Anti-ageing Skin Care for combination skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouge

Reaction score
Well, I'm getting to that terrible time of life when I feel the need to start using anti-ageing skin care.:eek::cry: But why oh why do all skin care manufacturers seem to think that any skin that isn't fresh, youthful and under 30 must be dry? I cannot find a good anti-ageing moisturiser that will cater for combination skin, they are all so rich and concentrated that my skin just gets really congested. I'm getting a bit fed up with spending out on products that I end up throwing away.

Has anybody got any suggestions please? I'd prefer a professional brand if at all possible.

Many thanks, oh geeky ones! :hug:

Dermalogicas new Age Smart range?

Try the Age Smart Map-15 Regenerator, haven't used it myself yet, but have read great reviews about it.

theraderm daily skin renewal system its works wonders for my skin

Thanks for your replies.

Try the Age Smart Map-15 Regenerator, haven't used it myself yet, but have read great reviews about it.
Is this specifically for combination skin? This is where my problem is, you see. I've tried lots of creams which supposedly suit all skin types, but it seems to be all skin types except mine! :)

Hello Rouge, have you considered Environ? Might be worth having a visit from a rep.

As long as your moisturising and wearing a SPF minimum of 15 everyday and having regular facials, either done by yourself or a therapist then you dont need an anti-aging cream per se.

There is no such thing as an 'anti ageing cream'. Anti ageing is a combination of good genes, sun awareness, cleanisng efficiently to remove bacteria etc and moisturising with a good cream to suit your skin type. Look for products that contain Vitamins as they help to keep your skin alive.

The most important thing is keeping your face out of the sun as this is the most ageing as it drys out your skin, causes pigmentation and destroys collagen and elsatin. If you smoke - quit! Your skin needs fresh oxygenated blood to help keep your cells alive and generating. Smoking reduces the oxygen levels in your blood and kills the elastin and collagen cells in your skin. It also creates lines around your mouth from the puffing action.

Finally drink water as this is excellent for healthy skin and body too.

Don't think because you hit 30 you need to start anti ageing creams. Preventation of againg starts with good skin care routines from an early age.

Kate

As long as your moisturising and wearing a SPF minimum of 15 everyday and having regular facials, either done by yourself or a therapist then you dont need an anti-aging cream per se.

There is no such thing as an 'anti ageing cream'. Anti ageing is a combination of good genes, sun awareness, cleanisng efficiently to remove bacteria etc and moisturising with a good cream to suit your skin type. Look for products that contain Vitamins as they help to keep your skin alive.

The most important thing is keeping your face out of the sun as this is the most ageing as it drys out your skin, causes pigmentation and destroys collagen and elsatin. If you smoke - quit! Your skin needs fresh oxygenated blood to help keep your cells alive and generating. Smoking reduces the oxygen levels in your blood and kills the elastin and collagen cells in your skin. It also creates lines around your mouth from the puffing action.

Finally drink water as this is excellent for healthy skin and body too.

Don't think because you hit 30 you need to start anti ageing creams. Preventation of againg starts with good skin care routines from an early age.

Kate

Thanks for the comprehensive advice Kate! I'm quite a few years past 30 but I do look young for my age, I have never and will never smoke and I do drink lots of water. I also have a good skin care routine (I'm currently using Decleor) and I tend to avoid the sun if at all possible because I'm fair skinned and burn really quickly. I love the Decleor products and they're really good for my skin - I hardly have any blemishes any more - but I am starting to notice the signs of ageing now, hence this thread.

Hello Rouge, have you considered Environ? Might be worth having a visit from a rep.
Hi Zo Zo. Do you have an official web address for them? I'd like to see if I can find a local stockist so I can maybe have a consultation.

Hi Zo Zo. Do you have an official web address for them? I'd like to see if I can find a local stockist so I can maybe have a consultation.

It's www.iiaa.eu

Not sure their website has a 'find a therapist' page but they are pretty good if you email or ring

Which range do you use in the salon ? Do they have anything suitable ?

I would also reccommend the Dermalogica AgeSmart range. The moisturiser is perfect for an oily/combination skins as it is so lightweight unlike some anti ageing moisturisers.

This is a link to the moisturiser but I would definetly reccommend getting some samples from your local stockist dermalogica.com--Dermalogica's official home page

Its been a longtime since I trained with Decleor but I think they have two versions of the vitaroma (assuming its still called that) moisturiser and I remember that being quite light whilst also being anti ageing. Which one do you use ?

It's www.iiaa.eu

Not sure their website has a 'find a therapist' page but they are pretty good if you email or ring
Thanks very much, I'll do that tomorrow. :hug:

Which range do you use in the salon ? Do they have anything suitable ?

I would also reccommend the Dermalogica AgeSmart range. The moisturiser is perfect for an oily/combination skins as it is so lightweight unlike some anti ageing moisturisers.

This is a link to the moisturiser but I would definetly reccommend getting some samples from your local stockist dermalogica.com--Dermalogica's official home page

Its been a longtime since I trained with Decleor but I think they have two versions of the vitaroma (assuming its still called that) moisturiser and I remember that being quite light whilst also being anti ageing. Which one do you use ?
I'll try and get a sample of the AgeSmart one then, and give it a try. I get a bit paranoid with new moisturisers, I've had some real problems in the past.
At the moment I'm using the Decleor Aroma Purete matt finish skin fluid with the ylang ylang facial oil in the morning, and the ylang ylang night balm at night. I'll check out about the vitaroma as well. Many thanks for the info Bombini.

Maybe add in a serum from a range but stick with what otherwise suits you.

Try a range such as MD Formulations, Environ, DMK or Karin Herzog. All great for the prevention of blemishes and great for helping with fine lines.

A good facial once a month that has a peeling effect os also fab as well as a session under a blue LED light once a week.

Kate

Hi hun, decleor is a fab and luxury product. I am decleor trained and love the whole experience for the client and the therapist that the decleor faciel gives, but i am not now a huge fan simply because of the problems i have incured. yes the product goes along way and contains the puriest of essential oils which unlike some moisturisers does not just sit on the surface of the skin but penetrates as deep as the dermis providing a constant drip feed and treatment to the skin. My issue with the product is although should not be has coursed quite a few reactions with my clients. Also hubby who is prone to break outs and gets very sore after shaving had a major break out with these products. He has always suffered with spots has been on tablets creams from doctors. But you now what when we met lori and collin at the show they showed us the clear it bottle they recommend for break outs after waxing. Well u can imagine hubbys face he had to have it, so i bought five bottles, one for trolly one for hubby and two for reatail, which that reminds me need to place an order very soon as sold out. Clear it has made a huge change for hubby and me if i am honest when i am pre menstral every household should have some of this and it smells like lemon curd it gorgeouse. Any way back to question, personally i love bruno vassari, it is a wonderfull product, smells fresh, cleans the skin fantastically and firms. If u can try this product i am sure u will love it and the packaging is rather nice to hth hun xxxx

Ps if you would like to try a sample hun, i am more than happy to send you some t see if it suits you and your skin. Pm me your address if you would like me to hun.

Thank you so much for your replies, everyone. I think I'm going to have to get some samples to try, that should keep me going for a while!

Gillian w, what a fab idea, why didn't I think of that? :smack: I must be having a numpty day.

Jenny2, thanks for the reply, but it's not the breakouts that are the problem now, the Decleor has been wonderful for balancing my skin out, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind for future reference. :hug:

Thanks everyone!

Hey I just thought im sure there is a geek that stocks Decleor on here (think its Martin ?) He would be able to advise you on which products to change within the Decleor range.

I think you would probably benefit from continuing with Decleor but just amending some of the products, I would change the moisturiser to something more anti ageing and add in one of the masks but continue using the arommessence and night balm (again maybe change 1 of them to the neroli?) If Martin isn't the geek im thinking of then best bet would be getting down to your local salon or beautyguru now works with Decleor. hths :)

I do indeed stock Decleor! You could try Expression De L'Age, which is their 30-40 (ish) anti-ageing moisturiser. It's basically Vitaroma but with extra ingredients besides the Bio-Retinol, such as hibiscus extract, which has a 'relaxant' effect on expression. I personally find the Expression texture very light & suits the majority of skin types, one can adapt it to their skin type by altering the aromessence & balm (in your case perhaps carry on with the Ylang Ylang & introduce the Expression as your moisturiser). That's the best I can do without seeing the skin!

Thanks guys. Martin, can I just check I've got the right one, is it this one? DECLOR UK / Expression De L?Age
It's a lot of money to spend on the wrong product, which would be typical of me. :)

Latest posts

Back