Any ideas to help my poorly toddler?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think bev rose was being too harsh. we are told on this site not to give advice on hair and beauty if we are not qualified, so it would be a definite no-no to give advice on medication! having said that i think the original post came over all wrong. if it's over-the-counter remedies you are after then you should have a word with the chemist-they have the same training as doctors and will be more qualified to answer your question. people have said what remedies they have used but you should still check with a chemist or your GP. it's not worth risking a child's health by giving them medication that someone told you worked for them. always check with a GP. hope he gets better soon :)

To get temperatures down, in addition to all the other remedies, you can use a fan blowing over the child. If you don't have a fan, use a hairdyer if it has a cold setting.

Hope your little boy gets better soon and the doc gives him something he can take. xx

Sorry to hear about your little one

Hope he is better soon

i don't think bev rose was being too harsh. we are told on this site not to give advice on hair and beauty if we are not qualified, so it would be a definite no-no to give advice on medication! having said that i think the original post came over all wrong. if it's over-the-counter remedies you are after then you should have a word with the chemist-they have the same training as doctors and will be more qualified to answer your question. people have said what remedies they have used but you should still check with a chemist or your GP. it's not worth risking a child's health by giving them medication that someone told you worked for them. always check with a GP. hope he gets better soon :)

I think we all knew where she was coming from and moved on.

Can we not keep going over the same thing again and again.x :hug:

Things typed on here can read a total different way to what we mean and i think this is just another example. x

i was merely posting because i wanted to make sure that people always check with their GP before buying remedies recommended by someone. the original poster put 'i am shooting down to boots to get some now'. i was just worried that people would read this post and go and buy things without asking first. aston and parsons contains matricaria which some people have had allergic reactions to. just because something is classed as herbal does not mean it is completely safe and that anyone can take it. i was not singling out the original poster. i just want people to be aware. this post has genuinely worried me.

i was merely posting because i wanted to make sure that people always check with their GP before buying remedies recommended by someone. the original poster put 'i am shooting down to boots to get some now'. i was just worried that people would read this post and go and buy things without asking first. aston and parsons contains matricaria which some people have had allergic reactions to. just because something is classed as herbal does not mean it is completely safe and that anyone can take it. i was not singling out the original poster. i just want people to be aware. this post has genuinely worried me.

Yes i understand what your saying...I didnt tell her to buy them i suggested them.

I know I would always check with the pharmacy first before buying things..and the pharmacy always ask is your child allergic blah blah.

Just to add all children are probably allergic to something in medicines mine for instance is allergic to Ibuprofen

Just dont shoot people dont for suggesting things and saying shes going to boots to buy some!

I'm sure she is a capable mother and would check before buying anything.

I think this thread is going to end up going the wrong way,so I'll say no more in it.

*SITS ERE AND WONDERS HOW HER CHILDREN REACHED THE AGES THEY HAVE*:eek:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Update is we have been to the doctor - it was a locum as my usual doc was off ill - who wasn't overly concerned and said it was a 'virus' and to keep him cool and plenty of drinks. He suggested Calpol to get his temperature down and when we explained they all make him sick he gave us a prescription for paracetomol suppositories :eek: We have just got back home so havent had the honour of administering his medication yet, but hope that should do the trick.

I enquired about the cooling powder this morning but they didnt have any so he was just kept stripped to a t shirt and nappy and seems to have perked up quite a bit.

I will definately try the steamy bathroom method for a bunged up nose Tonilee - but i will wait until his temperature has settled. He doesnt like lollies yet but he has been drinking juice with ice in which he has enjoyed.

I like to think I'm pretty thorough and vigilant with my kids and wouldnt hesitate to take them down to GP if they are unwell and wouldnt start dishing out meds i know nothing about without getting medical advise first. This really was just an innocent thread to find out if any other mums on here had any ideas that I might not have thought of to make him more comfortable - but definately not a substitute for medical advise.

Anyway if you notice that i have been posting at 3am tomorrow morning then Alfie and I will have been back on the sofa with Balamory or Big cook little cook continuously replaying and the laptop balanced on the arm of the sofa! x :hug:

paracetamol suppositories.... doctor got there first with that one..

That is what i was about to suggest, not a pleasant job, but we are parents and sometimes we gotta do, what we gotta do.

Good luck with em... they do work

Glad it's not too serious Rosey, thats great.

I remember being given pain releif that way after I had had a cesarian! It works & quick.

Bless him, I'm sure he'll feel better after one of those.

Latest posts

Back