Any nail geeks use ABT insurers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I learn shellac then offer gelish do I have to have training in both??

I think it can be separated into two ways of thinking. It may not be necessary to have the training in order to perform the treatment, but obviously beneficial to your knowledge.

But, your insurance company may require the certificates in the systems that you offer. Therefore it would become a necessity. So, it's a question for your insurance company.

HTH

Just had a look at abt website and it says scratch is free for both types of insurance!

Im with ABT and recently renewed to the full insurance. I don't get sent scratch anymore it's guild news magazine. I did ask if I could still receive scratch but was told I couldn't.

I am with ABT for the nails cover, and should get Scratch magazine with this.

I already subscribe to Scratch but was prepared to get 2 copies for a few months until my own subscription ran out. However I am still only receiving 1, I chased it up with ABT and the attitude was a bit negative, in that I should be happy that I am getting a copy.

However on point of principle I feel I am not getting the free subscription they advertise. and am not happy !!

Regarding Gelish and other Gel polishes I feel if you are qualified in /gel Nail enhancements and in manicures then you really should be covered for them as there is nothing new you learn really to be able to carry out this treatment, and training for them is not compulsory.

I await Nicole333's update with interest !!

I already subscribe to Scratch but was prepared to get 2 copies for a few months until my own subscription ran out. However I am still only receiving 1, I chased it up with ABT and the attitude was a bit negative, in that I should be happy that I am getting a copy.

However on point of principle I feel I am not getting the free subscription they advertise. and am not happy !!

Regarding Gelish and other Gel polishes I feel if you are qualified in /gel Nail enhancements and in manicures then you really should be covered for them as there is nothing new you learn really to be able to carry out this treatment, and training for them is not compulsory.

I thought exactly this too, when I renewed and she asked if I was doing anything new I said no, only Gelish, thinking this wouldnt be a problem, was quite surprised when she asked me to send in my certificate, that I havnt got!!

With ALL insurance companies, you should always check what qualifications you are required to hold. Each company will have a slightly different policy, so never assume you are covered for something, always check with the insurers themselves.

With ALL insurance companies, you should always check what qualifications you are required to hold. Each company will have a slightly different policy, so never assume you are covered for something, always check with the insurers themselves.

Absolutely, lesson learnt!

Im with ABT and recently renewed to the full insurance. I don't get sent scratch anymore it's guild news magazine. I did ask if I could still receive scratch but was told I couldn't.

Thats very strange because on website it says you get both with all policies! Maybe it's only of you do it online?!

No you dont get both. It is matter of interpretation. ie how each person reads into it. I was mislead too. I even asked at the ABT stand at the show and the lady there said I would only get the Guild mag. I asked if we could swap to having the Scratch because the Guild isnt much use to me and she said no.

It is silly, just because I do eyebrows and lashes doesnt mean that I am completely 100% interested in just beauty. I mainly do nails so I want Scratch as I use this for ideas, research, info etc etc. There is nothing in the Guild that will help me or my business.

I will be looking at other insurers again next year when it is due for renewal as the offer of Scratch subscription saving me money is the only reason I went with ABT.

I was with ABT but decided not to renew. They want certifiates in minx, shellac, vajazzles, they don't insure you to do treatment's on under 16's, would need a certificate in hollywood and brazilian waxing where as two other big insurane companies I would n't need all these certificates to get insurance with them.

You have to look into what cover you need and what insurance companies have to offer.

I was with ABT but decided not to renew. They want certifiates in minx, shellac, vajazzles, they don't insure you to do treatment's on under 16's, would need a certificate in hollywood and brazilian waxing where as two other big insurane companies I would n't need all these certificates to get insurance with them.

You have to look into what cover you need and what insurance companies have to offer.

I called them to double check on waxing a girl under 16 and they said that was fine as long as her parent/guardian was present and they signed the consent form, maybe that has changed since you were with them?

Who would those companies be? I don't want to hold off offering Shellac/Gelish until I can get courses booked!

I called them to double check on waxing a girl under 16 and they said that was fine as long as her parent/guardian was present and they signed the consent form, maybe that has changed since you were with them?

It was a year ago I asked them

Who would those companies be? I don't want to hold off offering Shellac/Gelish until I can get courses booked!

The guild and BABTAC! I was ringing round a year ago sorting it out, all you need is your manicure and pedicure certificates!

Ditto - I too subscribe to Scratch independently and have not received a 2nd copy via ABT. I'm not too fussed just yet but i'm sure i will be in a few months once my current subscription runs out.....

Hello - I'm new to SG :) I've just signed up with ABT and it's been okay so far. I also subscribed to Scratch prior to realising I'd get a free copy with my insurance - or maybe I won't from what you guys are saying?! I wonder if Scratch know that ABT are not sending out the magazines...that's a lot of lost advertisting for them...

The guild and BABTAC! I was ringing round a year ago sorting it out, all you need is your manicure and pedicure certificates!

Thanks kezza, I'll have a look at what they both offer, cover wise and take it from there. Next year I wont need to worry, as I'll have Gelish and Shellac certs under my belt by then. :cool:

Hi Geeks

Just a quick one to say that I emailed ABT with regards to Minx and after a little toing and froing I have now had it confirmed in writing (via email) that Minx is covered under my mani and pedi cert and a note has been put on my policy to that effect.
I am not sure if this would be the same outcome for Shellac as I already have my certificate for Shellac on my policy however current policy holders I would contact ABT and get something in writing.

Love n hugs xxx

Latest posts

Back