Advice pls about another therapist.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munch

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

After some advice please.

I have been working mobile for just over a year. Just after I started up another Beauty lady contact me from my area and we meet for a coffee every now and again for a chat. Being self employed can be a lonely thing.

I have all way been open about what I want from my business and what I did and didn't want to do. My husband warned me about not being too open to this person but I didn't listen, just thought people where like myself.

Anyway just recently this lady after training in something I already do started majorly undercutting me in price, me being me I left it. I thought oh well we are different people and I personally aim for a better class of client anyway so didn't think to bad of her. She has now blocked me from her facebook page and started using the same sort of wording I use.

I am not to bothered about some of what she does as I and confident in what I do and I still get allot of clients for this treatment, some of witch know she is offering the same treatments for half the price, I even think sometime stilly C*w has to work twice as hard for the same money.

I am really cross with myself for letting this persons actions get to me and being so sucked in by her.
Now I don't no weather to confront her and ask her what she is doing or to just leave it.?

I feel I really need to get a bit stronger and start caring more about me. my family and my business and SOD everyone else.

How do you all deal with this sort of thing???

M x

Unfortunately your husband was right!
There are people like that everywhere and you need to be extremely careful!

I'm not too sure how you should handle this as it all depends on her reactions I think so depends what sort of person she is, Is she strong and stubborn? Ect x

Just remember keep your friends close and your enemies closer! x

Don't be cross with yourself; you're a nice person so you wouldn't see that she was being underhand at first. Now you know what she's like just put it down to experience. Your friendship is her loss - it would have been much more valuable to her than gaining a few short-term clients. xx

Also I think many people believe in "you get what you pay for"
The clients she gets will only be using her as she is the cheaper option..x

Aww people can be so disappointing sometimes can't they? I'm like you, really open and happy to talk about anything honestly, but some people take this as a weakness and take advantage.
To be honest it seems as though she was using you, so take it as flattery that she had to copy you to have any sort of clue where to take her business. I would just forget about her, concentrate on your own clients and your family and be happy in the knowledge that you are a better person :) x

Aww people can be so disappointing sometimes can't they? I'm like you, really open and happy to talk about anything honestly, but some people take this as a weakness and take advantage.
To be honest it seems as though she was using you, so take it as flattery that she had to copy you to have any sort of clue where to take her business. I would just forget about her, concentrate on your own clients and your family and be happy in the knowledge that you are a better person :) x

This is so true what pink fairy has said!!!!! Remember what goes around, comes around. Your lovely and when you are a good person, good things happen! When you use people, you will lose in the long run. Be strong lady and take faith in the knowledge she has lost a very good friend in the industry indeed! :) xxxx

you could ask her why she's blocked you, but what's the point in 'confronting' her about the way she runs her business? it's none of your business and what will it achieve? she isn't going to suddenly stop because you go moaning/crying to her. if that's the kind of 'friend' she is then you are better off without her to be honest, it's no big loss i'm sure :)

being on your own is lonely and scary at times... but it's far less lonely and scary if you talk to your salon geek workfriends! :D x

Thank you lovley ladies, I do feel better after reading your posts. Kindness is a weakness as well and a great way to be.

Its such a shame she has chosen to do this, I just don't understand some people. I am in two minds weather to block her back from my business page or just leave it and hope she dosnt get underhand. but I can't work out if you can block people from a like page.

I will keep plodding along try to be more awear from now on.

This is such a great site with great peeps thank you.

Mx

It is really sad that a lot of people feel that to get on in business you have to be a sneaky biatch. I found the opposite to be true. To get on in business you need to be trustworthy and honest, and be seen to be that way.

This person has let herself down, and no good will come of it.

Continue to hold your head up, you did nothing wrong. I have had people lie, cheat and steal off me over the years. Guess what, I still have my lovely salons and I'm still standing. They are either signing on or working for buttons.

It is really sad that a lot of people feel that to get on in business you have to be a sneaky biatch. I found the opposite to be true. To get on in business you need to be trustworthy and honest, and be seen to be that way.

This person has let herself down, and no good will come of it.

Continue to hold your head up, you did nothing wrong. I have had people lie, cheat and steal off me over the years. Guess what, I still have my lovely salons and I'm still standing. They are either signing on or working for buttons.

I agree, I am nice and help other therapists out when they ask but I'm Still very careful in what I want to keep secret!
But I think, I know I do a good job so bring on a bit of healthy competition!
My clients come back to me (my client base is very small still) but I know they are happy and would recommend me :) x

That's all you need to keep in mind really is that you are good at what you do and if others feel the need to be sneaky,steal pictures idea's ect ect. Then it is sad they don't have enough confidence in themselves unlike yourself xx

It's horrible when this happens :-(

I'm having problems with a therapist at the moment too. There have been things written on facebook, horrible things being said to clients (who have went out of their way to come to where I work, even though they're not my clients, to make me aware of it) and this person even went as far to ask a client to keep an eye on how busy I was while she was in getting her hair done (I rent rooms in a hairdressers).

It's really horrible and really annoying but you just have to be the better person, be professional and rise above it. The sad thing is, these kind of people don't seem to realise that there's MORE than enough clients to go around everyone.

In a strange way, you have to take it as a compliment because this person is obviously feeling extremely threatened by you.

Chin up and just keep doing what you're doing (because you're obviously doing it well) :) xx

It's horrible when this happens :-(

I'm having problems with a therapist at the moment too. There have been things written on facebook, horrible things being said to clients (who have went out of their way to come to where I work, even though they're not my clients, to make me aware of it) and this person even went as far to ask a client to keep an eye on how busy I was while she was in getting her hair done (I rent rooms in a hairdressers).

It's really horrible and really annoying but you just have to be the better person, be professional and rise above it. The sad thing is, these kind of people don't seem to realise that there's MORE than enough clients to go around everyone.

In a strange way, you have to take it as a compliment because this person is obviously feeling extremely threatened by you.

Chin up and just keep doing what you're doing (because you're obviously doing it well) :) xx

Gosh that's horrendous!

being on your own is lonely and scary at times... but it's far less lonely and scary if you talk to your salon geek workfriends! :D x

That is such a lovely thing to say, it's reassuring to hear nice things like that, thankyou :)

I have the same issue with a salon very close to mine.

Her price list is listed exactly the same as mine but all her prices are half the price of mine. It bothered me at first but there is nothing I can do about it. I figure that as long as I don't sit still and keep adding and trying new products and systems, I will always be the trend setter and not a follower!

Keep doing what you are doing and leave the traiters to their own game. Be proud that she see's you as enough of a threat to do herself out of money.

Stay positive and rely on your friends on here for help and support regarding the industry xxxx

PS don't be so hard on yourself but do try to be a little cautious if approached in the future...

I have just posted but then thought I would try and bring a little humour to the thread by telling you about my little prank on my follower...

About a month ago I printed a flyer (just one) advertising Shellac Polish for just £6!

My leaflet dropper was doing a big drop that weekend in my followers area (I know where she lives) So I gave him specific instructions to post leaflets through everyones door as normal but to post the Shellac one through only my followers door.

Only a week later a big sign went up in her Window giving shellac + a manicure for £5!!!!

I had only just started offering shellac. My follower did not have it on her list at all. She tried to fob customers off with a colour gel instead of Shellac and eventually took the sign down and turned customers away. As a result I got a huge number of customers coming to my salon to complain and have the correct thing done. Even though the price was obviously more 7 customers still went ahead and remain loyal.

After writing this and re reading I feel a tad of guilt but hey all is fair in love and war xxx

Thank you all again. :hug:

Another think she did was tell me she was soooooo busy and that made me feel I wasn't doing very well and knocked my confidence.
But thinking about this last night I am please with what I am doing, I have only been going 1 year and have my regulars, most have recommenced me to friends.
I did loose a few after last summer, which again knocked my confidence but since we have had sun back I have heard back from the again :) so it wasn't me. G*d I'm to sensitive.

I have a slow week this weeks so I think I will try and forget about this and concentrate on finding new ways to gain new clients.

Wish me luck.

I have just posted but then thought I would try and bring a little humour to the thread by telling you about my little prank on my follower...

About a month ago I printed a flyer (just one) advertising Shellac Polish for just £6!

My leaflet dropper was doing a big drop that weekend in my followers area (I know where she lives) So I gave him specific instructions to post leaflets through everyones door as normal but to post the Shellac one through only my followers door.

Only a week later a big sign went up in her Window giving shellac + a manicure for £5!!!!

I had only just started offering shellac. My follower did not have it on her list at all. She tried to fob customers off with a colour gel instead of Shellac and eventually took the sign down and turned customers away. As a result I got a huge number of customers coming to my salon to complain and have the correct thing done. Even though the price was obviously more 7 customers still went ahead and remain loyal.

After writing this and re reading I feel a tad of guilt but hey all is fair in love and war xxx

LMAO!!!!! You're so funny!! Xx

Another think she did was tell me she was soooooo busy and that made me feel I wasn't doing very well and knocked my confidence.
But thinking about this last night I am please with what I am doing, I have only been going 1 year and have my regulars, most have recommenced me to friends.
I did loose a few after last summer, which again knocked my confidence but since we have had sun back I have heard back from the again :) so it wasn't me. G*d I'm to sensitive.

I have a slow week this weeks so I think I will try and forget about this and concentrate on finding new ways to gain new clients.

Wish me luck.

She's just trying to make you feel bad - take no notice.

I get a few slow weeks, but by about Wednesday onwards I'm fully booked. It's crazy how last minute some people can be lol. I'm sure you'll get lots of phone calls this week and you'll end up really busy :)

Good luck xx

Oh I loved that last post, shellac mani for a fiver! Haha serves her right can you imagine her utter confusion thinking you could do it so cheap hehe x

Wish me luck.

don't believe everything she says ;) you don't need luck... all you need to do is carry on how you have been because it's clearly working! x

:o i did not have you down for the sneaky type!! ohhh i am so shocked that you have a rebel streak in you! i always thought you were such a lovely, sweet therapist! haha i absolutely love it! :D i hope you pull more tricks on your wannabe so that you can come share them with us all! :D

guilt?? pfft. don't try and come across all innocent to us! :p

x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back