Aftercare Leaflet - Please See!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXxDaWn-JxXx

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I had to produce an aftercare leaflet for my mani/pedi college assignment this week, and wondered what you all thought of this? :irked:

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :green:

Thanks

D* xXx

Manicure/Pedicure Aftercare Advice

¨ Remember – nails are jewels not tools!
¨ Wear gloves when washing-up, gardening or in harsh weather conditions.
¨ Always use a base coat to prevent staining the nails and to protect them. If you already have staining, soak the nails in lemon juice. A top coat will make sure nail polish lasts longer.
¨ Use a non-acetone nail polish remover.
¨ Have regular manicures/pedicures once a month.
¨ Apply moisturiser after every hand wash and at night.
¨ Keep nails neat with a file, but do not see-saw when using the file. File in one direction only.
¨ If your nails are hard and brittle, soak them in warm oil treatment. If your nails are soft and peeling, use a protein formula to strengthen.
¨ Do not bite your nails. Try a ‘stop-and-grow’ solution and keep the free edge short.
¨ To treat hard skin on the feet, use a foot file, exfoliate and moisturise.
¨ For ridged nails and to boost circulation, buff the nails gently once a week, but do not over buff them.
¨ Eat a diet rich in vitamins, calcium and fibre for strong, healthy nails.

Some are good and some I don't like.

I certainly wouldn't be telling clients to book a regular manicure and then tell them later on down the page how to do it.

Lemon Juice???

Clients should be encouraged to use the professional products that YOU will sell them (Like Nail Brite) not telling them to soak in Lemon Juice.

I think some of the early suggestions are good, but the latter ones they should be coming to you to have done.

You should be diagnosing their problems in the salon and they should be coming to you to fix those problems.

This is looking great hun but can think of a few more little things to add.
Top coat will also seal on the colour and give a high shine finish.
Also when filling you need to bevel afterwards.
I would also probably change this one - Have regular manicures/pedicures once a month.
And would say 'to maintain the effects of you pedi/mani please return once a month.'
Some clients may need to come in for a course like two weeks apart for a while, so you could say 'unless otherwise advised by your therapist'.
Sure you already know this anyway hun. xx

Some are good and some I don't like.

I certainly wouldn't be telling clients to book a regular manicure and then tell them later on down the page how to do it.

Lemon Juice???

Clients should be encouraged to use the professional products that YOU will sell them (Like Nail Brite) not telling them to soak in Lemon Juice.

I think some of the early suggestions are good, but the latter ones they should be coming to you to have done.

You should be diagnosing their problems in the salon and they should be coming to you to fix those problems.

I agree with you about the lemon juice and promoting something we can sell but in college I was told to tell clients about lemon juice too. Daft i know!
The aftercare leaflets also have to state how to do certain things like file the nails too.
:hug:

Hiya guys,

Thank you for your replies. :green:

Yes it was one of things we have to put on the leaflet about the lemon juice, :rolleyes: as clients may not be able to afford any of the products we may have on offer. There were a few tips that the college gave us to put on there, and we had to think of some more.

We were told to think clients may be able to afford a manicure, but not all of them will be able to buy the high quality aftercare products we would have on offer!

Thanks

D* xXx

I'm with Geeg here. I wouldn't be telling them even how to file their nails. I ask my clients to return if they need or want filing. The most I ask of my clients is to use their solar oil daily, wear gloves when needed, what to avoid to prevent damage and to return for regular maintenance. I would rather they return to me for filing. Imagine if they filed their nails and made them look crappy. These are your work and people may think you did it.
Also if they need protein treatments or any similar thing I encourage them to come to me for that, not do it themselves. My clients are happy for their nail care to be completely in my hands. That's what I am there for afterall.
Perhaps for the clients who cannot afford to purchase products, you could do a lemon juice soak for them instead of telling them how to do it. I find though that my clients who can afford regular nail treatments usually don't have a limited budget and they are happy to buy whatever I recommend.
I have other options for folk with a limited budget.

I'm with Geeg here. I wouldn't be telling them even how to file their nails. I ask my clients to return if they need or want filing. The most I ask of my clients is to use their solar oil daily, wear gloves when needed, what to avoid to prevent damage and to return for regular maintenance. I would rather they return to me for filing. Imagine if they filed their nails and made them look crappy. These are your work and people may think you did it.
Also if they need protein treatments or any similar thing I encourage them to come to me for that, not do it themselves. My clients are happy for their nail care to be completely in my hands. That's what I am there for afterall.
Perhaps for the clients who cannot afford to purchase products, you could do a lemon juice soak for them instead of telling them how to do it. I find though that my clients who can afford regular nail treatments usually don't have a limited budget and they are happy to buy whatever I recommend.
I have other options for folk with a limited budget.

I can understand why we would tell our clients how to file the nails because if they break one they need to know the correct way to file it. Otherwise you just find they bite it off or go at it like a mad woman with the file. Then our job is even harder when they come back.
I think college is really old fashioned in the way that they teach because this is not the correct way that you would be doing things like the lemon juice in industry and i find college is just teaching people everything back to front.
However she has done the right thing by putting this in her leaflet as this is what they want to hear. So we have to obide by the rules.
I always say its like taking your driving test. You drive how they want you to to pass then after you drive how you want.
I think it's the same kind of thing with beauty as i have to say every treatment i do is different to how i had learnt at college! :green:

I can understand why we would tell our clients how to file the nails because if they break one they need to know the correct way to file it. Otherwise you just find they bite it off or go at it like a mad woman with the file. Then our job is even harder when they come back.
I think college is really old fashioned in the way that they teach because this is not the correct way that you would be doing things like the lemon juice in industry and i find college is just teaching people everything back to front.
However she has done the right thing by putting this in her leaflet as this is what they want to hear. So we have to obide by the rules.
I always say its like taking your driving test. You drive how they want you to to pass then after you drive how you want.
I think it's the same kind of thing with beauty as i have to say every treatment i do is different to how i had learnt at college! :green:

Isn't it a shame though that colleges really are not doing their job? Their job is to prepare students to work in the industry ... at least that is what I thought they were supposed to be doing. And such antiquated methods. Everyone knows that with modern abrasives (that are no longer made with sandpaper :rolleyes: ) it is perfectly acceptable to file back and forth and not necessary to file in one direction only! That type of information simply is not current. Why can't they move with the times and keep up to date for goodness sake? Makes me so annoyed. It is rediculous that students need to be fed misinformation to pass a test and then just when they think that info is correct ... have to unlearn it to get the right information??? It makes no sense. Have they heard of revising their information and rewriting the standards? One of the most important things standards are supposed to be is CURRENT.

""""Have they heard of revising their information and rewriting the standards? One of the most important things standards are supposed to be is CURRENT.""""

Couldnt agree more Geeg on this. There seems to be alot of oldfashioned methods still taught in colleges.(I know I did my level 3 last year), I did have a few discussions with the lecturer about how times have changed etc...esp in my opinion where contra-indications are concerned...why not give an epileptic a massage! If they were that bad epileptic they would be on medication and ithey would know their triggers(my daughter has epileipsy).

I know I digress but I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, times have changed, products have changed and hopefully clients and therapists attitudes will change..........

Im rielled now:)

Latest posts

Back