advice about tipping please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
I have a client in on friday for a 4 week rebalance (brisa nno). She knows that she should have come in at 3 weeks but it was her choice not to. I think there must have been some lifting at the sides of her free edge on one of her nails as she picked up a bin, caught her nail and snapped off the free edge.

I had a very quick look last night and the nail that was broken does have gel still on it. I will have to put a tip on it when I do her rebalance so it matches the other nails, but I am unsure of how to get a tip to adhere, do I buff off the same amount of product as normal, but with a different file? Or buff the product off that nail completely?

Any help would be fantastic, thanks for reading this :)

Could you not sculpt instead of putting a tip on?

It would be easier if you could sculpt it back...but as you need to tip, I would buff off most of the gel before applying a tip, as per a removal, otherwise you could end up with one thick monster nail! HTH

Hiyah

I personnally would soak off that nail and start all over again.

hth hun :)

Hiyah

I personnally would soak off that nail and start all over again.

hth hun :)

Brisa doesnt soak off, it's a buff - off, but I know what you mean lol

Yes I know I should sculpt, but I am just not confident with it, I really must get that sorted. I have never done a mix and match client that already has product on her nails so it kinda threw me a bit!

Thanks so much for the advice everyone I really do appreciate it xx

Yes I know I should sculpt, but I am just not confident with it
You could give it a go with it just being one finger. I was the same at college but to be honest i love to sculpt now.
Let me know what you do and how it goes hun. :hug:

ღMandyღ;731202 said:
You could give it a go with it just being one finger. I was the same at college but to be honest i love to sculpt now.
Let me know what you do and how it goes hun. :hug:

Ok, I'll practice on my boyfriend tonight! I am scared of having to fit about 68 forms before I get it right and make a total tit of myself! thanks for the advice :hug:

Ok, I'll practice on my boyfriend tonight! I am scared of having to fit about 68 forms before I get it right and make a total tit of myself! thanks for the advice :hug:
Haha I know what you mean, damn things always seem to stick better to your own skin :lol:

Latest posts

Back