Anyone else tried the new LED lamps yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shedunlop

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has tried the new LED lamps yet? I know Jessica have one for their GELeration as well as Nail Harmony for Gelish. I got mine last night and am absolutely in love with it. How is everyone else getting on?:green:

I will try the lamp today on myself. Can't wait :D

I got my lamp the other day and love it love it love it. It means I can do so many more clients in such a short space of time. I did my own nails so quickly my husband didn't notice I was even doing them :).

The lamp is an investment and once you see just how good it is you really can't be without it. I'm definitely not letting go of mine.

this lamp sounds fab do you have a link for it?

I went for the Jessica UV lamp, but am very tempted to get the new LED one - I think I was in one of my money conserving moods when I did my GELeration order! I reckon I'll have one by the time summers out!

I got my lamp the other day and love it love it love it. It means I can do so many more clients in such a short space of time. I did my own nails so quickly my husband didn't notice I was even doing them :).

The lamp is an investment and once you see just how good it is you really can't be without it. I'm definitely not letting go of mine.

Would this lamp cure Shellac does any one know?

No it won't as it is not a UV Lamp?

Maybe I'm thick ... MAYBE ... but I'd love someone to explain to me how this lamp can make the service time so much quicker, when the lamp has to wait for YOU to apply the gel colour??

I can see where it would be great for doing one finger for demos etc at shows, but for instance ... Shellac base coat cures in 10 seconds in the UV Lamp ..... My clients have to wait for me to apply base coat to the other hand (because I don't apply base coat to all five nails in 10 seconds). So if it takes me 2 minutes to apply colour to 5 nails, how is curing it for 10 seconds or 30 seconds going to speed up my service as the client will have to wait for me for 2 minutes anyway .. until I get to the very last coat and even then it will only speed up the service on the very last hand that I do and not both?

I would love the advantage of quick curing for demos for sure for sure, but this is life in the nail salon we are talking about. Someone explain to me where exactly this lamp with its quick curing time will benefit me financially in he nail salon? Where will it save me money or make me the money that it costs to buy it?

I went for the Jessica UV lamp, but am very tempted to get the new LED one - I think I was in one of my money conserving moods when I did my GELeration order! I reckon I'll have one by the time summers out!

You really must get the LED lamp, you will find it totally amazing and it will increase profitability without a doubt. :green:

Sorry Jen, it won't cure Shellac. Shellac needs it's own lamp or the Brisa as has been said here before I think and the LED lamps will only cure products developed to be cured by them. :green:

Maybe I'm thick ... MAYBE ... but I'd love someone to explain to me how this lamp can make the service time so much quicker, when the lamp has to wait for YOU to apply the gel colour??

I can see where it would be great for doing one finger for demos etc at shows, but for instance ... Shellac base coat cures in 10 seconds in the UV Lamp ..... My clients have to wait for me to apply base coat to the other hand (because I don't apply base coat to all five nails in 10 seconds). So if it takes me 2 minutes to apply colour to 5 nails, how is curing it for 10 seconds or 30 seconds going to speed up my service as the client will have to wait for me for 2 minutes anyway .. until I get to the very last coat and even then it will only speed up the service on the very last hand that I do and not both?

I would love the advantage of quick curing for demos for sure for sure, but this is life in the nail salon we are talking about. Someone explain to me where exactly this lamp with its quick curing time will benefit me financially in he nail salon? Where will it save me money or make me the money that it costs to buy it?

It does make the service quicker especially when you apply opaque (?) dark colour which needs a least 3 min to cure under UV lamp.
I've used UV lamp before getting LED lamp. It took me 45 min instead 1.5 h to apply gelish using LED lamp.
Besides it look really cool on the table ;):green:

I can remember having this conversation when it was announced this lamp was to be released and the answer is the same as before.

For those of you who take a full 2 minutes to paint 5 nails then, of course, this lamp will not save you any time at all. For those of us who work faster than this then it will save us time and therefore money. We may not be able to apply colour in 30 seconds but certainly a lot faster than 2 minutes.

I have been in this industry 16 years and my bread and butter for a lot of those years has been manicures and extensions and I have always prided myself on my polish application. Some will not have as much experience so will not have that much benefit from the lamp in respect of the speed.

There is also the fact that the bulbs last for between 10,000 and 15,000 hours without replacement, when worked out into treatments this is around a lifetime of a therapist's work, they will grow tired of the lamp before the bulbs run out.

There are many reasons for this new technology.

I take it I was correct in stating that it will not cure Shellac, I wouldn't want to give out the wrong information and I am truly sorry if I have spoken out of turn. :green:

I don't have an LED lamp, but imagine it would save time not on the base coat or 1st coat of colour (for dark colours) but I do find myself applying Shellac and Gelish quicker than 2 minutes for 5 fingers. so for lighter colours, 2nd coat of dark colours and the top coat I do find myself finished painting and waiting for the timer to finish.

Financially, I suspect not requiring replacement bulbs over the LED's lifetime would possibly save money. This is an assumption though as I don't know how long my New CND lamp bulbs will last in comparison to an LED lamp.

I can remember having this conversation when it was announced this lamp was to be released and the answer is the same as before.

For those of you who take a full 2 minutes to paint 5 nails then, of course, this lamp will not save you any time at all. For those of us who work faster than this then it will save us time and therefore money. We may not be able to apply colour in 30 seconds but certainly a lot faster than 2 minutes.

I have been in this industry 16 years and my bread and butter for a lot of those years has been manicures and extensions and I have always prided myself on my polish application. Some will not have as much experience so will not have that much benefit from the lamp in respect of the speed.

There is also the fact that the bulbs last for between 10,000 and 15,000 hours without replacement, when worked out into treatments this is around a lifetime of a therapist's work, they will grow tired of the lamp before the bulbs run out.

There are many reasons for this new technology.

I take it I was correct in stating that it will not cure Shellac, I wouldn't want to give out the wrong information and I am truly sorry if I have spoken out of turn. :green:

I must have been typing as you posted Shedunlop xx

Sorry for the repeat xxx

Ah thanks for the replies.

It does take me a full two mins to paint one hand while the other is curing so it won't make my service any faster. I just wish I had the new Shellac lamp so I could do a full hand at a time instead of 4 fingers then the thumbs.

I will keep holding on for the shellac lamp to be back in stock.

I have an original Brisa lamp, which does the service ok .. but my bulbs constantly flicker during curing and it makes me feel that the layers won't be fully cured. :irked: I have replaced all the bulbs and it still does in now and again.

Ah thanks for the replies.

It does take me a full two mins to paint one hand while the other is curing so it won't make my service any faster. I just wish I had the new Shellac lamp so I could do a full hand at a time instead of 4 fingers then the thumbs.

I will keep holding on for the shellac lamp to be back in stock.

I have an original Brisa lamp, which does the service ok .. but my bulbs constantly flicker during curing and it makes me feel that the layers won't be fully cured. :irked: I have replaced all the bulbs and it still does in now and again.

No, you are right Jen, the new lamp will not save any time if it is taking you the full 2 minutes.

I am sure the new Shellac lamps will be here soon, I think they are expected any day from all accounts. :green:

I love the 5 finger cure on the new lamp :hug:

5 fingers at once?! damn, I can even save more time now, I completely forgot about it! :eek::green:

Thanks for the explanations.

I'm afraid to say that it does take me a full 2 minutes to paint 5 fingers perfectly on one hand (the first colour coat anyway) and I don't find I mind waiting a few seconds for the UV lamp if I've 'beaten it' as I'm probably using the time to put something out of the way or shaking the next bottle before use ... my lamp and I work pretty well in tune with each other. :green: I do love the five finger cure of the Shellac Lamp and besides that I have to use it as I use Shellac :lol: which is a good job as otherwise I would probably be pining to have the LED version. :lol: My Shellac service takes me (if I include removal time) about half an hour from start to finish (that is what we book) ... for me that is perfectly acceptable for a re-polish and mini manicure.

Latest posts

Back