Acrylic probs in hot weather

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybeartalons

Reaction score
Hi, hoping someone can help. I am a mobile nail tech and today and yesterday i have done new sets of acrylics in clients conservatories, which where quite hot cos of weather, when i picked up a ball of acrylic it didnt absorb all the liquid and stayed dry, i had to just do the nails using small wet balls of acrylic (obviously too longer) I presume this is cos of the hot weather but has never happened to me before and i have been doing nails over ten years, has anyone else had this problem, thanx:irked:

Just wanted to add that problem happened when i was picking up acrylic and not when applying to nail. so nothing to do with speed as i am quite quick. also want to add i use NSI.

Last edited:
Heat will definitely affect your product - if it is really warm or hot out, the product will set up a lot faster. In these instances I find I have to use a wetter mix ratio.

Hope this helps!

Hi. I think this has happened to me.
I did a set of acrylics in my own conservatory and my Lady's nails have started lifting just a few hours after.

I spoke to my tutor who mentioned that the acrylic is probably starting to cure as soon as it touches the nail because of the heat in that room. She has advised me to work a little faster with the acrylic. The Lady is coming back to see me tonight so I can repair the problem. I will put a fan in the room and see if that helps

Evening all i used to have this problem untill some1 told me about putting the liquid in the fridge for a while before i do the nails just to chill it not freeze it as this will cause crystalization in the liquid just so that it is cold so u can work at a normal speed.hope that helps.xx

Evening all i used to have this problem untill some1 told me about putting the liquid in the fridge for a while before i do the nails just to chill it not freeze it as this will cause crystalization in the liquid just so that it is cold so u can work at a normal speed.hope that helps.xx

Well it might with most products but it wouldn't with CND.

I don't know what products the original poster is using as her profile is not filled out.

I work in Spain where it is hot hot hot and I have to say, that I have never had to put my liquid in the fridge or anywhere else other than the room in which I work.

To compensate for the heat I work a touch wetter ... I apply fast anyway so that is not a problem for me, but if you are a slow worker then it's time to speed up in the heat.

Hi i work in a salon and my desk is right next to the window and this happened to me today i thought it was just me :irked:

Hi and yes it does work with cnd as that is what i use .xx

Hi and yes it does work with cnd as that is what i use .xx

What I was saying was that CND will not freeze ever in a frige or freezer. That is why I highlighted part of the post.

Well it might with most products but it wouldn't with CND.

I don't know what products the original poster is using as her profile is not filled out.

I work in Spain where it is hot hot hot and I have to say, that I have never had to put my liquid in the fridge or anywhere else other than the room in which I work.

To compensate for the heat I work a touch wetter ... I apply fast anyway so that is not a problem for me, but if you are a slow worker then it's time to speed up in the heat.

I don't put my stuff in the fridge or anything either as I didn't know you could....and I work wetter to compensate for this flippin heat ( for someone who hates the sun and heat I sure live in the wrong place!!! ) but I am not the fastest worker so I end up feeling like it's a battle between me and the acrylic as to who will win :lol:

thanx so much for all your replies, next time i will try putting liquid in their fridge, glad its not just me

sorry didnt realise you had high lighted that part, get what you mean with that. :).

What I have been doing to stop the product setting too quickly is to fill a ramakin from the kitchen with crushed ice & poping my dappen dish on top to cool the liquid slightly. Will probably get told off for doing this but as im still mastering product overlay it prevents it setting too quickly. Works for me. Hope I've not given ill advice & no doubt will be told if I have lol:smack:. Oh well I live & learn

xx

I too have been having this problem, I totally agree and find that working with ur brush a little bit wetter, and working that lil bit faster works heaps. Today I felt like screaming, every time I picked a bead up and placed it, it was nearly set,, took a few attempts before I clicked on, lol.

xx kate xx

I am soooooooooooo pleased that i have seen this thread!! I am mobile and did 2 sets of nails at the weekend and both have lifted, one of them quite severely. Thought it prob had something to do with the heat and was so fed up about it i decided to stop doing enhancements mobile and maybe just at home where i could keep temp down. But there seems to be some good tips so i will persevere.

Just one question, if your monomer gets hot then cools down, and then gets warmer again, will this affect its performance or not?

i had this problem too i have never worked so quick !!

I had the same problem yesterday...And I am not sure what to do..I am mobile but work full time in an affice as well...so I have to take my kit to work, leave in boot of my car and then drive straight to clients after work...and yesterday it was really really warm and my product was drying as soon as i put my bead on!! arghhh!!!!!

xx

why not trying keeping it in a cool box or cool bag??....just a mini one??

What I have been doing to stop the product setting too quickly is to fill a ramakin from the kitchen with crushed ice & poping my dappen dish on top to cool the liquid slightly. Will probably get told off for doing this but as im still mastering product overlay it prevents it setting too quickly. Works for me. Hope I've not given ill advice & no doubt will be told if I have lol:smack:. Oh well I live & learn

xx
I thought of doing this as well but I feel better now I'm not the only one because I'm also having problems with the heat and my acrylic setting way too fast. So what I will actually do is pop it in the fridge and also rest my dish the liquid is in on top of some crushed ice.

Latest posts

Back