Aaargghh! Leaking spray tan pots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chelliesnails, is it the maximist you have? The pots are designed to hold solution and so shouldn't leak, taking them all out empty defeats the object of having them.

I don't think hot water will help my washes,they've leaked from brand new

I-tan may have been joking but that post got my back up too! Tanning tip of the day: take everything he says with a pinch of salt!

I have the T500, but had the same trouble with the pots - just thought it may help.:rolleyes: xx

when they do leak it is only a few drops a couple of ml but as it is very dark it does look a mess, it doesnt make it a bad machine, the trigger setting is the same on all machines if you want to get the best results for the tan and your pocket, then you need the minimum aperture size hence the trigger hardly moves, you can open it up if you wish but you will use much more solution
if you are worried a bout drips on floors ect there is always the "sock trick" it works on all machines with leaky seals, not just maxis
get an old sock and place it over the cup and over the gun lip, roll it back and it looks quiet nifty lol
any drips of solution and we are talking the odd drip not a torrent go on the sock they dont run down the pot and drip on the floor hth

I'm also having problems with the hose blowing out of the machine and the gun during tanning. I've pushed it in as far as I can get it but it keeps coming out. Any suggestions Steve??

I'm also having problems with the hose blowing out of the machine and the gun during tanning. I've pushed it in as far as I can get it but it keeps coming out. Any suggestions Steve??
try rubbing a candle on the hose coupling the wax thickens the connection and stops it from slipping, i have used this on very old worn hoses and got a few more months out of them in the past hth

Thanks Steve. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to send the machine back. For a new machine we shouln't have to be using all of these fixes to make it work. I know what everyone says about the T100/T200 but in 4 years I can honestly say its never leaked, hose has never blown out, spray pattern is perfect and the hose is easy to manage and not stiff. It seems that the 5008 pales in comparison and is not very well built in my opinion.

I was expecting great things from the Maximist as its supposed to be the bees knees (and maybe the motor is) but I'm not impressed :rolleyes:

Sorry, rant over.

Chelliesnails, I wasn't having a dig at you, all help gratefully received x

Steve, we're probably talking ml's rather than a torrent but enough to run all down the cup and drip on floor a few times, also when I take off cup after spraying its usually all over the top of the cup and thread! I dont really want to have to use a sock either, I don't think it looks good :( I would like the manufacturer to make it spray without leaking. My hose has blown off a few times which I can live with, but I can't live with the leaking!

I have been moaning about this from day 1 which is why we tried the duct tape that you suggested, it hasn't cured the problem :(

I will take a pic of my cup in a mo when I take it apart so you can see what I mean...

5cedfbe4-2afa-8ae9.jpg
5cedfbe4-2b14-a44f.jpg

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

For once if didn't run down the cup tonight but I only used one cup which may not be as bad as others. As you can see the solution is all over thread.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'm looking for a new spray gun - think I will give this one a miss!!

Out of my 7 cups for the Maximist 5008, one has leeked on me (run down the side of cup while still sealed tight with a lid (not on the gun) and I thought it was just me not tightening it enough (I cleaned it up - sealed it very tight and it leaked again on the journey home straight after) but having looked at your photo I must say that is how my gun and cup threads look every time I change/open them.

I did my training at the beggining of Dec so 4 of my cups have the holes in the white lid bit but the 3 newer cups I bought dont have the holes. They all look like the photo with solution on the threads when opened though. I always wipe the threads with kitchen roll once I have filled them so that I know when sealed there is no solution there, I carry my containers wedged upright at all times and every time I open them there is solution down the threads.

I have not complained as I thought this was normal as I'm new to tanning.

I have had this problem also! My cup and gun lid look like the pics that have been posted!

I always make sure I have a towel in front of my tent as I have had a few instances where it has dripped.

I always take my gun to the bathroom afterwards to unscrew as the solution runs down the cup and TBH, getting the excess solution out of the rubber tube bit is a messy job - like milking a cow! So I also carry some anti-bac wipes to clean the clients basin down!!!

I then pad the little bag that I carry my pots of solution in, with couch roll/kitchen roll just in case!

I assumed this was normal as I am still new to this!!

I'm also new to tanning, but have just read all of this thread and have realised my gun is the same. I thought it was normal too. when I've been doing tans I then have to wipe out the sink because as soon as i start unsrewing the pot off it goes everywere.

Ps. what are the hole that you are all on about? is it the two which has the pipe coming off one of them?

Yes, in the original spare cups, the white washers in the lids had the same two holes in them as the one that is on the spray gun for the tubes to go through.

When I originally got my machine about 6 months ago I moaned about the cups leaking and I was told to try putting duct tape over the holes in the washers in the spare cup lids and this would cure the problem but it hasn't!

After being at Excel today and talking to a few suppliers it seems that this should not be happening. I was told that some of the cups had been badly made and leaked but they had changed them for new cups which fitted better and they didn't leak anymore. I wonder if it could be a faulty thread on the actual gun too as mine seem to all leak but some more than others!I dont think the solution should be going all down the outside of the thread, as has been said previously, when the cup is removed from the gun to change solution etc, it goes everywhere :Scared:

Would this be something that is covered under the guarantee? Not sure I want to put up with this problem anymore....

Well mine is def one of the 2011 models and as soon as I tried it out it leaked :eek: so I can say that its not a fault that has been fixed on the new models. I'm going to see if I can send mine back tomorrow as it's brand new.

All of this happens to me too!! I only bought my machine last May, does anyone know if there's a guarantee? I bought my machine of Suntana, has anybody else?

I don't know what to do :-(

Xx

think I got mine in about July last year? should be under guarantee for a year but not sure if would just be the gun and cups that are covered as the actual machine works? Wish i'd backed mine straight away now, been moaning about it since I got it! Now I am looking at a new machine so more expense :eek: mine leaked out all over the inside of my bag tonight, all over my record cards and through the bottom of my bag onto the clients floor!!! that's two near misses this week as thankfully nothing was ruined............next time I may not be so lucky!!

Last edited:
Could someone pls help! I'm writing this on a friends behalf......She's got a Fake Bake HVLP machine, which you can increase the speed
(its not a piggy Machine). Anway she sprayed me tonight to test the machine because she told me it wasn't spraying right....
Well it was an under statement. It was spraying out at the sides instead of centre... :confused: and used mega amount of solution...
Fake Bake told her to have it on max speed and to turn the nozzel on back of gun 6 times...
Can anyone assist please?:hug:

Latest posts

Back