Advice on UV Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsym

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am new to this site and have been a nail tech for just over 6 months now and loving it. I want to add uv top coat to my treatment list but was wondering which is the best product to use? I currently use all CND products as thats who i trained with. At the moment i am just buffing to a high shine however i would like to at least offer a uv top coat to my customers, as this is the most common 'what could i do better/offer' answer when i ask my clients - any help/advice is greatly appreciated -Thanks in advance:

Kelly xxx

Hi, I use NSI's Glaze 'n' Go, and love it! :) HTH. xxx

hi i bought glaze n go and had nothing but problems. brisa is very good but quite expensive. i now use opi axium and find it great in all ways.hope that helps x

Hi guys, i am new to this site and have been a nail tech for just over 6 months now and loving it. I want to add uv top coat to my treatment list but was wondering which is the best product to use? I currently use all CND products as thats who i trained with. At the moment i am just buffing to a high shine however i would like to at least offer a uv top coat to my customers, as this is the most common 'what could i do better/offer' answer when i ask my clients - any help/advice is greatly appreciated -Thanks in advance:

Kelly xxx

Why not stick with CND? :)

Kelly xxx

Hi Love! May I suggest that if you are currently using all CND products that you purchase their gel topcoat? A lot of products are interchangable, but if your product line carries a good one, why not use it? They are made for each other- which should guarantee a beautiful finish - and CND is a fantastic line

Thanks for the advice guys, can i ask what the name of the CND gel top coat is called and also i was told it only cures properly with the brisa uv lamp?? Is this correct?

CND's Topcoat is called Finishing Gel and I've found it to be more flexible on longer nails. I don't get the cracking that I experienced with some other brands.
It's like everything else in life - you get what you pay for !

Thanks angela - do i need to use CND's brisa lamp to get an exact cure of the product or can i use a normal 36w uv lamp? Thanks so much, i'm a noob when it comes to top coats x

Thanks angela - do i need to use CND's brisa lamp to get an exact cure of the product or can i use a normal 36w uv lamp? Thanks so much, i'm a noob when it comes to top coats x

The Brisa top coat is called Finishing gloss, and yes you will need a Brisa lamp to cure it - HTH

The Brisa top coat is called Finishing gloss, and yes you will need a Brisa lamp to cure it - HTH

Thanks angela, last question, this is ok to use with l&p as i do not do brisa nails. Plus if you have any tips on application and curing time i would be most appreciative - Thanks xx

Hiya I use Glaze n Go and its brilliant use it over nail art, gel and acrylic it doesn't work over nail varnish so I use CND super shiney I just got the star nails top coat and this is nice also but I don't think I would change from Glaze n Go. :)

Thanks angela, last question, this is ok to use with l&p as i do not do brisa nails. Plus if you have any tips on application and curing time i would be most appreciative - Thanks xx

Its Adele actually:lol: Brisa finishing gloss must be applied over a surface finished with a 180 grit, which must be dust and oil free (use a wipe dampened with Scrubfresh) Take care not to apply it too thinly, you need to 'float' it over the surface of the nail, cure in the Brisa lamp for 2 minutes and wipe off the dispersion (sticky) layer with Scrubfresh and you are done - HTH

Hi I have tried many on the market, from CND, NSI, IBD, etc

My absolute favourite, goes such a long way is by hawley "miraseal" it is the best I have ever had.

I was trained with CND + Ez Flow, and I like their products alot. but in all honesty Hawleys "Miraseal" is the best. Try it, you won't regret it.:)

If you are looking for a UV topcoat that cures with a 36w lamp I would go with a product like Glaze & go, IBD intense seal & Young Nails does one too (but the exact name escapes me at the moment!). These will cure with any lamp so If you already have one they are the type of products to go with, will save the expense of buying another lamp & all these products set to a high shine without leaving a tacky residue so you save on a wipe & product to remove the sticky layer too!

Hi I have tried many on the market, from CND, NSI, IBD, etc

My absolute favourite, goes such a long way is by hawley "miraseal" it is the best I have ever had.

I was trained with CND + Ez Flow, and I like their products alot. but in all honesty Hawleys "Miraseal" is the best. Try it, you won't regret it.:)

Never heard of this one? Who makes it & where do you get it from?

Its Adele actually:lol: Brisa finishing gloss must be applied over a surface finished with a 180 grit, which must be dust and oil free (use a wipe dampened with Scrubfresh) Take care not to apply it too thinly, you need to 'float' it over the surface of the nail, cure in the Brisa lamp for 2 minutes and wipe off the dispersion (sticky) layer with Scrubfresh and you are done - HTH

SORRY ADELE - i am blonde and it does show sometimes! Thanks for your help xx

CND also has a product called UV Dry. From the CND website: (HTH)! :)

WHAT IT IS:

A professional, fast-drying UV-activated top coat.

WHAT IT DOES:

Rapidly dries all layers of nail color when used with the Dial UV lamp. Creates a hard, protective coating that extends the life of nail color. Provides a deep, rich, high-gloss shine.

WHY YOU NEED IT:

Delivers a professional-quality, value-added service. Extends the life of a manicure.

Ive not seen UV Dry I need to check calologue...

Can UV Dry be used on natural polished nails????

Or does it crack?

Forgot to say CND Finishing Gloss is fab....Expensive but a little goes a long way with it...

Oh & whats a dail UV lamp

I will need to check but I dont think you can get UV Dry any more I think they have stopped making it, sorry if I am wrong:green:
They have an Air Dry and a Heat Dry which are fab I use my Minx lamp for the Heat Dry.
As said the Finnishing Gloss by CND is a UV Cured topcoat.:hug:

Got the Air & Heat, I wasnt aware of the UV Dry,,

Latest posts

Back