All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone... I did my brisa lite smoothing gel with shellac on Saturday and my own nail broke underneath on my middle finger but the shellac never lifted as it normally would.. So I was able to file it and save it! Phew! THEN I noticed a chip on my thumb on the same hand, my nail is fine but there is a tiny chip. Do you think it would be ok to try 2 thin layers of smoothing gel the next time or do you think I need extra strength and will have to go with the sculpting gel?

I have a few clients the same as me who are really hard on their nails. I would need to book the course for this as I am not trained in gel.. Only shellac and L&P which I have no call for. All my clients want is shellac I never get asked for enhancements so I'm kind of reluctant to spend a lot on training for gel if you see what I mean? Would 2 coats be enough? Thanks in advance x

Hi everyone... I did my brisa lite smoothing gel with shellac on Saturday and my own nail broke underneath on my middle finger but the shellac never lifted as it normally would.. So I was able to file it and save it! Phew! THEN I noticed a chip on my thumb on the same hand, my nail is fine but there is a tiny chip. Do you think it would be ok to try 2 thin layers of smoothing gel the next time or do you think I need extra strength and will have to go with the sculpting gel?

I have a few clients the same as me who are really hard on their nails. I would need to book the course for this as I am not trained in gel.. Only shellac and L&P which I have no call for. All my clients want is shellac I never get asked for enhancements so I'm kind of reluctant to spend a lot on training for gel if you see what I mean? Would 2 coats be enough? Thanks in advance x

All you can do it to try it and see.

Ladies, did we really think we were going to buy into a new system and use it perfectly straight away?? It is always trial and error which for me should be tried out on ourselves first so that we feel confident with a product before applying it to clients...that way if and when they do have problems we feel we can explain what happened better.

As these are new products out and we may not be sure how thin the application should be, what nails to apply to etc we should be thinking about booking on some training to iron out all these minor but niggly problems.

Dont get down hearted just work through problems until you find answers xx

Ladies, did we really think we were going to buy into a new system and use it perfectly straight away?? It is always trial and error which for me should be tried out on ourselves first so that we feel confident with a product before applying it to clients...that way if and when they do have problems we feel we can explain what happened better.

As these are new products out and we may not be sure how thin the application should be, what nails to apply to etc we should be thinking about booking on some training to iron out all these minor but niggly problems.

Dont get down hearted just work through problems until you find answers xx

I so agree with you Souz I think it takes a good month to become familiar with new products like Brisa Lite, god knows its taken me 2 bloody years to get used to L+P and I still have off days. I have to confess the smoothing gel is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

Whilst here perhaps I could ask a question about smoothing gel and Minx. Ive always wanted to try Minx but have been put off by the fact that I dont do many pedicures at all. Has anyone tried Minx with smoothing gel and do they last longer and also could I sandwich Minx between a layer of smoothing gel with the Brisa Lite top coat on top. I was wondering if this would give someone much longer lasting results on fingers. xxxx

I can confirm that SweetSquared advised it was fine to use Brisa Lite topcoat over Minx for fingers.

Smoothing, used on around 6 clients and so far so good apart frm one who is saying its chipped but Ill take that with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

Sculpting, gave into temptation and bout a clear pot to have a wee play. I LOVE IT! I literally just had to give them a quick going over with the koala then s boomerang to smooth. My question, sculpted nail in clear then I mixed a little of the gel with antique bronze and gave then a thin coating to hide old gel that was lurking, cured then used shellac to create the smile line. so, should I have i used brisa t/c or shellac t/c to finish the enhancement? :Scared:

My question, sculpted nail in clear then I mixed a little of the gel with antique bronze and gave then a thin coating to hide old gel that was lurking, cured then used shellac to create the smile line. so, should I have i used brisa t/c or shellac t/c to finish the enhancement? :Scared:

You used Shellac on the Brisa lite, so you have to use the Shellac t/c according to CND

You used Shellac on the Brisa lite, so you have to use the Shellac t/c according to CND

even though 3/4 of the nail was gel and only the tip/smile line being Shellac :confused:
maybe I should have used clearly pink over the whole lot or am i just over thinking things??? LOL....

incase anyone was wondering (!) Brisa lite top coat will bubble on contact with brake fluid!! Thanks to my lovely hubby for finding that out and ruining his MANicure* lol!

(*brisa lite smoothing buffed to a matt finish)

Ok I got one of them in today, all of her nails feel rubbery and are discoloured with a black tinge! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361309233.717876.jpg
She's had her hands in something because her shellac on thinking about this was the same last time! I've applied sculpting gel and strawberry smoothie and told her to make a note of absolutely everything her hands come into contact with,. Will keep you updated

I can confirm that SweetSquared advised it was fine to use Brisa Lite topcoat over Minx for fingers.

Thank you hmm perhaps something else for me to invest in lol xxx

Ok I got one of them in today, all of her nails feel rubbery and are discoloured with a black tinge!View attachment 28685
She's had her hands in something because her shellac on thinking about this was the same last time! I've applied sculpting gel and strawberry smoothie and told her to make a note of absolutely everything her hands come into contact with,. Will keep you updated

It shouldn't feel rubbery, if it does then it is something your client is doing, hence all the problems, one theory could be that she has probably put a really cheap hard to get off polish on over the top for the weekend and used a polish remover with a high level of acetone in it.
Because we remove the product with acetone it would leave the top feeling rubbery if left in contact for too long.
The staining could also be caused by hair dye, clothing dye etc, BUT....it doesn't sound like anything that you have done Hunni xoxox
Jen

Thanks Jen! You're a star as usual! You're not my fav educator for no reason! Hopefully now she's aware that its her fault she might find the culprit. She is an art student and works in a bar I'm fairly certain the cause lies in one of them places!

How are you all building the central apex with clear sculpting gel? I'm used to NSI hard gel which uses the log technique to build the centre structure but the difference in texture with BL sculpting gel makes this technique redundant. How are you all building?
Thanks x
Ps I am going to take a class but my local EA only offers natural nails and is not doing a sculpting class so I am trying to find alternative EA's.

Thanks Jen! You're a star as usual! You're not my fav educator for no reason! Hopefully now she's aware that its her fault she might find the culprit. She is an art student and works in a bar I'm fairly certain the cause lies in one of them places!

Mmmmmmm turps and white spirit spring to mind then that would explain a lot, solvents like that would cause those problems, she really needs to keep her nails and hands out of it.
Maybe she needs to move over to hard Brisa which wouldn't be as affected.
And thanks sweetie xoxox
Jen

How are you all building the central apex with clear sculpting gel? I'm used to NSI hard gel which uses the log technique to build the centre structure but the difference in texture with BL sculpting gel makes this technique redundant. How are you all building?
Thanks x
Ps I am going to take a class but my local EA only offers natural nails and is not doing a sculpting class so I am trying to find alternative EA's.

I'm using the same technique with my Brisa lite sculpting gel. I'm not sure if this is right but it seems to work for me.

I found that when I tried to feather it out to the sidewalls I was getting loads of air bubbles so I was obviously overworking the gel. Hmmm think I should try when I'm not knackered and reading SG at the same time on my phone lol x

Thanks x

I struggled at first too because I'm used to NSI Balance... But I've been loading it onto the nail, spreading using the brush like a paddle and coaxing it over the whole nail, then using the string technique to build my apex (touching the brush into one area and stringing it across to build one area). It builds very nicely then settles smooth - beautiful! I find it easier than NSI.

Xxx

That's interesting. Ill try that. So are you stringing across? as opposed to log building downwards? Sorry for my very untechnical description :/

Also are you applying 1 layer or 2 of sculpting gel? I only did 1 layer tonight but now I'm thinking I should've done 2.......

Thanks ever so much for your help x

Latest posts

Back