All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used brisa lite smoothing gel on my friend 2 days ago as she has weak nails at the moment and she has just text to tell me one nail has just peeled off.

I removed cuticle, scrub freshed
Brisa lite base coat, shook it applied it thinly capping edges , cured for 10 secs
Applied smoothing gel like polish capping edges, cured for 2 mins
Applied 2 coats of shellac , each cured for 2 mins
Applied shellac top coat, and cured.

As her nails are quite short I took particular attention to make sure I was capping the free edge.
I charged her an extra £5 for the smoothing gel ensuring her it would give her nails strength and make the shellac last longer and now it's peeled after 2 days.

She is coming round shortly for a repair so wondering why this has happened so I can try and explain to her and not put her off having the smoothing gel again.

Please help anyone x

One nail peeling off indicates something's clients been doing something to cause that. If it were a product issue then all fingers will have peeled.
These things are rarely down to product...if you have followed protocol and its one nail....then I'd be checking for signs of abuse/picking.
I've had mine on for a few days now and it's perfect...even after doing a few Shellacs and removals and scrubbing out my shower with neat bleach no gloves (I know!) Places were I normally see wear on my nails are still perfect.

My first Smoothing gel application was mixed results. Some lasted nearly 3 weeks and some didnt and peeled a bit at the free edge. I wore no gloves, and I used no Solar Oil (as a test) I also typed my little fingers off all day on here! lol

Well what I have learned (because it is still a small learning curve) ... the thinner application on some nails lasted better than the thicker application on others .. Sound Familiar?? Thin to win even with the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel.

My second attempt I am using Solar Oil daily, still not wearing gloves because I never do except for exceptionally filthy jobs ... went thinner with all coats ... not only do they look better, I know by the feel they are going to last better too. It's all a matter of learning and experience. The product is stronger and more retentive when thinner than when it is thicker. :Love:

Today i removed the Brisa Lite French application i did exactly 3 weeks ago on my aunt. SHe never were gloves, but uses Solar Oil every day , once before going to sleep ;-)
3 nails had minor damage.
We decided to soak it off, just for experience, and start all over again with a full rockstart this time.
I used Nourishing Remover and the Shellac Remover wraps. Packed the nails like little precious gifts (nice and tight) and set the timer on 30 minutes.
Well, i don't know where it went wrong, but i could only remove the sides, the middle stayed. So ik packed it again, new wraps, new Nourishing remover, 20 minutes extra: little difference, the middel of the nail was still covered with Brisa lite.
Then the instructor came with an ultrasonic bath, containing Nourishing remover. It took an extra 30 minutes before i could remove all Brisa Lite, the way i can Remove Shellac (after 10 minutes.)
Where did i go wrong?
The application was not thick (was sculpted) or old (3 weeks).... i'm clueless.

Today i removed the Brisa Lite French application i did exactly 3 weeks ago on my aunt. SHe never were gloves, but uses Solar Oil every day , once before going to sleep ;-)
We decided to soak it off, just for experience, and start all over again with a full rockstart this time.
I used Nourishing Remover and the Shellac Remover wraps. Packed the nails like little precious gifts (nice and tight) and set the timer on 30 minutes.
Well, i don't know where it went wrong, but i could only remove the sides, the middle stayed. So ik packed it again, new wraps, new Nourishing remover, 20 minutes extra: little difference, the middel of the nail was still covered with Brisa lite.
Then the instructor came with an ultrasonic bath, containing Nourishing remover. It took an extra 30 minutes before i could remove all Brisa Lite, the way i can Remove Shellac (after 10 minutes.)
Where did i go wrong?

Hi, Conny ... CND actually do not recommend to use the SHELLAC remover wraps for Brisa Lite. They recommend foil and cotton balls as they hold more remover than the Shellac Remover wraps, and when it takes 30 minutes you need to know the remover is not going to evaporate away. HTH

My first Smoothing gel application was mixed results. Some lasted nearly 3 weeks and some didnt and peeled a bit at the free edge. I wore no gloves, and I used no Solar Oil (as a test) I also typed my little fingers off all day on here! lol

Well what I have learned (because it is still a small learning curve) ... the thinner application on some nails lasted better than the thicker application on others .. Sound Familiar?? Thin to win even with the Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel.

My second attempt I am using Solar Oil daily, still not wearing gloves because I never do except for exceptionally filthy jobs ... went thinner with all coats ... not only do they look better, I know by the feel they are going to last better too. It's all a matter of learning and experience. The product is stronger and more retentive when thinner than when it is thicker. :Love:

That is interesting to know, thanks for sharing your results, I've repaired the nail now so see how it goes but all her over nails were totally fine, no signs of peeling, but I will be sure to apply thinly in future x

Sorry Geeg xxx

Where did i go wrong?

Did you file the apex down? I believe with the sculpting gel (as per the video instructions) that you need to file the structure down first before wrapping with cotton wool and foil. Use the foil shiny side in as that retains more heat too. hth x

Thank you, i made 2 major mistakes: using the Shellac Remover warps instead of cotton wool & foil + not filing down the structure before wrapping.
I did rockstars with Brisa Lite today (forgot 'again' to take a picture), so within 3 week i'll have another try at it.
By that time, we will be able to buy Brisa Lite in Belgium, now i'm still working with the samples supplied by the distributor :)

I've had two clients text me to say they have found their Shellac application with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel underneath has chipped and not lasted as long as their usual Shellac. I'm clueless I applied it thin both have week nails and one us dreadful for picking shellac off. Would appreciate any advise

Just had to share! :lol:

I finally had a chance to try the Brisa Lite Sculpting (french look)
Over the weekend I went to a local supplier to see Brisa Lite demo and I got 2 nails done. One french with Sculpting gel and one Smoothing with Shellac over it.

Tonight I just couldn't wait and I had to fiddle with the french myself :wink2:

I soaked off the enhancement done at the demo and I just lightly removed/buffed the top. Then I wrapped it for 20 min and Voila! The gel came off beautifully!
Couple days ago I did a simple overlay with Brisa Lite Sculpting Pink and that one came off in 17 min too!
Gigi, you were right!!!:hug:

I'm beyond impressed how this gel comes off. It crumbles off beautifully!

Today I tried the Sculpting gels and used White and Clear for the simple french look. The finished result is not perfect- I grabbed the kit from the salon but I forgot my regular brush and I worked with a very bad lighting on the kitchen table :wink2:

The Base applied like a dream, but I was wondering if the white is gonna become runny on top of it. Nope!
The White gel is a pure heaven. I haven't worked with a better white in my whole entire life as a nail tech! I'm begging CND NOT TO CHANGE IT PLEASE!!
It's stiff so the smile line is perfect, I mean it looks like a L&P. I almost feel like competing (LOL, kidding!)
I then applied the clear gel- another absolutely beautiful gel. Cured and now time to file :Scared:
This gel files like a classic gel :Love: No rubbery feel. Amazed- again.
The white didn't get patchy after I filed it

The Gloss (has to be shaken really well BTW) went on easily. I didn't get any shrinking at all.

The nail feels quite strong and not rubbery like other SOGs

If this stuff lasts 3 weeks... ladies and gentlemen, we have a miracle on our hands (literally!!)
"Classic gel" that is removable (easily!) and no filing of the natural nails? An answer to our prayers! (And CND deserves a medal for this invention!!)

My plan is to soak off frenches every appointment (I'll just book the clients before I'm finished with my previous client) and rebalance the pink (just pink or clear)- that takes no time to file.
I'm so switching everyone to this! Well, my gel clients :Love:

I've had two clients text me to say they have found their Shellac application with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel underneath has chipped and not lasted as long as their usual Shellac. I'm clueless I applied it thin both have week nails and one is dreadful for picking Shellac off. Would appreciate any advise

I hope that all you lovely technicians are not going down the same road many did with Shellac ... Making promises that you shouldn't be to clients who are pickers or who have the wrong nail condition for the gel you have chosen??

Clients hate change and usually use it as an excuse for whatever they have done. It's hard to introduce something new. Some have way too high expectations and look for trouble. Some 'throw the book" at their new product to 'test' it to the limit. I would just say, "let me try something on one or two of your nails this time and lets see how we go"? Don't tell them anything else so they don't expect anything. It's a learning curve for you both.

Everyone is going to have the odd problems to start, with some clients .. Either because of application or clients or wrong choices ... Amazing how a class seems to sort all these things out. :)

Remember, Natural nails that are in a healthy condition but may just be ridged or delaminating going on, BL Smoothing gel adds a smooth finish and the strength the nails are missing.

For nails in poor condition or very thinned and flexible, you would be better to use the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel.

You MUST build it. Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape.

I want everyone who sees this to remember it: Brisa and Brisa LITE Sculpting gels are for ENHANCEMENTS. they are for the downtrodden, sad, need-a-makeover nails.

Brisa Lite SMOOTHING gel is a booster for CND Shellac. It adds extra durability to Shellac, and perfects the nail surface on those that are slightly challenged. It goes on in one thin, even layer.

I hope this helps :)
You MUST build it. Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape.

I want everyone who sees this to remember it: Brisa and Brisa LITE Sculpting gels are for ENHANCEMENTS. they are for the downtrodden, sad, need-a-makeover nails.

Brisa Lite SMOOTHING gel is a booster for CND Shellac. It adds extra durability to Shellac, and perfects the nail surface on those that are slightly challenged. It goes on in one thin, even layer.

I hope this helps :)You MUST build it. Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape.

I hope this helps :)You MUST build it. Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape.

I hope this helps :). Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape. You MUST build it.

I want everyone who sees this to remember it: Brisa and Brisa Lite SCULPTING gels are for ENHANCEMENTS. They are for the downtrodden, sad, need-a-makeover nails.

Last edited:
[/B]

I hope that all you lovely technicians are not going down the same road many did with Shellac ... Making promises that you shouldn't be to clients who are pickers or who have the wrong nail condition for the gel you have chosen??

Clients hate change and usually use it as an excuse for whatever they have done. It's hard to introduce something new. Some have way too high expectations and look for trouble. Some 'throw the book" at their new product to 'test' it to the limit. I would just say, "let me try something on one or two of your nails this time and lets see how we go"? Don't tell them anything else so they don't expect anything. It's a learning curve for you both.

Everyone is going to have the odd problems to start, with some clients .. Either because of application or clients or wrong choices ... Amazing how a class seems to sort all these things out. :)

Gigi I don't think I have made promises that I can't keep Hun,both of these clients normally wear Shellac but it only tends to last on them for about 10 days, so we together decided to try bl free of charge to see if it made a difference. i thought maybe wrongly that these were exactly the type of clients that bl smoothing gel had been designed for to power partner the Shellac and give longevity?

Last edited:
Sorry need to revisit this. Normally with both of these two ladies their Shellac after 10 days starts to come away from the free edge, one leaves it alone one picks the whole thing off. I was under the impression that by putting a thin layer of Brisa lite underneath it would help clients who need a bit of extra help with Shellac for it to last both have text within a couple of days to say they have chipping. Have I misunderstood or am I using the wrong product or using the product incorrectly. I'm questioning myself big time now.

Last edited:
I'm questioning myself big time now.

I'm by no means proficient in Brisa Lite yet, but spookily am in exactly the same position as you with 2 clients too. I too was beginning to doubt my skills and understanding having been disappointed with my first outings with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, however, reading back through this thread several times I keep learning something new each time and this from Geeg is striking home for me:-

[/B]
For nails in poor condition or very thinned and flexible, you would be better to use the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel.

I think I need to move these two clients to Sculpting Gel not Smoothing Gel, on further consideration, they always lose their Shellac at the free edge on the same nails, that has got to be their intervention, not my skill :!:

I'm moving towards a mix of systems on these client, Smoothing Gel on the nails that just need some love, Sculpting Gel on those pesky peelers (usually forefingers and middle - co-incidence? I think not :lol:)

I'm sure Geeg or WeeFee will be along soon to help out too, but don't be so hard on yourself :hug:

Just to add to the mix which may help. My nails are in awful condition due to very poor health, plus I admit I've pulled off my enhancements before now :/

Anyway, I've been experimenting with BL smoothing and sculpting gel on my weak, thin, damaged nails with shellac colour over the top. On some of the nails with smoothing gel they are starting to peel at the free edge (been on 10 days now). On the nails with sculpting gel they are perfect. Hence sculpting gel really is the one we should use on weak, thin nails. I think the problem's are starting to emerge as there is nothing to refer to really when assessing nails as to which gel is required (I got shouted at for saying this the other day though, so will probably get shouted at again now!). I know Geeg mentioned there will be an informational tool launched at the event which will aid assessment of which gel to use which I'm sure will be a help to many. At the moment as everything's so new it's gonna be trial and error I think but my little experiment has helped anyway x

all my brisa lite nails have pedaled clean off, so is one of my clients :-( used shellac lamp and shellac on top of brisa lite.this never happened with brisa hard gel
help please
xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

forget to mention I used the sculpting gel
:hugs:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just to add to the mix which may help. My nails are in awful condition due to very poor health, plus I admit I've pulled off my enhancements before now :/

Anyway, I've been experimenting with BL smoothing and sculpting gel on my weak, thin, damaged nails with shellac colour over the top. On some of the nails with smoothing gel they are starting to peel at the free edge (been on 10 days now). On the nails with sculpting gel they are perfect. Hence sculpting gel really is the one we should use on weak, thin nails. I think the problem's are starting to emerge as there is nothing to refer to really when assessing nails as to which gel is required (I got shouted at for saying this the other day though, so will probably get shouted at again now!). I know Geeg mentioned there will be an informational tool launched at the event which will aid assessment of which gel to use which I'm sure will be a help to many. At the moment as everything's so new it's gonna be trial and error I think but my little experiment has helped anyway x

There is plenty to refer to right here on Salongeek.com and to make sure there was plenty to refer to I have spent 2 weeks almost all day on here monitory the special threads on the subject of Brisa Lite and answering questions. There is probably more information here now than on the 'tool' which will be available after the EVENT. Much more. It just helps people more if they read it with understanding. ;)

Working with clients for the perfect solution is always trial and error, nothing new there. One shoe does not fit all and experience along with a good knowledge base of the products will see everyone eventually making the right choices. How to make those choices has been explained many times not sure how to say it any other way.

Remember, Natural nails that are in a healthy condition but may just be ridged or delaminating going on, it adds a smooth finish and the strength the nails are missing.

It doesn't get much more simple as a starting point than that.

PS Using capitals for emphasis is not shouting. :lol:

There is plenty to refer to right here on Salongeek.com and to make sure there was plenty to refer to I have spent 2 weeks almost all day on here monitory the special threads on the subject of Brisa Lite and answering questions. There is probably more information here now than on the 'tool' which will be available after the EVENT. Much more. It just helps people more if they read it with understanding. ;)

Working with clients for the perfect solution is always trial and error, nothing new there. One shoe does not fit all and experience along with a good knowledge base of the products will see everyone eventually making the right choices. How to make those choices has been explained many times not sure how to say it any other way.

It doesn't get much more simple as a starting point than that.

PS Using capitals for emphasis is not shouting. :lol:

Ok I'm going to try sculpting gel on these two. And see how that goes. Will let you all know

Latest posts

Back