say?
Are the results good?
Is it popular?
If you don't use it, would you?
Thanks guys:hug:

A Lady called Angie Scarr creates miniature slices of fruit to use in dolls houses and some clever person got the idea of using it as nail art. Now I have to admit that fruit doesn't really do it for me but there is soon to be miniature flowers and that really moves me, apparently this stuff is sold in a roll and you slice of what you need so my questions are;
Are the results good?
Is it popular?

I have used it to make fruit and vegetables for dolls houses - it is called Fimo. It comes in an extensive range of colours and even a clear one which makes translucent colours.

It takes quite a while to master using to produce to a high standard but results are stunning. I haven't done flowers and I don't think my 'carrots', 'king edwards' cabbages' and 'fried eggs' will be of much use as nail decorations.

I have used it to make fruit and vegetables for dolls houses - it is called Fimo. It comes in an extensive range of colours and even a clear one which makes translucent colours.

It takes quite a while to master using to produce to a high standard but results are stunning. I haven't done flowers and I don't think my 'carrots', 'king edwards' cabbages' and 'fried eggs' will be of much use as nail decorations.

lol how about onions:green:

Iv seen it in the mag to,it looks fab.Id love to try it. Iv seen this fimo ,its also used for crafts my mums made a animal out of it , it looked good.xx

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=2938

I only got them about 2 weeks ago, but so far I love them...
They are very cute..not to everybody's taste I am sure.....But ideal to brighten up a set of nails in the summer...

The nails I did in this picture I know I could have done better..plus the fact I can't stand green lol, but it is my sisters favourite colour !
But I wanted to PLAY :green:

Edit to say,
I will go and post a thread with the website I got mine from and there is a nail art gallery on there too.
Ill put it in a new thread so it doesnt get lost . x

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=2938

I only got them about 2 weeks ago, but so far I love them...
They are very cute..not to everybody's taste I am sure.....But ideal to brighten up a set of nails in the summer...

The nails I did in this picture I know I could have done better..plus the fact I can't stand green lol, but it is my sisters favourite colour !
But I wanted to PLAY :green:

Thanks Emmsy, so does it come already made and you just cut of a slice or do you have to make it your self?
I'm not arty at all so I'm hoping its the latter :lol: and I hope they do a flower one:lol:

me too I got some aswell.
Did a set with a slice of kiwi, slice of banana,and strawberry slice, with pink crushed shell. Looked quite nice.

Thanks Emmsy, so does it come already made and you just cut of a slice or do you have to make it your self?
I'm not arty at all so I'm hoping its the latter :lol: and I hope they do a flower one:lol:
If ya buy a pack it also comes with the onesided razor so you can cut them, and yes they are all ready to use no need to bake or anything like that.

oh and you have to cut them quite thinly, very thinly.

yeah sheryl....where are your pics !!!!!!!
I still havent seen any lol.

You do have to slice them yourself,
I had a few slices that TOTALLY didnt work..
But the majority are fine..
The blade you get does slice through them easily, its getting them nice and thin thats tricky.

yeah sheryl....where are your pics !!!!!!!
I still havent seen any lol.
pmsl and you wont I hated them, the design was ok but the nails were crap.

God I hate being broke:irked: Susie stamps feet and kicks the cushion
Not fare I want to PLAY

I was fascinated by the scratch article and see in the link Ems posted to the site for the lady who makes them that she does onions, pizza and alsorts! Very clever.

Ems that set of nails you did is lush, I'd love those, very fresh and summery! :hug:

So do you buy this from craft shops and bed it within your product?

Are the results good?
Is it popular?

This was some stuff I did back in 1990 all with acrylic, fruit is fun and very easy to make, maybe i'll do a few fruit slices when I get back to the salon on Tuesday.
fruity.jpg
http://www.nailzoo.com/fruity.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Yes I have already bought them to try out. Emmysbabes your nails are gorgeus, just perfect.

does anyone know what website you have to go on to order the fruit rolls?

thanks love charl x

How cool and timesaving to do nail art on yourself... i really like the lemon and orange slices. Can anybody post the link to a website to purchase this.

i just ordered the deluxe nail art pack after seeing it in scratch, such a clever idea, can't wait for my order to come through so i can have a play! x

Latest posts

Back