Aftercare Advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouge

Reaction score
One of my clients had nail extensions applied at a local salon (I suspect NSS from what she says, but not entirely sure about that). She was given no aftercare advice, so I told her to apply solar oil twice a day, if she wants to put polish over the top to use non-acetone polish remover, and if she wants the nails removed to go to a reputable salon and have them soaked off professionally.

My question is, did I miss anything? Is there anything more I should have told her? I'm not a nail tech, and wouldn't have known what to say to her had I not been a member of this site.

Good advice. :hug: I think I may have added that if she had any breaks or lifting that she should get them repaired by a qualified tech asap to avoid the risk of greenies.

One of my clients had nail extensions applied at a local salon (I suspect NSS from what she says, but not entirely sure about that). She was given no aftercare advice, so I told her to apply solar oil twice a day, if she wants to put polish over the top to use non-acetone polish remover, and if she wants the nails removed to go to a reputable salon and have them soaked off professionally.

My question is, did I miss anything? Is there anything more I should have told her? I'm not a nail tech, and wouldn't have known what to say to her had I not been a member of this site.
If they are NSS, then also add, to never go there again! AND/OR always pay that bit extra for a top notch salon/therapist with good reputation. Worth it in the long term.

If they are NSS, then also add, to never go there again! AND/OR always pay that bit extra for a top notch salon/therapist with good reputation. Worth it in the long term.
Yup, did that! :lol: Gave her a good verbal :smack:.

Thanks for that reminder too Debs, I shall text her in the morning!

I have after care advice leaflets to give out, and I always read through it with the client so I dont forget to tell them anything. You can buy them but to be honest after my first pack ran out I did some of my own on the computer!

I have been the champion of the professional nail technicians for 25 years. Printed aftercare sheets look professional in my opinion and as you know I am all about making folks realise that that is what good nail technicians are ... professional people ... which means they have knowledge and expertise; anything that dilutes that image is somewhere I will not go. The CND printed aftercare leaflets are so cheap to buy yet add so much to your pro image that I think it is a mistake not to have them. Include them in the cost of your goods for nails and in your ultimate price for enhancements etc and you are not paying for them anyway ... your clients are.

Sarah ... you did a good job and I think you have made an apt 'nail' pupil :lol:

You did a good job with the aftercare advice and well done you for taking the time and effort to tell her when her tech couldn't be bothered!!

Thanks everybody for your help and your kind words. Like I said in my original post, I'm not a nail tech and only knew to tell her what I did because of everything I've read on this site. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue any more than she did!

I don't think she'll be going back to that salon again.:green:

Latest posts

Back