Am I pregnant already?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslatham

Reaction score
Hey geeks, sorry just a random question for u all!!
As u may know already (lol) I have been of my Pill for 4wks and am expecting my first true period but im sure its late. Should i test or am i jumping the gun?? Couple of my friends have said they fell pregnant within their first pill-free month so im doubting myself!! Shall i do a test???
Eeeek!! xx

As u may know already (lol) I have been of my Pill for 4wks and am expecting my first true period but im sure its late. Should i test or am i jumping the gun?? Couple of my friends have said they fell pregnant within their first pill-free month so im doubting myself!! Shall i do a test???
Eeeek!! xx

Some people do fall pregnant after there first week off, but some dont.

I had a pill break last year as I wanted to get my body back to normal for a while and it took about 6-8 weeks to get my first period.

Anyways take a test, it won't hurt. However it may still be to early to get a 100% result.

My friend who was trying was late and got loads of test from asda (cheap one) all came up with a faint line, so we wasn't sure. But she then got a expensive test that came up right away.

I cant remember the reason but tou can fall very quickly after stopping the pill ! :D

We are all different, I never fell pregnant until I had been off my pill for a complete month but ive known others to fall pregnant on the pill!

My friend is trying for a baby and she tests before she is due because the tests nowadays are really sensitive, but, she spends an absolute fortune because she retests every few days.

Personally I would wait until I was about a week late but it is down to how patient you can be!!

I fell pregnant the first month after coming off the pill with both my children. Combined pill first time and mini pill second time. Also the first pregnancy test I did with both of them was negative too. I didn't get a positive result until I was a week late with both pregnancies! Wierd hey?

You could well be :)

Eekk how exciting!

Try a good brand test, 1st pee of the day as said above they are pretty sensitive now days!

If u are/ are not pregnant get taking some folic acid or a good pregnacy vitamin to prepair ur body. Xx

I fell pregnant the first month after coming off the pill with both my children. Combined pill first time and mini pill second time. Also the first pregnancy test I did with both of them was negative too. I didn't get a positive result until I was a week late with both pregnancies! Wierd hey?

This is exactly how it was for me too :)

Eeeek!! xx

Fingers crossed :)
However, don't put too much pressure on yourselves for anything to happen just yet (as this can sometimes make it take longer! Lol) I know it's easier said than done but try to put it at the back of your mind, keep healthy and most important of all, keep practising! Haha ;)
X

Thanks everyone, well i tested and...it was negative :( Told hubby i did, got halfway thru my sentence and his eyes lit up like a xmas tree :cry: gutted. Never mind will keep persisting!! Just annoying that now im looking at my calendar doubting my own dates grrr xx

Thanks everyone, well i tested and...it was negative :( Told hubby i did, got halfway thru my sentence and his eyes lit up like a xmas tree :cry: gutted. Never mind will keep persisting!! Just annoying that now im looking at my calendar doubting my own dates grrr xx

Give yourself time to adjust to the change and don't stress about it too much because that will make it harder to conceive. Just see how things go with an open mind because every month you will both be disappointed if your not yet pregnant and cause more stress and worry for the both of you.

Goodluck! :D x

Aw, was getting all excited for you till I read your second post :hug:

Hope your dream comes true soon xx

When I was pregnant with my little Hugo, I did a test on or v soon after my due date and it was negative. But I was pregnant! So maybe don't rush into it, give it a few more days so if you are pregnant, the hormone levels are a bit stronger. And in the meantime, try not to think about it as it will drive you nutty!

I to had many false negatives, give it time , what is ment to be will be. X

Your support is amazing, thanks everyone for replying it genuinely keeps my spirits up!!
Im wondering if i should fork out for an early-response test, one that measures low hcg, wait till end of the week and test again if still no show? The test i bought before were just Boots cheapys xx

I had a scan and they told me I wasn't pregnant ...... Well I was, but it was very early on and I had only just missed my period.... So it is possible. I know you just want to find out but if you can just wait a few more days x

It took me 9 months to get pregnant after coming off the pill - think it was the stress each month that made it take so long! I've got everything well and truly crossed for you, if you need a chat or support or anything you can PM me :D

Thanku so much Metamorfasis that really means a lot :) And again thanks to everyone for ur supportive words :) Countdown one week til next test, fingers crossed!! Xx

Big fat negative again... This time with a digital. Obviously I love to torture myself :cry: xx

Big fat negative again... This time with a digital. Obviously I love to torture myself :cry: xx
Awww you will get there, it took me a while so try not to think too much about it and im sure will happen soon :hug:xxx

Hun, it can take time. :hug:
We have been trying for our third baby for 15 months now. It took around a year for me to get pregnant with our first but I got pregnant straight away with our second. Everybody is different.
Bug hugs. Xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back