All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will there be a brisa lite sculpting course? Will we learn how to use forms on this or is it mainly product knowledge?

Also, at the moment I don't know how to sculpt by using forms. If I want to do a white tip am I right in thinking one would use a clear tip? What stage would I apply the white smile one? ( if I use bl white rather than dong it in shellac) .

BRISA LITE REMOVABLE SMOOTHING GEL - Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Step-by-Steps - YouTube

BRISA LITE REMOVEABLE SCULPTING GEL - CND Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting Gel in Minutes - YouTube

BRISA LITE REMOVAL - Brisa Lite Removal Animation - YouTube

Hi Geeg,

I have a wee question I wanted to check as you have said here (and was told on demo day at fingertips centre) to apply shellac top coat after shellac colour but in the work book it says to apply the brisa lite top coat is it just a printing error?

Many Thanks Sarah xx

It most definitely will be the answer to some of your clients dreams (and all of mine). The Brisa Brisa Lite Removable SMOOTHING gel is designed to smooth the surface of rough, ridged or damaged nails ..... so it goes on the surface first.

If using with Shellac, You would apply the Brisa Lite Base coat and follow with a layer of the the Brisa lite Smoothing gel. Then two coats of Shellac colour and finish with Shellac Top Coat. Couldn't be easier. It takes 15 minutes to remove.

Why not read through this thread as you question was already answered previously and you must have missed lots of other questions you will want to know the answers to.

To be honest, I can hardly keep up with the new questions never mind answering all the old questions again for those who haven't read through the thread .. so please .. HELP ME. :hug:

Last edited:
Hi Geeg,

I have a wee question I wanted to check as you have said here (and was told on demo day at fingertips centre) to apply shellac top coat after shellac colour but in the work book it says to apply the brisa lite top coat is it just a printing error?

Many Thanks Sarah xx

Yes

Arghhhh I made a booboo! I forgot to buy d-sperse at pro beauty :( so when using the BL Scultping - can I use my Gelish cleanser instead of D-Sperse until I get some? XxxX

Arghhhh I made a booboo! I forgot to buy d-sperse at pro beauty :( so when using the BL Scultping - can I use my Gelish cleanser instead of D-Sperse until I get some? XxxX
I don't know what is in that product, but if it is predominantly IPA then yes you could.

I don't know what is in that product, but if it is predominantly IPA then yes you could.

I will double check the ingredients before using it, but I'm pretty sure it is, as it's used the same way as D-Sperse! Grrrr I could kick myself!!! Lol

Thanks Gigi :)
XxX

Hello,
i´m new here in this Forum. I´m from Germany, so sorry for my bad english. ;)
I´ve tried to reed all the posts for BL, but I´ve still a question:
Has anyone tried to hold the Fingers warm while soaking off? I know from Acrylics that the soak off process will be faster when holding the fingers warm. So, what about the BL?

Hello,
i´m new here in this Forum. I´m from Germany, so sorry for my bad english. ;)
I´ve tried to reed all the posts for BL, but I´ve still a question:
Has anyone tried to hold the Fingers warm while soaking off? I know from Acrylics that the soak off process will be faster when holding the fingers warm. So, what about the BL?

Hello Katja and welcome to salonGeek.com.
The answer is, that any removal will be faster when you add heat to the process. If you wish to do that, and you are used to doing that, then that is fine (although Shellac removal is fast anyway at 10 minutes).

It might be useful to add heat when removing Brisa Lite Sculpting gel as the normal time for removal is 30 minutes without heat. Always remove the product with some careful filing on the thickest part of the nails and then you can remove the rest by wrapping (with the heat if you want to).

Thank you so much!:D
Is it also right, that I don´t need to buff the natural nail before using Tips? Will the Tip still stick to the nail without buffing or filing?
I will try to hold the hands warm, I´ve bought some heated mitten. I am so curious. I can´t find nailtechnicans in germany who used the new BL System. :sad:
I´m glad to found this forum here.

Thank you so much!:D
Is it also right, that I don´t need to buff the natural nail before using Tips? Will the Tip still stick to the nail without buffing or filing?
I will try to hold the hands warm, I´ve bought some heated mitten. I am so curious. I can´t find nailtechnicans in germany who used the new BL System. :sad:
I´m glad to found this forum here.

Correct ... no nail buffing. Tips don't need to have a buffed nail to stick to (the never have) they just need a clean nail to stick to.

Brisa Lite gels were only just released on the world market a few weeks ago ... It doesn't surprise me if you haven't yet seen them in Germany BUT they will soon be available never fear. If you need any help in the meantime, we will be glad to assist you.

And here comes my first problem. One client called and told me that all nails are liftet. :eek:
I´ve never had such problems before by using "normal" Brisa Gel with the PREP Steps. Is it possible that I have not removed all the cuticula? I have no other explenation for. I follwed these steps:
- Using cool blue
- Using the cuticula remover and push back with a propusher
- Using the curette and washed the clients hands with water and soap
- Using Scrub Fresh
- then I´ve used the BL Sculpting System as explained in the manual and at the course

The client has a thyroid problem and takes a hormone (L-Thyroxin). I'm considering to use a e-file to be sure to remove all the cuticle. :?:

The client comes tomorrow and I don´t know what to do.

katya, did you use scrubfresh to remove inhibition layer as you do with normal Brisa?

I like to work wet in wet. So I´ve done also with BL. I removed the sticky layer only before filing the nail in form, so it was told to us at the BL training. I removed the sticky layer with IPA, so they told us from CND. Do you learned it in a other way?

Hi Geeg, remember we've talked abt gel with dual form? I tested it with the sculpturing gel today, it works. Since the gel is very stable it could hold the form on my nail and I just press the form near my lamp for 5 second to avoid bubbles, it just can stay there afterwards! And I don't need to file the nail at all :)

I uploaded some pictures. Do u assume if I keep practicing with brisa lite sculpturing gel with the dual form ,it could speed up a lot?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361950498.142269.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361950498.142269.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 293
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361950655.591011.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361950655.591011.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Hi Geek, remember we've talked abt gel with dual form? I tested it with the sculpturing gel today, it works. Since the gel is very stable it could hold the form on my nail and I just press the form near my lamp for 5 second to avoid bubbles, it just can stay there afterwards! And I don't need to file the nail at all :)

I uploaded some pictures. Do u assume if I keep practicing with brisa lite sculpturing gel with the dual form ,it could speed up a lot?

Hi Ferres ... looks like you are having fun experimenting with the Sculpting gel. The most important factor to consider is achieving a complete cure. If the product is applied to thickly then that is a real concern.

Tell me, is there a reason why you do not make your nails by hand? Brisa Lite is so easy to apply and manipulate that I think you would do your nails much quicker by hand AND I think they would look finer, sleeker and much prettier that the forms make them. Perhaps you could answer me by private message so we do not clog up this thread with chit chat? :hug:

I took off my acrylic nails a couple weeks ago to try the BL systems. The Smoothing Gel wasn't quite strong enough for my weak nails so I tried the Sculpting Gel. The problem I'm having is lifting on only the "fresh" non filed part of my nail. Its sticking great to where my nails were previously filed from the acrylics but I'm getting lifting all around the cuticle and I know my PEP is being done correctly. I'm wondering why its only lifting on the non filed nail? Is anyone else having this problem with the sculpting gel?

I took off my acrylic nails a couple weeks ago to try the BL systems. The Smoothing Gel wasn't quite strong enough for my weak nails so I tried the Sculpting Gel. The problem I'm having is lifting on only the "fresh" non filed part of my nail. Its sticking great to where my nails were previously filed from the acrylics but I'm getting lifting all around the cuticle and I know my PEP is being done correctly. I'm wondering why its only lifting on the non filed nail? Is anyone else having this problem with the sculpting gel?
Use your Cuticle Away and really scrub with that Scrub Fresh including underneath the nail.

Use your Cuticle Away and really scrub with that Scrub Fresh including underneath the nail.

I did both of those things. I know my PEP was on point because I wanted to make sure I did everything right. I was careful and thorough each step. Why would I still have lifting?

I like to work wet in wet. So I´ve done also with BL. I removed the sticky layer only before filing the nail in form, so it was told to us at the BL training. I removed the sticky layer with IPA, so they told us from CND. Do you learned it in a other way?

no hun im havent been taught differently, i just wondered if you had used scrubfresh by mistake that was all xx

I did both of those things. I know my PEP was on point because I wanted to make sure I did everything right. I was careful and thorough each step. Why would I still have lifting?

Some times ex acrylic users have nails that have to get used to another product .. persevere again ... My own nails were better the 2nd time I did them.

Latest posts

Back