All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, When applying Brisa Lite Smoothing gel would you swipe the free edge as you would with Shellac and topcoat?

Further back in this thread I read that it is recommended to use the Nourishing Remover rather than pure acetone to remove Brisa Lite. I currently use Dsolve for removing Shellac and currently don't have any nourishing remover apart from what I am getting in the Smoothing Gel pack. Would Dsolve still give a satisfactory removal or would you still recommend the nourishing remover for best results? Thanks :)

Hi, When applying Brisa Lite Smoothing gel would you swipe the free edge as you would with Shellac and topcoat?

Indeed ... all edges are sealed in the same manner as with Shellac.

Further back in this thread I read that it is recommended to use the Nourishing Remover rather than pure acetone to remove Brisa Lite. I currently use Dsolve for removing Shellac and currently don't have any nourishing remover apart from what I am getting in the Smoothing Gel pack. Would Dsolve still give a satisfactory removal or would you still recommend the nourishing remover for best results? Thanks :)

Nourishing Remover is now part of the system and CND recommended for the fastest removal with the best nourishing results for the skin and nails. After all, we will now have to soak a little longer if applying the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel and longer still with the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel so it makes sense to use a remover that is less drying and quicker at the job, no?

I deal the extreme heavy handed client would smoothing gel be able to cope with them, for example a lot of my client are home cooks with many many children

Nourishing Remover is now part of the system and CND recommended for the fastest removal with the best nourishing results for the skin and nails. After all, we will now have to soak a little longer if applying the Brisa Lite Smoothing gel and longer still with the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel so it makes sense to use a remover that is less drying and quicker at the job, no?

Thank you. It totally does make sense but just wanted to be sure so will be converting asap! :)

I asked earlier what the blizzard file was for in our kits but think I just realised! I didn't know we could rebalance the sculpting gel, thought we had to soak off and start all over again! So do we use the blizzard for filing off old product or do we use the hotshot or outblack?

Do you know if there is anyway of changing this? Iv seen a HUGE decline in enquiries on fb :-(
Could you maybe pm me if you know of a way pls?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I asked earlier what the blizzard file was for in our kits but think I just realised! I didn't know we could rebalance the sculpting gel, thought we had to soak off and start all over again! So do we use the blizzard for filing off old product or do we use the hotshot or outblack?

Use the blizzard as it doesn't leave a grey residue on the gel.
Vicki x

Am glued to this thread!! Thanks to all participants :) eagerly waiting for my delivery tomorrow :)

Use which ever file you like. I like the white files, but we never had them for about the first 20 years of using gel and we managed just fine.

Not sure if I'm asking on the correct thread , will Brisa Lite Sculpting be available in the opaque/cover pinks like regular Brisa ? x

Not sure if I'm asking on the correct thread , will Brisa Lite Sculpting be available in the opaque/cover pinks like regular Brisa ? x

I think we have to be patient for the time being. CND are rolling out huge amounts of what we have already and other things will be phased in over time just like the Shellac Colours have been phased in. In the meantime you can very easily custom blend your own opaque cover gels by adding white to the existing semi sheer pink and any additives you may feel you need for different skin tones.
We made a beautiful custom blend at training (which took a couple of minutes only) and you can also make a natural white for the free edge if you don't want to use the opaque white. It really is so very quick and easy I don't know why everyone doesn't do it when they need it.

Hi Everyone,

I'm torn between investing in the new Brisa lite or regular Brisa? i'm just starting off in the nail extension world (gel and l&p)and would love some advice.

Most of my clients now are infills from other techs using gel (and some new sets for me), i wouldn't be able to do infills on a client with the brisa lite but i like the idea of removable gel. What are your opinions? would brisa lite even be worth the investment if i have to turn clients away that have existing hard gel on their nails?

P.S should i also invest in Rentention+? CND is having a great promotion right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigi,

I was PM'd this question so I thought it would be perfect for this forum.

If a client were to request traditional polish with their BL Smoothing Gel, how would a tech do this? (I wonder why they'd want to :/)

Hi Everyone,

I'm torn between investing in the new Brisa lite or regular Brisa? i'm just starting off in the nail extension world (gel and l&p)and would love some advice.

Most of my clients now are infills from other techs using gel (and some new sets for me), i wouldn't be able to do infills on a client with the brisa lite but i like the idea of removable gel. What are your opinions? would brisa lite even be worth the investment if i have to turn clients away that have existing hard gel on their nails?

P.S should i also invest in Rentention+? CND is having a great promotion right now

Your info is incorrect regarding infilling. Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel is an enhancement gel, a removable enhancement gel that requires no buffing or shine removal from the natural nail. You can use it with tips, sculpt with it, do natural nail overlays, and infill it for as long as you want or need to.

This product, Brisa Lite removable Sculpting Gel, is the only nail enhancement system in the world that adheres to the natural nail without the need for shine removal. It's what we've always dreamed of!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have to be patient for the time being. CND are rolling out huge amounts of what we have already and other things will be phased in over time just like the Shellac Colours have been phased in. In the meantime you can very easily custom blend your own opaque cover gels by adding white to the existing semi sheer pink and any additives you may feel you need for different skin tones.
We made a beautiful custom blend at training (which took a couple of minutes only) and you can also make a natural white for the free edge if you don't want to use the opaque white. It really is so very quick and easy I don't know why everyone doesn't do it when they need it.

Thankyou :)
Its a confidence & knowledge reason for me - I only did my Brisa training last November and I am still getting to grips with it :lol: I hardly have any enhancement clients ....i'd say 75% are natural nail ladies addicted to shellac . Still want to crack enhancements though so I can do them with confidence when asked for them xx

Gigi,

I was PM'd this question so I thought it would be perfect for this forum.

If a client were to request traditional polish with their BL Smoothing Gel, how would a tech do this? (I wonder why they'd want to :/)

Take a look at post number 63 in this thread Tammi its all there.

It would be BL Base coat ... cure for 10 secs
One coat of BL Smoothing gel ... cure 2 minutes
Remove inhibition layer with IPA
Apply polish base coat (now some will want to skip this step, but we think the polish adheres better to the surface), two coats of colour and finish with the POLISH Top coat. :hug:
Thanks for the question.

Sorry to ask ! Indid read through but wanted to confirm what i was thinking ! So...smoothing gel cannot be rebalanced and must be soaked off ?
But the sculpting can be rebalanced ?
The smoothing gel can be used as a stand alone product or with shellac or polish on too ?
Thanks in advance x

Sorry to ask ! Indid read through but wanted to confirm what i was thinking ! So...smoothing gel cannot be rebalanced and must be soaked off ?
But the sculpting can be rebalanced ? OR soaked off
The smoothing gel can be used as a stand alone product or with shellac or polish on too ?
Thanks in advance x

Correct.

Latest posts

Back