Any make up advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkler

Reaction score
i am a salon geek virgin and in need of some advise!
this is my quiery, i am starting up as a mobile therapist and would like to have a make up range but not sure which one to choose as there is so much choice. Also wondering if anyone has used airbrushing for make-up, from what ive seen it seems to leave a great finish.
hope you can help x

Hi
I have recently purchased Barbara Bort Make up from Sophie at Sparkle Cosmetics.(having sampled/tried numerous others!) The products are of a really good quality at reasonable prices. There is no minimum order and if you give Sophie a call on 0161 610 2022 she can help you decide what you need. I am loving there new sparkly lipstick and summer eyeshadow!
hth
Loo

i just got back from artdeco make up training and I have to say it was FAB!!! the minerals are gorgeous, there is a massive range of colours, and the customer services is really good. I had the rep out before booking and she got me a great deal with money off training and free products for my kit. You dont have to do their training but I am glad i did i feel super confident and there were only 3 of us training. They take you into the storeroom and its like makeup paradise hehe, must say i did end up spending a little bit more but im confident it will retail well and great prices to get started.

hi geeks
thanks for your help. ive been on the vani-t website the products look great. i really like the fact the products are all natural but cant find a uk contact, do you know of one?
thanks again for the help xxx

hi geeks
thanks for your help. ive been on the vani-t website the products look great. i really like the fact the products are all natural but cant find a uk contact, do you know of one?
thanks again for the help xxx

Hiya

Contact Planet Blue 02087430666. They will put you in touch with a rep xx
Posted via Mobile Device

You dont always have to stick to a certain brand of make up unless you want to retail.

Im gradually building up my make up range and using/intending to use: mac, channel, dior etc

hths x

i just got back from artdeco make up training and I have to say it was FAB!!! the minerals are gorgeous, there is a massive range of colours, and the customer services is really good. I had the rep out before booking and she got me a great deal with money off training and free products for my kit. You dont have to do their training but I am glad i did i feel super confident and there were only 3 of us training. They take you into the storeroom and its like makeup paradise hehe, must say i did end up spending a little bit more but im confident it will retail well and great prices to get started.

That back room is brill isant it? :)

amazing i wanted everything, hehe, its dangerous. i just want to go back now lol xxx

HIYA
thanks for your advise i will be making appiontments with artdeco and vani-t. how would you rate the vani-t tan, cant believe im even thinking of it i love fake bake but after reading everyone reveiws on here i think its worth looking at. i think its one of the few tans i havnt tried yet xxx

HIYA
thanks for your advise i will be making appiontments with artdeco and vani-t. how would you rate the vani-t tan, cant believe im even thinking of it i love fake bake but after reading everyone reveiws on here i think its worth looking at. i think its one of the few tans i havnt tried yet xxx

Hi again x
Vani-t tan is fab. My customers love the smell, colour, fade and the fact it is 100% natural and organic. Its the only one on the market that is. A lot say they are organic and they can if they only have 1 organic ingrediant, but vani-t is 100%.the retail products are amazing, love the body shampoo, my customers buy loads as it makes their tan last longer, its got no sls in it. Smells fab too xxx hth
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Sparkler

I sent an email to Art Deco this morning and Hayley has already rang me back to discuss their courses etc.

She is emailing some information through to me. The only downside is that you have to go to Liverpool for the training which is quite far away for me but she said that there is a b&b we can use for £35 a night which isn't bad!

Jackie x

hi Jackie,

that sounds great I'd like to do some training to brush up on my technique. art deco are sending me an info pack which after seeing there website I'm very excited about. I'm seeing a vani-t rep tomorrow for make-up and tanning, things seem to be coming together for me. its so hard setting up as there are so many companies. so thanks for all your help. let me know how you get on!

Gemma x

I haven't used air brush makeup but have seen it demoed by Anne Swain. At Aspley Guese MK you're right, the finish is amazing. Violet Star will have her contact details if you want them. She is one of their spay tan trainers (couture)

You dont always have to stick to a certain brand of make up unless you want to retail.

Im gradually building up my make up range and using/intending to use: mac, channel, dior etc

hths x

Snap, I stock all different types of make up in my kit....Benefit, Mac and good old No7 being my favourites

i too am still trying to build up my kit - its taking forever and a day, but will be worth it in the end!

these are my preferences for various cosmetic products, HTH

concealers: bobbi brown & laura mercier
bases : chanel & MAC
powders: bobbi brown & benefit
eye shadows: MAC & bobbi brown
eyeliner pencils : clarins
gel liners : bobbi brown
mascara : dior & lancome
blushers: bobbi brown, nars, mac
highlighter: nars
lipsticks : mac & clinique
lipgloss : mac , dior & bobbi brown