Am I a woos ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs69

Reaction score
Hi all
I sacked my junior today and she begged and pleaded then begged and pleaded more and has carried on begging and pleading all day over texts and phone calls, telling me her mom was gunna chuck her out etc...
It all started with her attitude towards myself and the other girls a couple of months ago, I gave her a verbal warning,she still has a slight attitude, then I had reason to believe she was stealing but with no proof (but I know 100% it was her), nothing else was taken, another verbal warning. then today she just didn't turn up for work-I rang her she said she wasn't well. My problem was that she never rang in but she said she had no credit but that is not good enough, so later I rang and said I was letting her go.
She is good with the clients and does her job well (except for occasional attitude,but she's only 16)
I got home tonight and rang her again to tell her I had not changed my mind and that she was out, but she has sweet talked me and I have given her another chance, I am writing her a written warning tonight and have said if she puts a foot wrong again that's it.
HAVE I DONE THE RIGHT THING ??:confused:

only time will tell, maybe its the kick up the back side she needs to learn that this is the real world where peeps work and respect each other or they are gone, or you'll have to go through it all by the end of the week.

But if her excuse was not having any credit to call you, how did she manage to text you later to plead for her job back?

Just make sure when she comes in tomorrow that you have a word so she knows its not all forgotten, far from it.

Thanx Susie,
I asked her the same thing about the credit and she said she borrowed the money off a neighbour !!! I said you could of done that this morning ! ha ha

I'd keep a watchful eye on her, keep her away from the til, if you still have suspician that she is stealing and make her work her ass off and loose the attitude. Make it known you aren't a push over, and she will either work to your rules or quit.

I'd keep a watchful eye on her, keep her away from the til, if you still have suspician that she is stealing and make her work her ass off and loose the attitude. Make it known you aren't a push over, and she will either work to your rules or quit.
hi, i will get her moving tomorrow, she wont believe how hard she is gonna work, the only trouble is i am soft and she knows it, but soft no more, I am gonna be a bossy boss!! and then hopefully she will change 4 the better !!

These kids need to learn that they gotta work for their money.

You are a soft touch and she knows it. Not that I don't believe in giving people a second chance, but sometimes you have got to be very careful or they will walk all over you.

I would make it very clear that you mean what you say this time and STICK TO YOUR GUNS next time with her. :hug:

Hi, have everybody's job roles and hers clearly written down and pinned in place on the wall where all staff can see ,
plus give her and everyone else a copy to take home too,

I also doubt if this will all work out with this girl but I hope it does for her sake and yours :hug: x

also what about holding a staff meeting every so often ?

If the stuff still keeps going missing you may be wise to invest in some type of security cameras ,
and if it gets too bad there are people who specialize in catching the culprit on tape ,
you would be very wise first to have positive evidence
or you could land yourself in very hot water if you have no evidence,

Its really horrible when you know too well that things are being taken and you just cannot get the proof ,

hope it now stops for you :hug: x hth

I'm gonna kick ass tomorrow! I can't wait. a new me from now on.
trouble is I've said this so many times b4.
She has stopped nicking now, she dosn't use the till or go by the stock any more, I had a dummy camera put up to worry her.
I like ur idea of job lists I shall write some up l8er, good one Minky thanks bab x

I would make sure that all staff have and are aware of their job description, contract and if it includes probationary period about 3 months, staff handbook which covers disciplinary procedures and gross misconduct, (sorry I've been updating policies at my day job today)

As for thinking that she is stealing I would do regular bag checks to all staff and make staff sign the fact that you have done it, and personally if she is stealing from the till I would cash up after she has used it whether it is 3 times a day, I had to do this when I was in retail management.

as for her time keeping, does she know that she has to call in if shes sick etc.. have you a set time to notify you of sickness??

If she cant be bothered to ring in sick dock her pay unless you pay staff for sickness?

This could be the kick up the backside for her to change her ways.

Sue:)

Completly agree with Sue this could be what she needs, if she is good with clients she could turn into a little gem!

becki xxx

hi tiptop
thanx 4 ur advice. I do everything you say except for bag checks but she got away with things cos I'm a big softie and now I realise that I have gotta harden up I.ve learnt that the hard way today so i just hope i can be meaner cos tomorrow i.m gonna really try !!! ha ha

sorry Sue. I've just called you Tiptop I shud've looked at the bottom of your post
sorry hun xxxxxx

Completly agree with Sue this could be what she needs, if she is good with clients she could turn into a little gem!

becki xxx

She is a good kid underneath she's just had a bad start in life and if my staff and myself look out for her and give her a chance i really believe she'll do ok.
if she keeps taking the p**s though she'll have to go and that'll be such a shame but i can't risk my own livelyhood however soft i might be

tellher you will hold a WEEKLY review for 3 months with her. get things in writing.
have someone else present at meetings.

hi tiptop
thanx 4 ur advice. I do everything you say except for bag checks but she got away with things cos I'm a big softie and now I realise that I have gotta harden up I.ve learnt that the hard way today so i just hope i can be meaner cos tomorrow i.m gonna really try !!! ha ha

You're not being MEAN just FAIR. You give her respect and honesty and should receive the same in return. SHE is the villain in this, not you. (But I really hope it all works out. )

I once gave a girl a second chance when I knew she had been stealing! She went on to steal over 5000 pounds over the next 2 years in the most clever way imaginable.

No second chances.

I also gave another older person who'd been in prison a second chance in life and they went on to shaft me too.

There is something about doing something that you feel might help someone and then they begin to resent/hate you for it and to think you are stupid (which you are) for doing it.

I this person will do you again and be even more clever the second time. I would not let her near anything .. till, product cupboard, retail items ... how can you work with someone you know has already stolen from you? You will not enjoy the experience.

Hi
I personally wouldn't give second chances.
In my day job my junior drives me mad. She gets away with allsorts but the higher powers in the firm won't do anything about her. She's had more talkings to than I've had hot dinners and she's still here!! :irked:
None of the warnings have made any difference. She just puts on the butter wouldn't melt look and gets forgiven by the big boss.
Her attitude stinks too, maybe it's the youth of today.

Hi all.
Thanks again for all your advice,She was great today at work she couldn't do enough, I'm a bit worried now reading some of the posts but I s'pose I will have to see what happens.

:confused:

Hi all.
Thanks again for all your advice,She was great today at work she couldn't do enough, I'm a bit worried now reading some of the posts but I s'pose I will have to see what happens.

:confused:

Listen to the voice of experience, hun. You will live to regret it if you do not!!

Latest posts

Back