All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question (sorry if it's already been asked I did have a quick search and couldn't find it - gonna sit down and have a cuppa tomorrow when I have more time and read the whole thread again) ... Should you shake the BL base and top coat before using them? X

Quick question (sorry if it's already been asked I did have a quick search and couldn't find it - gonna sit down and have a cuppa tomorrow when I have more time and read the whole thread again) ... Should you shake the BL base and top coat before using them? X

Yes :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yes :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thought so thanks :) thought I'd double check as I use Gelish and you MUST NOT shake that, so thought i'd made a boo boo lol xxx

Hiya, I Was trying out my smoothing gel on a friend earlier for the first time and after a few nails my base coat brush hardened. The sun was shining through our shop window (well like a 5min burst of sunshine) could it have been that? (My desk is facing the window as the shop is very small)
The only other light on was my desk lamp. :s
How can I rectify the base coat brush without contaminating my bottle?
Probably a stupid question I know lol
Thanks
Sam xx

Hiya, I Was trying out my smoothing gel on a friend earlier for the first time and after a few nails my base coat brush hardened. The sun was shining through our shop window (well like a 5min burst of sunshine) could it have been that? (My desk is facing the window as the shop is very small)
The only other light on was my desk lamp. :s
How can I rectify the base coat brush without contaminating my bottle?
Probably a stupid question I know lol
Thanks
Sam xx
I would clean the brush from the bottle in acetone, wipe it nearly dry. Let any remaining acetone evaporate and then return the brush to the bottle. In the meantime make sure your bottle is covered so the solvents do not evaporate from it ( small piece of tinfoil will do the trick if you have no spare cap).

I have a client tomorrow who is having a sculpting gel nno with shellac French. My problem is that she doesn't like a pink base and has always had just clear. I tried clearly pink last time and even that was too pink for her. I don't yet have white sculpting gel. Can I refine clear sculpting gel and use shellac base, cream puff and then shellac top coat? Any ideas?

I did my own nails tonight with the Brisa lite sculpting gel with Shellac "Tutti Frutti" with "Gold VIP status" & New "Sea Glass" additives.

I'm not great with gels that's why Im going on the Brisa lite sculpting course as soon as the dates are available.

I got heat spike initially when I put my hand in the lamp! Then it calmed down. Could it be because I put too much gel on?

Also a question can you you do thin layers of the Brisa lite to build it up?

Didn't get the stress area correct.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008348.574887.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008348.574887.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 268
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008371.038097.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008371.038097.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 287
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008417.553905.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362008417.553905.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 303
I did my own nails tonight with the Brisa lite sculpting gel with Shellac "Tutti Frutti" with "Gold VIP status" & New "Sea Glass" additives.

I'm not great with gels that's why Im going on the Brisa lite sculpting course as soon as the dates are available.

I got heat spike initially when I put my hand in the lamp! Then it calmed down. Could it be because I put too much gel on?

Also a question can you you do thin layers of the Brisa lite to build it up?

Didn't get the stress area correct.

Yes or else your nails are thin and sensitive.

And Yes! But you must build that apex.

What do you think about this as a nno for male damaged nail? More info and photos in the 'Brisa Lite pictures' thread.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362010140.437296.jpg

This is the 1st time I've ever used the BL Sculpting Gel

Xxx

I have a client tomorrow who is having a sculpting gel nno with shellac French. My problem is that she doesn't like a pink base and has always had just clear. I tried clearly pink last time and even that was too pink for her. I don't yet have white sculpting gel. Can I refine clear sculpting gel and use shellac base, cream puff and then shellac top coat? Any ideas?

Iv used clear sculpting, studio then shellac t/c over the whole nail.

Last edited by a moderator:
For setting Crystals into brisa smoothing gel, would that be enough to hold them once cured, I would be better applying Gel bond on the gel then applying the BL top coat? Thanks x

I would clean the brush from the bottle in acetone, wipe it nearly dry. Let any remaining acetone evaporate and then return the brush to the bottle. In the meantime make sure your bottle is covered so the solvents do not evaporate from it ( small piece of tinfoil will do the trick if you have no spare cap).

Thank you for your help. :)
x

Yes or else your nails are thin and sensitive.

And Yes! But you must build that apex.

Thanks Geeg

I thought you could only do one application of the gel.
That's why I was finding building my apex quiet difficult.

I'm not happy with the shape they look too flat! If I wanted to correct this do I remove shellac, scrub fresh and re-apply the gel to build up?

Thanks Geeg

I thought you could only do one application of the gel.
That's why I was finding building my apex quiet difficult.

I'm not happy with the shape they look too flat! If I wanted to correct this do I remove shellac, scrub fresh and re-apply the gel to build up?

I wouldn't use the scrubfresh, when I did it I buffed of the shellac back to the brisa, brushed dust and wiped with dsperse waited till I new dry and then reapplied the brisa and then shellac'd and mine were fine, scrubfresh has acetone in so not good :)

When I did an infill recenty I used scrubfresh very carefully on the bit being infilled but kept of the old brisa. (I have not had training yet but thought best way to do it and I havent had any problems on myself)

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the scrubfresh, when I did it I buffed of the shellac back to the brisa, brushed dust and wiped with dsperse waited till I new dry and then reapplied the brisa and then shellac'd and mine were fine, scrubfresh has acetone in so not good :)

When I did an infill recenty I used scrubfresh very carefully on the bit being infilled but kept of the old brisa. (I have not had training yet but thought best way to do it and I havent had any problems on myself)

Just a thought could you use d sperse instead of scrub fresh when rebalancing ? You wouldn t hAve to be so careful then when using it then? X

Can anyone tell me if there is an Aftercare PDF for Brisa Lite Smoothing gel? I have my first client in for it this afternoon & would like to give her an aftercare leaflet as I do with my Shellac clients??

Can anyone tell me if there is an Aftercare PDF for Brisa Lite Smoothing gel? I have my first client in for it this afternoon & would like to give her an aftercare leaflet as I do with my Shellac clients??

The Aftercare advise is exactly the same for both. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel IS the Power Partner to Shellac.

When removing sculpting gel should I leave foils on for full 30 mins or take off, buff what's come away and then re-wrap? My first attempt at soak off was not that successful. Have watched the video but mine only came away at the edges even though I'd filed bulk off. Appreciate we're all still experimenting but thought I'd ask if anyone has any tips?

The Aftercare advise is exactly the same for both. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel IS the Power Partner to Shellac.

Thanx Geeg 😊

I thought as much! Would it be ok to adjust the Shellac aftercare leaflet by putting in Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel instead of Shellac & 3 weeks instead of 2?? Or would it be safer just explaining the aftercare on its own?

Thanx :)

When removing sculpting gel should I leave foils on for full 30 mins or take off, buff what's come away and then re-wrap? My first attempt at soak off was not that successful. Have watched the video but mine only came away at the edges even though I'd filed bulk off. Appreciate we're all still experimenting but thought I'd ask if anyone has any tips?

as with any soak off gel is it hasnt come away after the allotted time then yes buff and re wrap. Make sure you have taken the bulk down enough to start with, wrap tightly so that its nice and warm inside the wrap. xx

Latest posts

Back