Accepting resignation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanhb

Reaction score
I have a member of staff who has over stepped the mark... she went onto facebook and gave my other half a string of verbal abuse on his facebook wall and again on her own. including swearing threats etc.... quite intimidating... she could have been drinking possibly as it was very over the top.
they both have my clients on their facebooks so I asked them both to get it deleted as she was letting my salon down by writing things like that on facebook and if its not deleted do not come back to my salon...

I then got a private message saying me and you need words now....

then got text message telling me 'how dare you speak to me like that on facebook' launching into a string of abuse again about my partner (who i might add did nothing wrong and i had said that any arguement she had with a person should be taken to the inbox or not at all as they are both adults and that was not my issue it was the fact that she is supposed to me a manager and junior memebers of staff and clients can see what she was writing as she was mentioning the salon in the messages)

the abuse kept coming despite the fact i told her i was not arguing over text and she told me I could have my job.... her texts were quite intimidating and abusive.

I called an employment advice line yesterday and asked if this is clased as Gross Misconduct?? They said possibly but the best route to take would be to 'take her up on her resignation (when she said I could stick my job)

So i have written her a letter telling her that I accept her resignation and that her p45 is enclosed. and that she has used up her full entitlement of holiday for this year (shes currently on 2 weeks holiday from the salon and i have not yet paid her but have checked with my accountant and she is owed nothing)

The letter is ready to be sent this morning and I am still getting texts threating me with legal advice if i dont answer them and she 'will be at the salon to collect her 2 weeks pay as she is Officially on holiday etc etc'

where do I stand? I cannot sleep with worry... i am only recently opened (2 years) and this is new to me!

I have a member of staff who has over stepped the mark... she went onto facebook and gave my other half a string of verbal abuse on his facebook wall and again on her own. including swearing threats etc.... quite intimidating... she could have been drinking possibly as it was very over the top.
they both have my clients on their facebooks so I asked them both to get it deleted as she was letting my salon down by writing things like that on facebook and if its not deleted do not come back to my salon...

I then got a private message saying me and you need words now....

then got text message telling me 'how dare you speak to me like that on facebook' launching into a string of abuse again about my partner (who i might add did nothing wrong and i had said that any arguement she had with a person should be taken to the inbox or not at all as they are both adults and that was not my issue it was the fact that she is supposed to me a manager and junior memebers of staff and clients can see what she was writing as she was mentioning the salon in the messages)

the abuse kept coming despite the fact i told her i was not arguing over text and she told me I could have my job.... her texts were quite intimidating and abusive.

I called an employment advice line yesterday and asked if this is clased as Gross Misconduct?? They said possibly but the best route to take would be to 'take her up on her resignation (when she said I could stick my job)

So i have written her a letter telling her that I accept her resignation and that her p45 is enclosed. and that she has used up her full entitlement of holiday for this year (shes currently on 2 weeks holiday from the salon and i have not yet paid her but have checked with my accountant and she is owed nothing)

The letter is ready to be sent this morning and I am still getting texts threating me with legal advice if i dont answer them and she 'will be at the salon to collect her 2 weeks pay as she is Officially on holiday etc etc'

where do I stand? I cannot sleep with worry... i am only recently opened (2 years) and this is new to me!

Speak to ACAS and get all the legal advice you can. I wouldn't text anymore. Anything she wants to speak about do it in person, with a witness, or via email or phone. However I would be cautious about phone calls too.

As for facebook, block her. Facebook is more trouble than it's worth tbh, hence why I am no longer on there.

Good luck. Xx

I havent replied to any more text messages and phone calls, i have now blocked her off facebook which is why i think the texts are getting more abusive.. thank you for your reply :)

I hope you took a screen shot of all of the Facebook posts and messages or you won't have much evidence.

First, alter all your contracts to say that clients can't be on personal face books, why do they need to know our private life?
Now... Definitely call your solicitor. Are you on iPhone? Screen shot the texts and your calls you received, email to the pc and print. Do the same with Facebook, if your only on pc then press the prtsc button and paste in word (it will give you a photo of what you could see on screen, hover over the date so it shows too.)
Are the messages threatening violence or damage to you, your family, friends, employees, home or salon? If so, police now!

Did you know there is no legal guideline for offensiveness? If you are offended by it then it is offensive, te police will help with that too.

If she's threatening legal action, give her legal action first.

And most important, breathe and calm down xoxo

I would be carfull with saying....dont come back. There are rules to follow to dismiss anyone. I would get legal advice (maybe you get this free from somwhere?)

Its easy for you to be penalised for sacking someone the 'wrong way' regardless of hiw obvious it is that the employee is at fault.

Just be carfull ;-)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

i think you are well within your rights to accept her resignation but as said print copies of all texts, emails and facebook messages as proof that she was the one leaving and of course the abuse.

give acas a call and just double check that you owe her nothing, they can work it out for you xx

I would be carfull with saying....dont come back. There are rules to follow to dismiss anyone. I would get legal advice (maybe you get this free from somwhere?)

Its easy for you to be penalised for sacking someone the 'wrong way' regardless of hiw obvious it is that the employee is at fault.

Just be carfull ;-)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

The op mentions she spoke to the employment advice line and they told her this was the best route x

In saying "you can stick your job" she is effectively handing in her resignation. You are within your rights to accept this resignation.
Just to be safe as the others have said, print the texts and comments, but the offensive stuff aside - she has resigned, and you have accepted. Period. Shouldnt be any comeback.
If she continues to harrass you, then go to the police.
Has she received your acceptance letter yet?
xxxxx

Latest posts

Back