Acrylic nails for 9 year olds...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its a good thing to be educated but I think if they are educated enough to know the difference between L&P and gels then they should also know about bacterial infections, complete with photos.
What worries me more is that mums are willing to let them have them.
9 years old Kay had make up and stick on nails and nail polish and she and her friends used to have a great time putting it all on, and of it all came correctly, which was also part of the fun, before tea.
Pedo's always say that their victims wanted it and that little kids are not as innocent as we think they are, I'm just frightened that this sort of thing is just making our children more attractive to these sicko's

Totally agree here .....pedo's would love to have young girls with nails....(sick as they are).....i have been saying for ages...young girls should not go out in bra's and knickers as it looks bad....my daughter is 12 and i do not let her have a mini skirt.....or would i let her out in just her bra....

As for the nails....is there a law that says you can not put nails on girls under 16???...i mean on the serious side of it.....infections,bad nail service....children dont know about this as they just want to keep up with "the group" and be one of them.....the mums should know as someone will that they know must have nails and know the good things and the bad things with it....

OMG....5 years old....:eek:...talk about growing up to fast .....the poor girl will not have a childhood as her mum wants her to grow up too fast.....she will be wearing high heeled boots next :eek:.

I Also Think 9 Years Old Is Too Young
I Would Not Do It

I agree Judy, 9 yrs old is too young in my opinion. I was asked (by the mother) a few weeks ago to do her 11 yr old girl. I said no and explained (about 4 times) why I wouldn't do her. The mum got a bit funny with me and said I was mad to turn down business!

I stuck to my guns however and I will not do enhancements for a child under 14. 14-16 I need written consent from a parent/guardian and usually this is for a special occassion and always in school holidays.

I'm sure the lady went away and found a nail tech perhaps struggling for business and cajoled them into it so I probably failed miserably but at least my conscience is clear.

Some people just don't want to hear the word no, even if there's valid reasons behind it. You did the right thing xx:)

i very agree 9 way too young i never would do
i say 16 or older but thats me

9 is defenitly way too young. At that age i made little bals out of play doh and squeezed them on my own nails and prettended that they were my own lol :lol:
It is like everyone says...kids want to grow up so fast and it is to the parents and the nailtechs to put a halt on that for their own good.
My minimum age is 16. for enhancements.
I know that it is possible that they run off to a nss, but still i would refuse to do it, because of all the reasons mentioned above and tell them about it. If they still would want to have it done i could only feel upset about the ignorence of the parent.
My sister daughter is 6 and loves nailpolish and nailart. Everytime i go back i do her nails for fun but she asked me if she could have nails like mine. Told her when she is as tall as i am *1.83m* she will get them Lol :lol: she feels a bit dishearted about that....maybe i should teach her the skills of playdoh enhancements

Latest posts

Back