Ah But NSS Nails Stay Put

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:grr: :grr: :grr:

I was at a Virgin Vie party last night and one of the ladies there (another mum from school, who I had never spoken to before) was showing off her nails - so naturally I got chatting to her :green: .

She too goes to our local NSS salon. I have to make it clear that I was not at any point trying to convince her that she should be coming to me - ultimately, people will do what they want regardless of advice, there is no point in making someone defensive....
Anyway, she said that she knows how damaged her natural nails are (I didn't even bring that up!) but that doesnt bother her as she has no intention of taking them off, so you can't see the damage anyway!
By this point about six other women were listening to the conversation :lol:

She went onto say that what she loves about them is that they dont come off - ever! She said that she caught one of her nails so badly once that she thought her nail had been ripped off - but the enhancement was still there - she was just bleeding around the sidewall and hyponychium :Scared: she thought this was good? :eek: I explained that the products I use are actually designed to 'give' at a certain point so my clients can avoid permanent damage to their nail beds etc.

At that point, one of the ladies piped up - 'do you use those drill things?' obviously I said 'no, everything is done by hand and therefore your natural nails will not become damaged by any of my enhancement services'. And with that the origional lady looked interested - said that she doesnt like the drills as they hurt her. So we had a bit more of a chat ..... but when she realised that hand filing takes longer that drilling (duh!) she lost interest!!

People make me laugh!!

I got two bookings by the way - well worth the conversation

I got two bookings by the way - well worth the conversation

I'm glad that some people actually take notice. A lot just presume that you're just trying to poach their custom!

i know im gunna sound really stupid but...

what is a NSS salon??

ive been reading through this thread and im lost...haha

x.

Surely this should be a sign something is wrong, I saw a lady come out of an NSS (i was spying as usual) with really red, and some bleeding fingers around the cuticles I couldn't help but stop and comment that her fingers looked sore and why she had let them do that to her and she said - its the price you pay for LONG LASTING nails!!

I can totally see where you are coming from, some people don't seem to care about the damage been done to their nails UNDERNEATH after all - if they are out of sight, they are out of mind.
Now this is something I really don't get. SUely peeps want nails so there hands look nice, how can your hands look nice if the are red and bleeding?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back