All that blings is no longer only enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FingerNailFixer

Reaction score
So many people have been asking about this recently and it is so simple and cost effective (not having to buy pots and pots of coloured glitter gels) so thanks Holly, once again for your excellent little video.

For those wondering, Holly is mixing her glitter'paste' on the plastic back of a disposable Hands Down lint free pad which you can purchase from S2 08452106060 or Welcome - Sweet Squared .. again very cost effective way of doing things. Holly uses these handy little pads for many things to create different polish looks.

Although I know you love the bling. Holly, I think your nails look awesome with just the Shellac Fedora you have painted on them. SOOOOOOOOOOO classy. xx

Last edited:
I love your videos.

Great idea,.... so that means we can also use pigments, and have Shellac in any possible colour? x

No reason not to try it!

lol Gigi I do adore the Fedora straight ;)

I did this the other day and it looks great.

Oooh fantastic, cant wait to practice this! Must get me some of those pads too they will be handy for so many things!

I LOVE those pads, I use them all the time for a bit of everything lol. My fav thing about them is that they keep my fingers from being overexposed to acetone, ScrubFresh, isopropyl alcohol, and everything else!!

Just a little tip I can add to that.

Buy a white ceramic tile. A square tile like you would use for tiling your shower stall. It costs no more than $1.00 for the tile.

I use my tile for EVERYTHING.
For double loading my brush when painting with water based acrylic paints.
For showing a client what a colour looks like out of the bottle.
For mixing gels with glitter.
For practicing brush strokes for free-hand painted art
etc etc etc.

AND you can use acetone/alcohol/soap&water to wash all this stuff off without damaging the tile and it's like new again.

$1.00 for a million uses.
Money well spent :green:

Just a little tip I can add to that.

Buy a white ceramic tile. A square tile like you would use for tiling your shower stall. It costs no more than $1.00 for the tile.

I use my tile for EVERYTHING.
For double loading my brush when painting with water based acrylic paints.
For showing a client what a colour looks like out of the bottle.
For mixing gels with glitter.
For practicing brush strokes for free-hand painted art
etc etc etc.

AND you can use acetone/alcohol/soap&water to wash all this stuff off without damaging the tile and it's like new again.

$1.00 for a million uses.
Money well spent :green:

Fantastic tip about the tile!

I have a load of them hanging around from the Interior design course I did... now to dig them out !

Well I tried lol I have a glitter fade on one hand and a glitter blob on the other !!!!

Great idea, VHunter! And, no lint! :)

ah the tile is clever!! I wonder if it would travel well or break easily? the back of the pad I use is the one I ScrubFresh with anyway so he gave double duty before hitting the bin!

ah the tile is clever!! I wonder if it would travel well or break easily? the back of the pad I use is the one I ScrubFresh with anyway so he gave double duty before hitting the bin!

Wonder if you could do with small mosaic tiles when traveling??? I have seen some aprox. the same size as the pad... to small for salon maybe, but for you???

I have used a thicker glass tile (argh sorry hope you get what I mean, cannot find the right word) for a while, as it's see through I can practice painting etc. on top of it, with the design I wanna practice beneath...

Tried to rep you on this, but have rep'ed you on another thread so couldn't LOL xxx

Small glass tile would probably work great too, AS LONG AS IT'S THICK so it doesn't shatter if bumped. (you know, like when a lightbulb does, it's like dust and slivers?)

My table is glass top, and it's GREAT for cleaning. I can get paint or polish or acrylic on it and whoops a bit of acetone and glass cleaner and it's all sparkly clean again :)

Granted, the dust shows more than on a white table BUT if there's dust.. then you should be cleaning it more often, right? LOL

You can always glue cork backing to it, and/or along the sides/edges if you wanted to get fussy.
OR set it into a wooden square that you routered if you wanted to get really creative :)

Latest posts

Back