All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use what is available at the moment and get the additives if you feel you need it. Let's not push the river at this stage. Of course things will be added to the range .. Brisa Lite removable gels only launched a week ago. :biggrin:

So do you rebalance the sculpting and the smoothing? I've done 1 sculpting client and 1 smoothing client so far, both with shellac over the top. What do I do when they come back in 2 weeks? X x x

So do you rebalance the sculpting and the smoothing? I've done 1 sculpting client and 1 smoothing client so far, both with shellac over the top. What do I do when they come back in 2 weeks? X x x

Both gels should last for three weeks, but you know clients!! Some will and some won't.

You do not rebalance the smoothing gel ... Wrap Remove and replace just like Shellac, when the client can no longer stand the re-growth.

With the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel you have a choice ... If using it for a repair or a little extra length, you can remove as soon as the repair has grown out, or when you no longer need the length .... OR you can wear as a permanent enhancement gel and keep rebalancing it.

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the additives only mica powders and don't think I should risk mixing them in. Ill try adding a touch of BL white. Do you think they'll bring out a range of BL sculpting cover pinks? X

I think the brisa lite semi-sheer is waaay more opaque than the reg brisa semi-sheer which is very sheer.

You say that it is best to thin the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel down before wrapping with remover to remove, so, if it is under the Shellac colour would you wrap twice?

Wrap to remove the Shellac
Buff down the Sculpting gel
Wrap again to remove remaining Sculpting gel?

You say that it is best to thin the Brisa Lite Sculpting gel down before wrapping with remover to remove, so, if it is under the Shellac colour would you wrap twice?

Wrap to remove the Shellac
Buff down the Sculpting gel
Wrap again to remove remaining Sculpting gel?

There is no need to go to all that bother.
I would just buff down the central apex of the nail removing the bulk including Shellac ... The sides are already thin so no need to buff anywhere close to the natural nail. Then wrap and remove. There is no need to file off all the Shellac.

If I was too heavy filing and buffed some white off. What do I do? Is it ok to just add white sculpting gel back on? X

If I was too heavy filing and buffed some white off. What do I do? Is it ok to just add white sculpting gel back on? X
Yes you could add but that would be a major pain. You only need to use a soft buffer for finishing the Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel; or the easier option would be you to paint a lasting French with Shellac on top of the finished nail.

This question has been answered. Page 8 post number 113.
Clean your brush off with a lint free wipe and some d.Sperse/IPA.
You do not have to clean every bit of gel from the brush ... It will still be a bit stiff but it will be fine stored away and when you want to use it again, soften by working some fresh gel into the brush and away you go.
Never use acetone to clean your gel brush ... You will ruin it.

Bit worried I have ruined my smoothing flat brush, I used scrub fresh to clean it as this is what I was told to use with Brisa gel, have I wrecked it, the bristles are a bit stiff! I have only done it a couple of times, since used disperse, do I need a new brush? Can't remember if the bristles were stiff when I got it! Ahhhhh

Bit worried I have ruined my smoothing flat brush, I used scrub fresh to clean it as this is what I was told to use with Brisa gel, have I wrecked it, the bristles are a bit stiff! I have only done it a couple of times, since used disperse, do I need a new brush? Can't remember if the bristles were stiff when I got it! Ahhhhh

No one from CND ever told you to clean a gel brush with ScrubFresh!! :evil:

Gel brushes have synthetic bristles. Acetone will make the brush go furry eventually. Lets hope you've got away with it. :hug:

The bristles will always feel stiff until you work a little gel through the brush before you start your application, to soften them.

Hi everyone

Is it ok to do a silk wrap with the smoothing gel as you would with shellac on a bad vertical or horizontal split?
So pep, apply wrap on its own , brisa lite base , smoothing gel , shellac colour and top coat ?

Ta muchley

Jo

Hi everyone

Is it ok to do a silk wrap with the smoothing gel as you would with shellac on a bad vertical or horizontal split?
So pep, apply wrap on its own , brisa lite base , smoothing gel , shellac colour and top coat ?

Ta muchley

Jo

There is no reason for you not to do it if you wish to do it.

Thank you geeg :hug:

Jo

Just to let you know....

I have that very option on right now for a horizontal rip. I tried the Smoothing gel on it's own first with no silk wrap, but as I imagined it just lasted twenty four hours (this was before I realised that Sculpting was for this job).

So the following day I re did the repair including the silk wrap just the way Holly did with Shellac in her video and my nails are still looking beautiful after a week.

My question, Geeg, following on from your reply a little further up regarding painting on a french. Is there any reason why you couldn't do Brisa Lite base coat, Brisa Lite Smoothing gel and then Shellac Studio white followed by Shellac topcoat? Therefore leaving out Clearly Pink or any of the other pink options?

Apologies if this has been asked before. If so, I will delete.

Edit..Actually, thinking about it you would have more Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel on the nail plate than Shellac in this scenario, so would you be better off using Brisa Lite Topcoat, or would you say keep it simple and use a Shellac pink so that you can finish with the Shellac topcoat?

Last edited:
Just to let you know....

I have that very option on right now for a horizontal rip. I tried the Smoothing gel on it's own first with no silk wrap, but as I imagined it just lasted twenty four hours (this was before I realised that Sculpting was for this job).

So the following day I re did the repair including the silk wrap just the way Holly did with Shellac in her video and my nails are still looking beautiful after a week.

My question, Geeg, following on from your reply a little further up regarding painting on a french. Is there any reason why you couldn't do Brisa Lite base coat, Brisa Lite Smoothing gel and then Shellac Studio white followed by Shellac topcoat? Therefore leaving out Clearly Pink or any of the other pink options?

Apologies if this has been asked before. If so, I will delete.

Edit..Actually, thinking about it you would have more Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel on the nail plate than Shellac in this scenario, so would you be better off using Brisa Lite Topcoat, or would you say keep it simple and use a Shellac pink so that you can finish with the Shellac topcoat?

I would keep it simple. lol

Right I'm going to say this I know I shouldnt have done it but here goes Im prepared for a slap on the wrists but you might be interested so here goes.

I got a bit fed up with clear overlays so I put some nail polish over the top of my smoothing gel, I didn't like the nail polish so took it off again with non acetone remover - it has been mentioned in this very thread not to do that - **so don't do it!

Consequently I got a bit of lifting on two fingers of my right hand, I went in the shower and the gel went a bit more rubbery for want of a better word and it lifted more so I had a little pick at it - I'm getting more embarrassed the more I type :rolleyes:

Anyway I was going to soak it off and put it back on again and try it put with additives but then got a phone call and had to go out. I've just been inspecting it and it's shrunk wrapped itself back to where it was, obviously it's not re-adhered itself but truly without close scrutiniseation you would not know it had lifted.

NOT good practice especially from someone who should know better but it will now last me until tomorrow when I've got time to change it and I won't pick at it because there's nothing to pick at.

Just in case anyone is remotely interested or is a tiny bit tempted to put nail polish over the top when we've clearly been told not to!! *cough*

Right I'm going to say this I know I shouldnt have done it but here goes Im prepared for a slap on the wrists but you might be interested so here goes.

I got a bit fed up with clear overlays so I put some nail polish over the top of my smoothing gel, I didn't like the nail polish so took it off again with non acetone remover - it has been mentioned in this very thread not to do that - **so don't do it!

Consequently I got a bit of lifting on two fingers of my right hand, I went in the shower and the gel went a bit more rubbery for want of a better word and it lifted more so I had a little pick at it - I'm getting more embarrassed the more I type :rolleyes:

Anyway I was going to soak it off and put it back on again and try it put with additives but then got a phone call and had to go out. I've just been inspecting it and it's shrunk wrapped itself back to where it was, obviously it's not re-adhered itself but truly without close scrutiniseation you would not know it had lifted.

NOT good practice especially from someone who should know better but it will now last me until tomorrow when I've got time to change it and I won't pick at it because there's nothing to pick at.

Just in case anyone is remotely interested or is a tiny bit tempted to put nail polish over the top when we've clearly been told today old not to!! *cough*

No slaps from me .. I'm having a chuckle.

It's been a real pleasure to get to know you a bit better today sillybilly (a name which I sure does not really relfect you); I have had allot of fun reading your posts etc. I love a person who acts with dignity and intelligence and isn't out to always cause a fight.

I'm a nail technician .. you are a nail technician .. scratch us and we are the same under the skin, have the same motivation and want the best for our clients and for ourselves. We all just want to do well and have a nice life. I have that and I wish the same for you and everyone. :hug:

No slaps from me .. I'm having a chuckle.

It's been a real pleasure to get to know you a bit better today sillybilly (a name which I sure does not really relfect you); I have had allot of fun reading your posts etc. I love a person who acts with dignity and intelligence and isn't out to always cause a fight.

I'm a nail technician .. you are a nail technician .. scratch us and we are the same under the skin, have the same motivation and want the best for our clients and for ourselves. We all just want to do well and have a nice life. I have that and I wish the same for you and everyone. :hug:

I know that this thread is for technical purposes and I should technically send a PM to say thank you, but I feel seriously and sincerely flattered and have gone a teeny bit Silly. :hug:

Geeg, Apologies if I'm making you repeat yourself but

I haven't used CND products before but really want to start using them. I haven't trained with CND But I have trained in gel extensions.

I was wondering if the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel can be used on white tips (extensions) Also is there a clear gel available because all the kits I seen look like the come with pink and white? For extensions I would use the Sculpting gel not smoothing right?

Hope that makes some sense xx

Geeg, Apologies if I'm making you repeat yourself but

I haven't used CND products before but really want to start using them. I haven't trained with CND But I have trained in gel extensions.

I was wondering if the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel can be used on white tips (extensions) Also is there a clear gel available because all the kits I seen look like the come with pink and white? For extensions I would use the Sculpting gel not smoothing right?

Hope that makes some sense xx

Yes Brisa Lite Removable Sculpting gel can be used on white tips. But if using over tips we advise thinner layers to make sure of a complete cure.
Yes there is a Clear gel.
Is there a problem with using the Pink and White?
Yes for extensions you would use the Sculpting gel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back