ANT feedback please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
Things can only get better with the ANT, and i need your help for the meeting next month. Please please please take the time to answer the questions, i would be sooooooooo graetful! Thank you!

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP?

DO YOU INTEND TO RE-NEW IT?

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN THE MEMBERSHIP PACK?

DO YOU LIKE THE ANT BADGE?

WOULD YOU LIKE A NEWSLETTER?

WOULD YOU LIKE MORE CONSUMER PUBLICITY?

WOULD YOU PURCHASE T-SHIRTS, ETC WITH THE ANT LOGO?

SHOULD THEY HAVE A STAND AT THE TRADE SHOWS?

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEW CODE OF PRACTICE?

HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE?

Ta very much!

Hi Rachel

im not sure how good my feedback is but i'll give it a go hun

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP? well im not sure that im happy or unhappy - dont really understand fully what it stands for - i got my membership as part of the NVQ Unit 19 enrolement

DO YOU INTEND TO RE-NEW IT? not sure i get any value from it, i had already subscribed to prof nails, i have a certificate on my wall and if anyone asked me about it im not quite sure what id say !

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN THE MEMBERSHIP PACK? not sure but when i received mine my membership pack talked about discounts etc as being part of the Association such as business discounts to advertise with Yellow Pages etc, i did ring to enquire but they didnt really know too much about it .... i subscribed around the time of the change over so maybe thats why, maybe that could have all been handled differently ? because i had to chase and keep chasing for my membership pack and then when i got it my certificate was incorrect and they were not sure what being a member of ANT was all about themselves, i kinda felt sorry for them being so vulnerable with all the calls they were getting ?

DO YOU LIKE THE ANT BADGE? umm yeh ?

WOULD YOU LIKE A NEWSLETTER? Yes i would, can never have too much information about whats going on in the Nail Industry !

WOULD YOU LIKE MORE CONSUMER PUBLICITY? Yes definatley - we need to publically publicise GREAT NAIL TECHNICIANS and the industry - general public just dont have an understanding at all !! outside of the Nail Mags we only tend to hear about bad experiences !

WOULD YOU PURCHASE T-SHIRTS, ETC WITH THE ANT LOGO? probably not

SHOULD THEY HAVE A STAND AT THE TRADE SHOWS? yes to help people understand who they are and why we should join, and not just for maybe cheaper insurances !

HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE? know themselves (everyone on the end of the phone) what ANT is and stands for and why we should join and how becoming a member of ANT benefits me as a Nail Technician and what it means to the client that we are members of ANT when they see our stickers, our certificates and badges!

hope this is ok Rachel, maybe i should have written in the morning when im a bit more with it !! sorry ive rushed it, hope you get what im trying to put across

kx

Hi Chocolate

I have done a couple of day courses with ANT and my husband bought me an Badger airbrush for 420.00 including a day course last Christmas. I still have not been on the day course. The lady said that I could travel to her shop for a quick 1-1 (most of the time was spent with the teacher trying to put my airbrush back together after dismantling it!). Feel very demoralised and still can't grasp the airbrush thing.

I know this is not answering any of your questions but I think this person running the ANT courses is probably not a good representative. Maybe I was just unlucky, but feel pretty peeved that I have this all singing and dancing airbrush and havent made any money back from my clients.

Sorry for burdening you with this as its obviously nothing to do with you directly.

Heather
XX

i'm not entirely sure what benefits ANT has offered me since joining (other than a free subscription to PN)...I have a nice, erm, pen and coaster...
The times i have tried to call them, i have just given up...never ANYONE there just an answer machine.
Haven't received anything from them since joining, in the way of newsletter - i devour any info on the nail industry etc, so a bit of a let down.
If they aren't at the trade shows already, why not?
My opinion only, but a bit of a waste of time joining so far...
will i renew...urm not sure sure at the mo...

Ok heres my tuppence worth!

I am more than happy with the essence of the membership but at the moment all I see of it is a magazine but fingers crossed this will change.

Most definately

Yes, but I don't wear it - my certificate tells people I am a member, personally I dont particularly like badges - they have a tendency to be left on clothes and then get trapped in the washing machine or leave big holes in the clothes LOL

Yes it would be good to keep up to date with what ANT are doing specifically rather than find snippets in a magazine.

Most definately - it would be great for the public to know to look for an ANT member

Probably not.

Yes probably, then people could ask about what is involved.

Not sure what was in the old one LOL.
HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE?
I think they need to be more involved in the consumer press and have a phone number that consumers could call to get a recommended salon in their area etc. Evidence of continued training should be a requirement for continued membership.

HTH.

Good to be asked about this thanks Rachel :)

Am i happy with my membership?....if I am honest no! At the moment it seems to be nothing but a badge, coaster and pen. Yes there is a certificate but there doesn't seem to be much info back up behind it.

Do I intend to renew it? I have this time in the hope things will improve.

Do I like the ANT badge? Yep, it's a nice size as i hate big badges!

Would I like a newsletter? YES YES YES! Surely this should be part of a good membership...an update on all that is happening.

Would I like more consumer publicity? YES! The public need as much good info as we can throw at them so they can make the 'right' choice!

Would I purchase t shirts etc? Probably not

Should they have a stand at trade shows? YES! We can then meet the people behind the ANT..much better than the bad experience I have had with them over the phone when no one seems to know much

How can the ANT improve? With all of the above..providing us with as much info as possible and making the ANT a professional body to be proud to be part of. They should also ALWAYS ask for proof of qualifications before handing out membership..from what I have read this has happened occasionally but certainly not in all cases

I sincerely hope ANT does improve and succeed, all the best with it :)

Hi,

Do ANT have a website - if they do, I can't find it.

No - sorry I have not happy, i have not renewed I am looking elsewhere for support...I joined over 18 months ago for what seems no benefit...
I have not been a member of a governing body so I have nothing to compare it to, but all the same i was dissappointed from the lack of communications.

I dont intend to renew as it stands. as a one-girl-band I can spend the monies eleswhere to benefit my business and customers

In a pack I expect a sticker/decal promoting the body, a pin badge (covered in the past) and details on insurance providers details of workshops etc...and more information on NVQ, I found out about the VCTC by my own valition - which should not be the case...

yes I like the badge and did wear it when my membership was valid and it was nice size...not

newsletters are v important to me - even if they are quarterly...I expect important info to come from the ANT rather then Scratch etc (no offence Alex)

Publicity is a must....its important the public know they can check out if their technician is trained up etc...I would pay to be included in their headed YP advert

T shirts. yes it it was funky enought I'd wear it to promote the industry...

The code of practice I have never seen but yes its important - did they have one to begin with? :o

Publicity is a must for this organisation we need their backing. It is very important in building the credability of our industry, IMO.....I would help in anyway i can to acheive a the status the ANT deserves and of course it members...

More emphasis on training maybe a course a year even to maintain your membership and the ANT should push and encourage more educators to become NVQ assessors around the UK - they are hard to find...

and like you have done Chocolate they need to send questionnairs to their members or old members...for that matter to get feedback

I am going to be rejoining in january/february.

It would be nice to have a new badge,the size is just about OK,just the back of the badge can easily get lost,a news letter would be nice to also have.and if there was a web site for ANT it would be GOOD!

Well I'll be totally honets here...
I pay however much it is per year for a coaster, pen and badge

Probably not as I don't get any benefit other than a cheaper sub to nails mag...which just seems to be a re-hash of articles of years gone by...other than the gossip which I love!!

Initial membership pack is ok, but that's all you get, no follow up, no web site, no magazine, no update, no nothing

Yes, but I don't wear it. It's small, maybe if it was bigger people would take more notice of it...my son has it on his cap!!

Definately YES

Definately YES. What is the point of having an professional association that the public, our clients, have no idea exists. If it had more publicity, not so much as a governing body but as a place where the public can voice their concerns esp re NSS then more the better

No. I wear my business logo so a decent badge would be good.

Yes

I don't recall the old code of practice.

HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE?
Have both a consumer and professional web site, get themselves into the consumer press and magazines alongside nail articles and the ever increasing Best type scare stories. Up their profile among professional nail technicians.

Ta very much![/QUOTE]

I agree with all that has gone before, especially Cathie. I too feel that all I get is a coaster, pen and certificate .... oh yeah and Pn which is always late anyway.

Personally I don't think I will renew my membership next year, and I won't be renewing my Babtac membership either. I just don't see what I personally gain, and I don't see what my clients gain by it. I have a wall full of certificates of my qualifications and courses attended, so why do I need another to prove I have them? If you asked a member of the public (or even any of my clients) what is the ANT they'd probably say it's a six legged insect!! Lets face it we as members never hear from them (not even when it was renewal time this year) so how do we expect them to be a voice for us when they never communicate with us, its members.

Chocolate hun, I know you have come on here for our opinions, this is nothing personal, and it is just my opinion. I just think that being an ANT member is a complete waste of money. SORRY.:o

hi i was really dis-satisfied when i joined my certificate is a photcopy with my name scrawled on it and i would not put it on the wall as it is horrible.

I dont like the badge because its gold but thats just personal preference.

I dont feel there is any purpose to ANT.

And lastly, no-one ever answers the phone.

thanks xxx

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP? - no, I don't see many benefits of being a member of ANT

DO YOU INTEND TO RE-NEW IT? - I didnt renew this year

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN THE MEMBERSHIP PACK? - membership pack was ok

DO YOU LIKE THE ANT BADGE? - it's ok - but i don't wear it

WOULD YOU LIKE A NEWSLETTER? - yes! I expected one anyway really

WOULD YOU LIKE MORE CONSUMER PUBLICITY? yes. clients havent got a clue that these kind of associations exist

WOULD YOU PURCHASE T-SHIRTS, ETC WITH THE ANT LOGO? depends what it was like

SHOULD THEY HAVE A STAND AT THE TRADE SHOWS? yes - it shows they are part of the nail industry - a chance for us to see what we are a part of

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEW CODE OF PRACTICE? ???

HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE? - ant needs a website. Needs to contact its members regulary with newsletters containing ant news, industry news etc, more benefits to its members

michelle-d said:
i was really dis-satisfied when i joined my certificate is a photcopy with my name scrawled on it and i would not put it on the wall as it is horrible.
my insurance certificate was like that i dunno why, last yr it was okay- i hope people dont think its a fake or anything :confused:

Sassy Hassy said:
I agree with all that has gone before, especially Cathie. I too feel that all I get is a coaster, pen and certificate .... oh yeah and Pn which is always late anyway.

lol Sarah you made me smile saying that it is always late....lol

i have to say i agee with Cathie and Sarah etc.... too

i must be mad tho as ive just renewed my membership.....i guess im just hoping things will improve :rolleyes:
:right: more ant in the press and a reg newsletter, telling us all abt the industry and whats going on....maybe in our own areas too... website would be good too... hey we are internet junkies.....lol

Jess
xox

I am very concerned by this thread - everyone is being very negative about ANT and I am afraid that it will go the way of INA. I wonder how many of you actually ever spoke to Julie Day previously about ANT. It is about more than what ANT can do for us nail techs surely it needs to be a two way street and if all we want is to pay money and get everything then it will never work. An Association is only worth having if we work from both sides in a constructive manner rather only judging them on the fact their magazine is late or the girl on the phone does not have all the answers.

The changeover was only a few months ago and we cannot expect miracles overnight. If we do not support ANT initially to help the relaunch then we might as well give up on having any Association. Look at the long term not just the short term, please.

Hi Fiona, I can see what you are saying but if we all sat here and said yeah great, no probs then nothing would change. I wasn't even written to to let me know they had changed hands. It took me ages to find their new number so that I could renew my membership because unlike previous years they didn't let me know it was time to renew and send the forms to do it.We may be all be being negative but it is because we feel we are not getting value for money. Yeah they may be undergoing changes but wouldn't it be nice for them to let us know rather than letting us sit in the dark? JMHO

I hope this isn't too negative, I'm giving my honest opinion, but I must admit, I've not had much chance to contact the ANT myself since joining.

I also think it's just a pen (arrived cracked by the way), NO coaster included with mine, and a magazine and certificate.

Not if things don't improve, sorry

The coaster would've been nice, otherwise, it's ok!

It's a bit small, the only reactions I've had to it were "what does it say, I can't read it" and "why do you like ants!"

That would be very nice thank you.

Definitely would be good if Josephine Public knew about it more.

Maybe, if people could tell that it's about nails & not creepy crawlies!

YES YES YES!!!

? Dunno anything about it, guess I should get reading!

HOW CAN THE ANT IMPROVE?
Regular newsletters definitely, let me know who does training in my area, would like to advertise on their group YP ad at a dicscounted rate if I knew how, basically, communication!

Also, maybe setting up regular regional meetings would be a good thing in the future, if there were enough members (something in Norfolk/Suffolk would be great, everything (not just nails - EVERYTHING!) seems to bypass us here! We're that extra bit sticking out the side of the country, if anyone was wondering!!!)

Another thing I just thought of, maybe a members list of your area of the country, so you can set up your own meetings or talk with others!

Hiya,

Just wanderd if anything had happened with ANT has i have not heard anything for a while!!!!

I was a member, but not anymore, but i would like to be.

Amanda

Hmmmmm - this is interesting!
I am in agreement with the others....I feel ANT does not offer me what I believe a professional association should.
The thing that concerned me most was I was not informed when my membership ran out! Looking through my certificates one day and realised I was out of date! also I still pay full price for PN/Nails subscription which I was under the impression it was included in the membership price (Could someone let me know???) I do feel quite disillusioned with it and am considering not renewing next year.
Sorry for the negative but that is my honest opinion. I am with BABTAC who send me regular magazines and offer excellent customer service - something i am happy to pay for.

Clare

PS My October issue of PN arrived 25th October.

I'm not a member of ANT and never have been so cannot comment on what it has to offer but.....................

how does your insurance stand if you have it with ANT and your membership has run out? I'm sure you are all on top of this but just wanted to remind those with this insurance

Marian

Latest posts

Back