Anyone do anything exciting over weekend? I did!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicjill

Reaction score
On saturday I threw myself out of a plane at 10,000ft... with a parachute of course!

It's something I've been wanting to do for ages but never had the guts to go for. I bought a voucher for my bf to do it for Christmas and figured as I was going to watch, I may as well join in! I was so nervous all morning but when I got there I was nowhere near as nervous as I expected. In fact, I wasn't scared in the plane going up or even as I was freefalling, I guess I didn't have time to think about it! It's really calm once the parachute opens and you are floating down looking at the view.

The question is now, how do I top that? Surely falling through the air at 10,000ft is as extreme as it gets without actually risking death or serious injury!

What is the most thrilling thing you have ever done?

Ermmmm... am I sad for saying the rides at Alton Towers? :green:

I did a Bungee in the Aquarium bar in Faliraki.... which was only tiny and I was drunk at the time...

i did a bungee in ibiza

it was fab

eating a mars bar nougat side first and leaving the toffee bit till last!!

Ive been in a glider and a hot air balloon.

I did a tandem skydive from 12,000 ft - I was bricking it I can tell you...... Earned me lots of 'being brave' brownie points, lol!!!!

ok so maybe i need to re-think my life!! ha ha closest ive came to doing anything like thats probably the rides at alton towers!! think i'd be too scared to do s skydive i'm a big scaredy cat!

well done for doing that though you must've been chuffed to bits and it would be a great feeling on the way down i bet! knowing my luck i'd end up tripping up on the way out, getting stuck and dangling from underneath the helicopter!

The most thrilling thing I have ever done is, packing my ex-hubbys clothes in bin bags, changing the locks, leaving a note on the door saying "You dont live here anymore and then buggering off to Cornwall for a quick getta away lol.....
I took my life in my own hands that time, a bit like free falling and hoping the chute would open......

My exciting weekend activity this week was going to the dungeons in york lol,
i would like to do a parachute jump but i would really really like to do a wing walk, that is my ambition at the mo
i will get around to doing it but i want to be able to raise money for a charity when i do it :hug:

Well done Nichola, good for you!

I did a parachute jump a fair few years ago, and it's a great feeling. Unfortunately my bf at the time didn't enjoy it quite so much, he broke his ankle!!

I am supposed to be booking to go hang gliding this year, but i want to do a tandem one, my poor ol'd bones are far to old to risk breaking, lol!

This weekend just gone, i ran the race for life, and actually suprised my self by 'running' it, well jogging then!

Like the idea of the wing walking Loubylou. keep us informed if you do get around to doing it. x

Nothing exciting for me im afraid.

Spent most of my weekend fretting as my youngest drove to london for the santa-pod meeting (vauxhall show) he phoned once there then again before he set of home the following day.

I was so pleased to see him home yesterday teatime in one piece, needless to say it didnt stay like that!

He got a shower set off out to meet up with his mates but only 5 mins after leaving the house i got a phone call to say he was involved in a car crash :eek:

I drove like a maniac to the roundabout where the acident had happened to be met by his car smashed up and facing the opposite way after the car that hit him sent him spinning round.

Apart from been very shaken and slight neck pain and a headache whith hitting his head on the window he was fine, unfortunatley his car is a write off.

Then they wonder why i worry when they go out :irked:

Well done.
No... I just got rat*rsed as per usual:)

well done you , ive always wanted to do a parachute jump, but i think i would back out at last minute!!
was it tandem?

well done you , ive always wanted to do a parachute jump, but i think i would back out at last minute!!
was it tandem?

Yes it was a tandem jump, there's no way I was relying on myself to pull the parachute! Cool thing is that you can jump from 3 or 4 times the height if you do a tandem rather than static line and you don't need to worry about chickening out, the instructor doesn't give you time, you are out that door and several thousand feet down before you realise you've left the plane! :lol:

I also have no sense of direction so I'd probably land in a bush rather than the field I was meant to :irked:

BF now wants to jump by himself but I don't think I would. I would definitely jump again, but only tandem.

DVD arrived today but I haven't dared watch it, the still photos were bad enough!

you could become a member of the mile high club....:rolleyes:......

I'm boring I just had a bbq...for my weekend:|

Latest posts

Back