Am looking for a soak off gel to go under Shellac for peeling nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Abi! You are not a messer, you are passionate, a perfectionist and caring. I too love shellac but I don't get best wear sometimes because I have thin, bendy nails which also peel. Unfortunately I have an allergy to most gels and that is why I turned to CND Shellac.
I would love a hypo-allergenic soak off gel from CND. I use my solar oil religiously and have bottles of it everywhere..lol. It has helped but ultimately I am the type of person that could probably do with gel.
I just wish before criticising, people would be a little more open minded and realise that each client is different and sometimes it's simply not possible to find a solution to every clients nail needs with one range.
It's not you are planning to use some dodgy cheapie unbranded soak off from China, you are looking for a quality product to fill a gap within the wonderful CND range.

Good luck to you!!

Thank you. Just to update this thread. I done my clients nails yesterday (wednesday 21st March) with 2 thin coats of ManiQ soak off gel so lets see how she goes. If she got the whole 2 weeks then she would be happy and so would I. I will update you all on here with her progress. Ax

Hi all, so far so good, spoke to my client today and nails are all intact, no chipping and she said they feel alot stronger, only done them wednesday last week but good news so far. Will keep updating this thread for who is interested. My other client that has peeling nails had them done today with 2 thin coats of mani q gel first then dark lava, they looked great. She is going on holiday for 2.5 weeks so lets hope they last for her holiday. X

That's great news that all is successful so far. I too have a couple of clients that have bad peeling yet love the finish of Shellac. I have trialled Calgel (which is another product I offer) under the Shellac on a friend so we'll see how it goes!

Calgel now do a gel the same strength as their clear gel in a bottle specifically to be used as a strengthener bottom top or both for soak off polish systems its called IZ Gel and can be cured LED or otherwise.

I have a couple of nightmare clients I shellac as normal then add a coat of clear gel on top seems to work x

Calgel now do a gel the same strength as their clear gel in a bottle specifically to be used as a strengthener bottom top or both for soak off polish systems its called IZ Gel and can be cured LED or otherwise.

What good news.

Come on Bio Sculpture please follow the trend.
It would be so good if Bio Sculpture could also be LED cured & in a bottle.

FANTASTIC!!! Wonder if I can get it in Australia : )

Hi all, so far so good, spoke to my client today and nails are all intact, no chipping and she said they feel alot stronger, only done them wednesday last week but good news so far. Will keep updating this thread for who is interested. My other client that has peeling nails had them done today with 2 thin coats of mani q gel first then dark lava, they looked great. She is going on holiday for 2.5 weeks so lets hope they last for her holiday. X

Good news Abi! I have a couple of clients like this who may benefit from maniq underneath. Could you please advise me exactly what I need to buy. Thanks :)

Can this be used with the Shellac lamp? Thanks xx

Hi All

I have some good news. So far so good. My clients nails have been on for 12 days and still looking good, no chips. By now they have normally a few chips and most times at least one have come off. So looks like, for Peeling bendy nails, mani q natural nail gel is the way to go. I will still keep you all updated on how long they last before she comes in again, although she is going away next week so she might end up coming in on wednesday, hopefully she wont so I can see how long they last. Ax:lol:

Good news Abi! I have a couple of clients like this who may benefit from maniq underneath. Could you please advise me exactly what I need to buy. Thanks :)

Hi Treacle44

This is how I was advised by young nails when I called them.

Apply 1 coat of protein bond primer.
paint on the mani q natural nail gel thin
cure for 2 mins
then apply another layer of gel and cure for 2 mins
then straight on with the shellac colour
You dont need shellac base coat

Now im sure if you are using gelish or similar it would work the same.
I have watched the educator from young nails videos, he put 2 coats of protein bond primer and then cures the first coat of gel for 1 min, then the 2nd coat for 2 minutes.

Im sure that whoever has trained with young nails would put the correct procedure as I have had conflicting information, although what I have done seems to work fine.

Here is the website for young nails and the page with the products you will need.

Mani Q - Soak Off Gel - Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK

I hope that this helps you.

Ax

Can this be used with the Shellac lamp? Thanks xx

I don't know to be honest.

I would presume and hope as they are selling it as a support to all the latest gel/polishes they would have tested it properly but then maybe not with a Shellac lamp.

Their number is 0845 2301087. They are very helpful and friendly, you could give them a call and ask.

Im also not sure whether this would be available to those who haven't trained with Calgel as they are quite strict with who they supply.

Hi All

Just to update you all, my client has just text to say she wants to book in for wednesday as she has lost one shellac nail. Its always the same dodgy nail (as she puts it) this is the one that normally goes within the first week. Im pleased she got as long as she did but was hoping for her to get 3 weeks with the extra gel.

Can anyone that uses mani q soak off natural nail gel please go through the procedure so I can make sure I am apply it correctly, as I said in my earlier post I have been given conflicting info so want to make sure I am doing it correct, so we can try again and see how long they last again.

Many thanks

Ax

Hi all

Just to update this thread. My client seems to get the 2 weeks but her bad nail normally chips around this time. Her nails are just too bad and weak maybe. This client also has skijump nails and fan nails so I have decided to apply 2 coats of hard gel, now this wont soak off I will have to infill the gel before I apply the next coat of shellac but thats fine by me. She loves the glitter shellac and wants this so if she is happy so am I.

My other client is adamant that her nails definately lasted longer with the mani q underneath and felt alot stronger so she loves it.

Thhe only thing that I would say is once you pay for the mani q gel plus vat plus postage it works out quite alot of money just for one client so im not sure whether to buy a pot or not. I wish I could buy a smaller pot but they dont sell a smaller pot so am unsure what to do. X

One thing is that you will have it for the next client that comes to u with that problem and instead of fumbling for an answer u will confidently pull out your mani q and proudly say "I have your answer!!!" :)

Latest posts

Back