All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx Geeg 😊

I thought as much! Would it be ok to adjust the Shellac aftercare leaflet by putting in Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel instead of Shellac & 3 weeks instead of 2?? Or would it be safer just explaining the aftercare on its own?

Thanx :)

I would just add the Smoothing gel in to the same aftercare sheet but it's up to you. I never quote a wear time in my aftercare. It states pretty carefully that the product will last well for the wearer depending upon how well the client looks after her nails.

I would just add the Smoothing gel in to the same aftercare sheet but it's up to you. I never quote a wear time in my aftercare. It states pretty carefully that the product will last well for the wearer depending upon how well the client looks after her nails.

Great thanks very much , I'll leave the wear time out!! :)

Brisa lite sculpting gel query

Ok I have done 3 sets of extensions with brisa lite. I like the way it removes.

But... I had a set today where 3 tips came off within 4 hours of application.

It just broke at the tip ... I have redone and strengthened the apex more, but it was the way it came off. It was like glue hasn't even been used ....

So should I buff the nail first if I am applying a tip ? I thought I didn't need to buff with Brisa Lite
I am doing pep, use the CND lamps, am trained in regular brisa and am used to that.
It was a CND tip and gel bond was used

What tips can you give me please ?

Brisa lite sculpting gel query

Ok I have done 3 sets of extensions with brisa lite. I like the way it removes.

But... I had a set today where 3 tips came off within 4 hours of application.

It just broke at the tip ... I have redone and strengthened the apex more, but it was the way it came off. It was like glue hasn't even been used ....

So should I buff the nail first if I am applying a tip ? I thought I didn't need to buff with Brisa Lite
I am doing pep, use the CND lamps, am trained in regular brisa and am used to that.
It was a CND tip and gel bond was used

What tips can you give me please ?

Build your apex stronger. That is the only tip. The nails broke because they were not built strong enough. You do not need to buff the natural nail to apply a tip.

I applied BL smoothing to one of my ladies 2 weeks ago. She came back in today for re-shellac & on one hand (left) the ring finger & little finger had a bubble (lifted) in it? When I applied it originally I pep'ed as normal etc... She did have L&P a few months ago, & has a white patch where the bubbles were. She uses Solar Oil & I gave her another pinkie today. Why would this happen? Is it purely dehydration? Or have I done something wrong? I will be training with Pamela on 11th but would like to know?!

I applied BL smoothing to one of my ladies 2 weeks ago. She came back in today for re-shellac & on one hand (left) the ring finger & little finger had a bubble (lifted) in it? When I applied it originally I pep'ed as normal etc... She did have L&P a few months ago, & has a white patch where the bubbles were. She uses Solar Oil & I gave her another pinkie today. Why would this happen? Is it purely dehydration? Or have I done something wrong? I will be training with Pamela on 11th but would like to know?!

I wouldn't stress over it. Let her nails get used to it.

I have a Shellac client who always comes bk after 2/3 weeks with her index fingers chipped, she has de-lamination on those fingers so I was hoping the smoothing gel would sort that out. Just over one week of doing smoothing and shellac she text to say the shellac had chipped on one finger, I asked her to pop in so I could take a look but the next day she said her nail had also now broke so just filled it down a little. yesterday she asked if I could just soak them off because the other index finger had chipped and couldnt afford to get them all re-done. I told her to pop by and i would fix the two chipped fingers so she could get another week out her manicure. So, why hasnt the smoothing gel resolved the de-lamination issue. She looks after her nails, they are in good condition and strong.

im wondering whether to even bother with the smoothing gel as it hasnt really helped?

This may be a dumb question... But is the pink in the BL sculpting gel pink enough to be able to extend the nail bed? If so, would you cut the free edge very short, then extend your nail bed and then sculpt your white, or you would be ok to leave a bit of length to the free edge and the pink would be enough to camouflage the free edge underneath?

Sorry if I've not explained myself properly :-/

Also, does anyone on here use 'pinchers' to create a nice c curve when using brisa lite?

XxX

Last edited:
I should have added that I applied two very thin coats.

This may be a dumb question... But is the pink in the BL sculpting gel pink enough to be able to extend the nail bed? If so, would you cut the free edge very short, then extend your nail bed and then sculpt your white, or you would be ok to leave a bit of length to the free edge and the pink would be enough to camouflage the free edge underneath?

Sorry if I've not explained myself properly :-/

Also, does anyone on here use 'pinchers' to create a nice c curve when using brisa lite?

XxX

Ignore.... I've watched the video and answered this for myself :) lol x

I should have added that I applied two very thin coats.

I would try her with just the one very thin coat. It's surprisingly robust - doing 2 thin coats isn't part of the 'system' so if it didn't work for her try the one? That's not to say 2 wouldn't work for someone else, it's just trial and error xx

Could you theoretically do a Brisa Lite smoothing gel natural nail service, so finish with BL top coat then if required the following day add a shellac colour coat and Shelac top coat? Or would the Shelac peel off?

i would say yes as with any other gel service that you can finish and then shellac over...i would lightly buff and then go straight on with colour coats and top coat x

Hi Geeg, just a little confused after watching the sculpting gel video, once they have used the cool blue to help sculpt the tip is it then not eventually sealed in with the top coat. After the hand comes out of the lamp it says 'do not remove the top layer' but surely that would mean that cool blue was still on the tip?

I may have this completely confused so please excuse my ignorance if so.

Also on the sculpting video it says apply scrubfresh after you have applied the tip to help with tip adhesion, should this not be before as would scrubfresh not degrade the tip in some way due to the acetone?

I would try her with just the one very thin coat. It's surprisingly robust - doing 2 thin coats isn't part of the 'system' so if it didn't work for her try the one? That's not to say 2 wouldn't work for someone else, it's just trial and error xx

Aw... ok :hug:
has other ppl had problems with two thin coats - could i be making the coats too thin?

HELP! thats another lady just message me to say two have chipped, they were only done on Friday???

On rebalancing a set of pink and whites in the past I would have used the paint on white to redo the smile line, what do I do for a rebalance with brisa lite ?
Thanks

Shellac debbie..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi Geeg, just a little confused after watching the sculpting gel video, once they have used the cool blue to help sculpt the tip is it then not eventually sealed in with the top coat. After the hand comes out of the lamp it says 'do not remove the top layer' but surely that would mean that cool blue was still on the tip?

I may have this completely confused so please excuse my ignorance if so.

Also on the sculpting video it says apply scrubfresh after you have applied the tip to help with tip adhesion, should this not be before as would scrubfresh not degrade the tip in some way due to the acetone?

if you dehydrate the nail plate before tip application the tip may not adhere properly. That is why we apply tip and then scrubfresh the nail plate only xx

Latest posts

Back