Acrylic nail kit list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danniidaisy88

Reaction score
Hi There!

I would like to obtain my own kit list to try and minimise costs of training...however I have found that a lot of the kits you can buy seem to include items that may not be needed...please could someone who is a qualified nail tech advise me what I would need for acrylic nails/tips.

It would be so so appreciated!!

Thanks

Dannii x

When you say you want to minimise the costs of training, do you mean your going to do a college course? If so, the college will usually provide the products for you. What college are you going with?

When you book into your course, the cost of the kit you will use to train with is usually included in the fees.
Most places will not let you use your own products and insist you use their kits with whatever brand they use.
If you were to try and ask them if you can use your own kit, I would think they would say no, it would also have to do with health and safety and their duty of care to you, they need to know exactly what you are working with during training and the only way to do that, is to have you use their kit.

if you wish to buy your own products of a different brand while you do your training using the schools brand, then that's fine but I will suggest it is much better to do your training with the ONE brand and then after you have qualified and wish to change, then it is best to go and do a conversion course for the new product you wish to use.
Doing a decent course to get correctly qualified is hard enough, it's not as easy as it all looks and cause each brand works different to the next, you definitely don't need to make it any harder on yourself by using one product to train with and another at home to practice with.

The best thing would be to pick a course that uses good high quality products in the first place and give good high quality training and then you will know you have a good product to work with:)

Just my opinion, I hope it helps:)

Why would you need to supply your own? Has your tutor requested this? I would go back to them and ask them to supply you with a list of what they expect you to bring and details of where they are happy for you to purchase it from as most places would never allow you to buy products without a certificate.

It seems odd that they dont supply a kit. who are you training with ?

tigi

Also seems odd that they didnt even tell you what you needed to bring they expect you to find out yourself?
I dont think a trainer for one brand would train you in using a different system. The reason they are a trainer for that brand is because they belive in the system they are using. Therefor for you to become good at it you need to be using the same products they are using.
I am a trainer with OMG tanning, so when it comes to the course I use all OMG products and all stuff that we sell. I wouldnt say to someone come on my course but find your own products to use :idea:

Hi,

I've already made a post but want to update my question. Im taking a mani/pedi course and acrylic but not being provided with a kit after. The academy says they don't train in one specific brand but use different ones. So can anyone advise where I can buy a kit from for mani/pedi and acrylics and/or advise exactly what I need in a kit please?

Thanks!!

I've just started being a mobile nail tech and wondering if people could advise what I need? I have a large box for all my bits (still to be purchased) and looking for a nail table also (any advice on where to get one?). Am I forgetting anything??

Thanks for any advice guys!

Xx

Hi hun, your training kit should be enough to be going on with and as you run short of things just contact the supplyer your kit came from for what ever you are low on.

Hey!

I got my manicure table from "the range" for £15, its in fact a camp table but is really lightweight and has a handle, its also folds down x x

Hi hun, your training kit should be enough to be going on with and as you run short of things just contact the supplyer your kit came from for what ever you are low on.

Hi susie

The academy I'm supposed to be qualifying with don't include a starter kit, I can purchase one separately but want to check what experienced techs use as don't want bits I don't actually need! Thanks :)

Hey!

I got my manicure table from "the range" for £15, its in fact a camp table but is really lightweight and has a handle, its also folds down x x

That's great! Will try them tomorrow! Thanks
X

i would go to your nearist sallys and ask for advise ,i use thai pedi and manicure stuff and asp all of which you can get there plus you always have the staff for advise plus it wont breack the bank hope that helps :lol:

Hi,

I've already made a post but want to update my question. Im taking a mani/pedi course and acrylic but not being provided with a kit after. The academy says they don't train in one specific brand but use different ones. So can anyone advise where I can buy a kit from for mani/pedi and acrylics and/or advise exactly what I need in a kit please?

Thanks!!

I mean no offense to you personally but when I just read this post, my first thought was "ummm I think you need to find yourself a better college to train at".

If they mix and match products, don't provide products in the fees and are happy to train you using any old cheap products, then they would not be classed as a reputable training organization I'm sorry to say.

Please, before you jump in with who ever it is you are looking at training with, look around a bit more and see what else is on offer.
Remember, you get what you pay for....so if you pay for a cheapo quick course, this is the kind of training you will get also.

Good luck.

Problem with asking staff in sallys in most arent even trained or Beauty therapists. I was waiting in que one day and someone came in said they wanted to buy a wax kit to do themselves and friends and the girl took her over to the wax stuff and told her what to buy and how to use it, but the way she told her was wrong!
I have also seen a girl selling someone bleach for doing her own hair! And telling her to do roots first then put bleach over all the rest. They really dont know what they are doing!

when i trained last year,we had to purchase our kit through aston fincher and we had a list which we had to personally send our self,so i used this to find the same quality products cheaper,we used CND retention for acrylics which you can pick a starter kit from many places not just S2. But i must agree with wooshka if the college you will be going to mix and matches systems i would look else where.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i trained last year,we had to purchase our kit through aston fincher and we had a list which we had to personally send our self,so i used this to find the same quality products cheaper,we used CND retention for acrylics which you can pick a starter kit from many places not just S2. But i must agree with wooshka if the college you will be going to mix and matches systems i would look else where.

S2 is the only legal licensed distributor along with their distributor partners for CND products in the UK. The price is the same from all legitimate sources.

Hi there, it is great that you are so enthusiastic and I can understand that you are wanting to get started, but I would advise you to wait until you get your college kit. The reasoning behind is this is that if you were to source your l&p kit from somewhere, before you have had any training, is that you will probably want to start trying it out, and without the correct knowledge you can end up with lots of problems, and the risk of over exposure. Hope this helps:)

S2 is the only legal licensed distributor along with their distributor partners for CND products in the UK. The price is the same from all legitimate sources.
just re read my original post,Sorry if it indicated i got it cheaper that S2 i am not sure on that, but i didn't train with them and hadn't heard of them at the time as i wasn't on this FAB site.sorry again if it came across like that...
sazza

I agree with the people who mentioned about the mixing and matching of products. Thats never a good way to start off. I would deffinatly suggest looking around a little bit more. Paying more in the beginning does pay off.. rather then paying less and having to redo training in a couple of years.

Latest posts

Back