Anyone ex Dermalogica... What do you use now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenbeautyroo

Reaction score
Hi
I've been seriously considering dumping Dermalogica for about a year.
Our facials have gone right down and we aren't retailing as much as I think the prices have gone crazy. But I have a few people who are loyal to Dermalogica so I am worried about losing the bit of Dermalogica clientele that we do have if I switch to another brand.
It's just scary as I have had them for 5 years also there is no other brand that jumps out at me.
If you have had Dermalogica before and left to go with another brand which one was it?? Interested to get the old brain ticking.
thanks

Hello Lauren
I'm not an ex Dermalogica user I'm afraid but I would like to recommend Collin Resultime to you. I first started with them (then known as GMCollin) nearly 20 years ago and I still exclusively use them today. I thoroughly recommend the excellent products, use them all myself, and the company's driven approach and customer service is absolutely 1st rate. Why not give them a call and see what you think?
Best regards, Danielle

Hi,

I can only comment from a client's point of view.

I used Dermalogica for YEARS but was finding it becoming more and more expensive. I tried other brands but always went back to Dermalogica as it definitely gave good results.

Then I switched to Eve Taylor. I can honestly I will never go back to Dermalogica. My skin is now better than it has been in years and is costing me about a third of the price. As a consumer it is everything I want. Effective results at an affordable price!

Just my opinion but I hope it has helped.

I've just emailed them, thank you. I think they may be more expensive than I am looking into right now tho, I will see.

Elliebee- What's so great about Eve Taylor. I have looked at them a few times. They are really different to Dermalogica.

I've just read that back- sounds a bit funny! Just curious that's why I'm asking. I can't make up my mind about them.

I used dermalogica in the salon i worked in and also on myself.. I wanted to take dermalogica to my beauty room with me but the amount of stock i had to have and the cost of starting up with it was crazy for me to even consider right now.. I too now use eve taylor and am very happy, such reasonable prices and no minimum order which was brilliant for me :)

Maybe ask for some samples and see what you think :)

Cat

Elliebee- What's so great about Eve Taylor. I have looked at them a few times. They are really different to Dermalogica.

Lauren,

I don't do any facial treatments so my opinion is purely as a consumer.

I love the products because they smell gorgeous and my skin has improved dramatically since I started using the products. They are also very reasonably priced compared to Dermalogica so, to me, it is a no brainer.

Better products, cheaper prices. Simples! :biggrin:

I also love their candles and aroma oils and use them in my salon & home. Lots of clients comment on the lovely smell when they enter the room.

I just don't want to clients to think I'm downgrading to a 'Lesser' range. I know it's not but people can be funny, then again if more people were buying/having the facials then I prob wouldn't be changing!!

Hi...I have just purchased the Eve Taylor range after alot of research on here and trying the samples. I don't know the in's and out but have been told by the company that they actually supply to dermalogica (not sure if it is ingredients/products), so there is definitely some cross over.

Matthew Taylor on here is an expert in Eve Taylor so it would be worth searching some of his threads. He also gave me some good advice.

Hope that helps.

Im suprised more people haven't commented as quite a lot of people said they had/were changing to a different brand due to all the price increases.

I changed from Dermalogica to Monu in December last year and despite being a bit apprehensive about 'downgrading' I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients and my retail has improved a lot ! Ive even had quite a few new facial clients from word of mouth due to changing ranges.

When you have a range in mind I would ask for a generous selection of samples to give to some of your clients and ask for their feedback. You could always slowly phase Dermalogica out, I originally planned to do this for any clients that didn't want to change to monu but everyone is happy with the new range so most of dermalogica got binned !!

I would imagine it's all about positioning with your clients. If you tell them that Dermalogica is becoming too expensive and leave it at that, they are likely to get the impression that whatever brand you get in is not going to be up to Dermalogica's performance levels.

However, if you say you're changing because you've trialled this product and found the results fantastic, better range, blah blah blah then most of them won't bat an eyelid and just get a really nice surprise when the RRP is given to them!

I've got 2 clients who are absolute Dermalogica stalwarts, so I buy small amounts in just for them and don't retail. However, they are both now starting to ask more questions about my other brands on offer so who knows....

I am a Dermalogica junkie 100% LOVE the stuff and I know its expensive but i'll pay it.
Eve taylor I find is alright but a lot of it smells very strong and some of your clients would hate that.
The spa I worked at got rid of Dermaloica for Decleor. They seem to be selling much more.

I just don't want to clients to think I'm downgrading to a 'Lesser' range. I know it's not but people can be funny, then again if more people were buying/having the facials then I prob wouldn't be changing!!

Hi hun, I'm at the research stage and have chatted to a few companies.
When I'm good to go I'm going with Jane Irdale, the sales rep for my area is lovely, when I spoke about setting up she suggested that I have an open evening, they bring all their product range plus staff to help, you invite your clients supply bubbly and nibbles, they do the face mapping etc and help your clients sort out what are the best products for them and send them on their way with samples to try at home.
That way the clients get to see how important to you they are and all their questions can be answered, including how well the company has trained you.
She said it's a very successful way to launch to your clients and they go to great lengths to protect you from competition, for example, if they find someone on the internet selling their products for less then the Jane Irdale price, that seller finds their account with Jane Irdale closed.
Hope this helps.

You will not be downgrading by going with Eve Taylor. The quality of the products are excellent while prices are "affordable" the reason being they have there own factory and make and package the products cutting out the middle man giving the benefit back to the therapist. They support the therapist by not selling below RRP online. They have always and continue to do so, make Dermalogicas additives.

You will not be downgrading by going with Eve Taylor. The quality of the products are excellent while prices are "affordable" the reason being they have there own factory and make and package the products cutting out the middle man giving the benefit back to the therapist. They support the therapist by not selling below RRP online. They have always and continue to do so, make Dermalogicas additives.

Completely agree with Mookie. I've been using Dermalogica products for 4 years and really struggled keeping my acne under control. I brought Eve Taylor into my salon in March and the difference in my skin is unbelievable, so much better!! Even my clients are commenting on it :) xx

I am a Dermalogica junkie 100% LOVE the stuff and I know its expensive but i'll pay it.
Eve taylor I find is alright but a lot of it smells very strong and some of your clients would hate that.
The spa I worked at got rid of Dermaloica for Decleor. They seem to be selling much more.

What do the eve taylor products smell like? I've got the aromatherapy essential oils from eve taylor but I've been considering using their facial products as well. I've been using clarins for the last 2 years (in the spa I work in) but they won't supply mobile :( it's a shame because I'm really attached to clarins now, the products smell great, they do what they're supposed to, the product ranges are extensive and most importantly the clients love them! Does anyone have any recommendations that might live up to the promise? At the moment I'm really close to going with gerards except they don't seem to be responding to my emails at the moment. x

What do the eve taylor products smell like? I've got the aromatherapy essential oils from eve taylor but I've been considering using their facial products as well. I've been using clarins for the last 2 years (in the spa I work in) but they won't supply mobile :( it's a shame because I'm really attached to clarins now, the products smell great, they do what they're supposed to, the product ranges are extensive and most importantly the clients love them! Does anyone have any recommendations that might live up to the promise? At the moment I'm really close to going with gerards except they don't seem to be responding to my emails at the moment. x

They smell great!!!
Some people on here are negative and say that theyre 'so fragranced' buy you must remember that they are blended to function rather than smell pretty! And that goes with all aromatherapy brands.... yes the smell is important and so a factor in their development, but its the synergy of what the oils do to funtion that is the main thing!

It is difficult if you are emotionally attatched to a brand to move away to another as youre gonna feel that anything but that brand falls short...
But its something you must accept if it cannot be!
Look at ET and any other brand with an open mind and see it for what it is in itself, dont compare them and enjoy all the good things about them!

I got my testers through the other and I gotta say I'm not really a huge fan of the smells. They were however the fastest to respond by far but I'm still waiting to see how well the products work :) I'll always give new products a fair chance, and I wouldn't say I'm 'emotionally' attached to clarins, lol, but they do have a very extensive range which work very well. Plus I am already trained with them so it would make life easier! But ah well... If only life were that simple :)

I don't think you can criticise Eve Taylor products for having fragrance. It is an aromatherapy range, its going to smell.

It is kind of like criticising us (Moor Spa) for a mask that is a bit muddy, Environ for being a bit heavy with the vitamin A, and Universal Contour Wrap for having too many bandages. :lol:

Latest posts

Back