Any Plans for Bio Gel Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyhands

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Bio Sculpture are planning to bring out a gel polish?
:lol:

Is the such thing as a gel polish?

Why would they?? Bio It is a brush on gel anyway!! I use calgel and it is basically the same system has bio...

Last edited:
Shellac isn't a gel

I know its a brush on gel, I just wondered if anyone knew if they were going to bring out a thinner gel polish in a bottle as seems to be the trend with so many coming onto the market recently.

Shellac isn't a gel

True shellac is not a gel. But both calgel and bio r a brush on gel, and soak off. On overlays you apply like a polish. It is thin with no damage to the natural nail if used correctly. So that's why I think this is why neither of these 2 companies will fetch an hybrid polish..

i believe there is a BIG difference between Shellac and Bio/calgel

How long does Bio take to soak off? over 30-40 mins!!
You infill bio,
it comes in a pot with a brush,
you buff the natural nail before application.

Shellac is a Power polish, it comes in a bottle like nail polish,
you remove it (in 10mins) and reply not infill like polish!
You dont buff the natural nail before application

So its a totally different product!

All the company's are jumping on the band wagon so they could be, who knows? why not get the original Power polish the first and in my opinion the best, product out there! why wait for other company's to come up with something 'like Shellac'

Why is everyone going on about Shellac????

This was a just a quick question to find out if anyone knew Bio's plans with regard to the gel polish trend, and immediately it gets hijacked with the boring old Shellac debate is it a gel or a polish - who cares!!!

AmeliaR I think you've got Bio sculpture confused with a different company, it soaks off in 15 minutes and we never buff the natural nail this is the whole point in bio sculpture gel it doesn't damage the natural nail as it has a strengthen treatment applied under the gel and most salons don't infill bio. Heavenly hands we were talking about shellac because Snaz said bio sculpture was the same as shellac so were entitled to give our opinion

Why would they there are now hundreds of hybrid gel/polishes.I am still getting clients that need the strength of Calgel as a gel polish does not give them the strength they need.Calgel and bio are unique in their own right and are still great products.They are not atanding still they are still upping their game.

I have now experienced Bio and love it too.It most certainly does not take 30 minutes to soak off (its 15) and the natural nail does not have to be buffed i dont buff the natural nail with Calgel anymore and have no problems and i also rarely infil.

Shellac is wonderful but i wish people would stop trying to put down other products in comparison especially when the comparison is not true.

They are not even supposed to be the same thing so why bring Shellac into every gel thread its maddening.

Ive actually not lost any of my clients to the new gel polishes although many have tried them and that includes the non gel polish Shellac.Which is why i haven't taken them on board.

My maximum soak-off time for BioSculpture is 15 minutes! Fab product and can be as thin as any of the brush-on products depending on how the technician applies it. Great selection of colours too. I continue to use BioSculpture even though I have a wide selection of Gelish and Shellac colours. They are all great depending on the needs and requirements of the client.

Same here, bio comes off quickly, they don't advocate infills anymore and buffing the natural nail is a no no

Can you use tips and overlay with Bio, or is it just for overlays and sculpting?

Yes you can use tips and then overlay.

Jacqui xx

Heavenly Hands, there is nothing on the Bio website indicating they intend to bring out a 'thinner' version in the style of let's say 'Gelish' for example.

I can't think why they would want to but you never know.

And as you have put the thought in my head I will be asking them the next time I call and place an order.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back