Age for pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THair

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just wondering what everyones views were on the age to have kids i know there is never a right time because it just happens but so you think being young is bad ? Or being older is better.

I was 19 when I had my first and 21 when I had my second I was also married at 19. I don't think it really matters what age. Nothing is going to prepare you :) but you should think ALOT before making such a massive decision

I'm the same as the above 19 with first and 21 with my second , I don't think age really matters its up to the individual I'm happy with the age I had mine but some may say its too young x

I was 18 when we lost our first baby, then i had 6 months of fertility treatment shortly after which didn't work, then few years later we conceived naturally again & lost our second baby, along with both my fallopian tubes, we then had to have ivf to concieve, so 2 attempts at ivf, first was a missed miscarriage & second attempt i don't know if it's been successful yet, so I don't think age really matters. Whilst most young girls my age are out drinking & clubbing, we have been camping outside the fertility clinic for the last few years lol, personally I'm not into all the live your life first, id prefer a family x

I had my little boy the month after my 17th birthday and i'm now pregnant with my 2nd, i'll be 20 when this one is born. 3 years between them both :) xx

I wasn't interested when I was younger, 18-25 ish, just wasn't my scene but I'd quite happily have kids now (I'm 34 so should get a wiggle on). I think it's a very individual thing.

I'm 23 and desperate for kids! My partner wants to wait until he's back from afghan before we go for it, which is fair enough but I'm still finding it hard. Like others have said, it's very personal. Some of my friends already have kids, some think I'm mad for wanting them already!

I've experienced having a baby at different stages- teens, 20's and 30's . To me there has been no difference, in the way I felt emotionally, or how I coped afterwards, just the financial side, where i was more settled in my mid- late 20's. My first was born when I was 17, my youngest just 16 weeks ago at the age of 35 (I've just turned 36) .People had their opinion, when I became pregnant so young, and a lot of family turned there backs on me ( but that's a whole other thread), but having my children has made me a stronger woman, and I wouldn't change a thing. So to answer your question, there is no wrong or right age, it all depends on the individual, circumstances etc.

I was 16, 19, 26 and 37 when I had each of my children
My kids are now 24, 21, 15 and 4
My elder two have kids, they were 23, my granddaughter is now a year
And 19 when his (then 16) had their daughter, she's now two and they have another lil girl due in sept.

Age really is just a number tho. Its about you as an individual.
I was given grief with both my first and last pregnancies, told I was too young and then too old lol
My daughter in law had grief with her first pregnancy for her being too young, she was looked down on by her doctor and suggested she would be a crap mum (exact words) by her college tutor, all 3 of my parenting youngers are fantastic parents.

I say if the time is right for you then go for it, as long as you can unconditionally love, provide basic care and are prepaired for long hours and very often hard work then go for it, babies are a blessing and a joy

Hi Geeks

Just wondering what everyones views were on the age to have kids i know there is never a right time because it just happens but so you think being young is bad ? Or being older is better.

I think it all depends on your situation..
I've always been old before my time, you can never predict the future.

I was 19, in """love""" living in Australia away from all my family in the uk, fell pregnant with the bf of one year.... Then get dumped!

So looking back I definitely was too young, I was a single parent, and didn't have a pot to p*ss in.

However... I'm now 23 and due my second baby with a wonderful man, we've been working really hard this past year, to save for a house to buy, which hopefully will happen in the next year.

Things always have a way of working out. Age shouldn't matter.

:) x x

I don't want kids til I'm 25+ I want to do everything I want to do and be semi stable at least to have a child :) x

i was 27 when i had my daughter, I think its a shock to the system at any age! I waited as I wanted the stability of a good income and i was old fashioned in wanting to be married first :) my daughter is 3 this year, and my friends either had babies in their teens or don't have any yet in their late 20's and 30s! x

I was 18 when we lost our first baby, then i had 6 months of fertility treatment shortly after which didn't work, then few years later we conceived naturally again & lost our second baby, along with both my fallopian tubes, we then had to have ivf to concieve, so 2 attempts at ivf, first was a missed miscarriage & second attempt i don't know if it's been successful yet, so I don't think age really matters. Whilst most young girls my age are out drinking & clubbing, we have been camping outside the fertility clinic for the last few years lol, personally I'm not into all the live your life first, id prefer a family x

I really really hope it happens for you soon.

And CHarvey, I'm sure you were a good mum to the best if your abilities given the circumstances. So many people don't understand PND. My friend is suffering and my partner doesn't understand "what" she has to be depressed about! I try to explain to him it's not always about circumstances, it's about your hormones making you feel that way.
I think it's more accepted and recognised nowadays though!

I had my first at 30. I just hadn't met the right person up until then.
My boss was 40. She had to have IVF because she was going through early menopause. Attempt 5 was successful but she's miscarried since and just had last 2 eggs implanted and is having a threatened MC.

Age doesn't matter, but everyone's circumstances are different and everyone's preferences are different. I felt having my first at 30 (I'm now 31 and hope to have another in the next 2 yrs) was the right time for me.

I think the time should be right for the individual. Others will always have an opinion. You can never win - too old, too young, having no kids, having too many kids, having one child.... I knew I would not have kids young and I am a better mum because of it and really appreciate having him. Do what feels right for you but as you are asking I would suggest letting a bit more time go by. I did not have to consider if I wanted a baby when I fell pregnant, I knew it was right.

I was 20, 23 and 32 when I had my boys. If I had my time again I would do the same :) xx

I was 20 and 23 it's been hard work but so worth it. I have struggled with PND with my first child and its no walk in the park. I love my boys but didn't have a strong bond with my eldest until he was 18months plus. I felt terrible and blamed myself, now I am much better and enjoy my children now whereas before I didn't x

I've had 6 children. My 1st at 17,2nd at 18, 3rd at 22, 4th & 5th at 27 & my last at 33. I'm nearly 38 now & not having anymore.

I've had 6 children. My 1st at 17,2nd at 18, 3rd at 22, 4th & 5th at 27 & my last at 33. I'm nearly 38 now & not having anymore.

Lovely to have a large family. I have 9 children . I had my 1st at 17, 2nd at 19, 3rd at 24, 4th at 25, 5th at 26, 6th at 28, 7th at 30, 8th at 33 and 9th at 35. I've just turned 36, and there may just be room for 1 more :)

Lovely to have a large family. I have 9 children . I had my 1st at 17, 2nd at 19, 3rd at 24, 4th at 25, 5th at 26, 6th at 28, 7th at 30, 8th at 33 and 9th at 35. I've just turned 36, and there may just be room for 1 more :)

My god your must be a great woman ! Two is definitely enough for me x

Latest posts

Back