Anyone had a play with the new Shellac colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were all individual at the show, so you could buy what you wanted. But I believe the Ruby and Tinsel is a duo set.

Thank u :)

Hi Guys sorry to butt in but I'm desperate for help. I have just started the Shallac and have been practising on a few friends. Well this is me :Scared: no matter what I do my nails are chipping. I clean the nail beds really well. Do thin layering and pay special attention to my corners, capping my free edge and all over cover with my top coat. I have removed all the blue plastic linger from the CND lamp as well. But no matter how much or how hard I am working on there nails, they chip. Some are fine, others are not. Mine are fine and last for 2 weeks. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and feel so frustrated and want to give up. I have watched YouTube (Nail Fixer) videos until they were coming out my ears as well as done a friend who is a way more experienced nail tech than I am watch me paint her nails. We cant work out what Im doing wrong. Help help help Thanks all would really appreciate it. At the point of tears.

Hi Guys sorry to butt in but I'm desperate for help. I have just started the Shallac and have been practising on a few friends. Well this is me :Scared: no matter what I do my nails are chipping. I clean the nail beds really well. Do thin layering and pay special attention to my corners, capping my free edge and all over cover with my top coat. I have removed all the blue plastic linger from the CND lamp as well. But no matter how much or how hard I am working on there nails, they chip. Some are fine, others are not. Mine are fine and last for 2 weeks. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and feel so frustrated and want to give up. I have watched YouTube (Nail Fixer) videos until they were coming out my ears as well as done a friend who is a way more experienced nail tech than I am watch me paint her nails. We cant work out what Im doing wrong. Help help help Thanks all would really appreciate it. At the point of tears.

You say some are fine some are not. Can you expand?
Some people's nails are not suited to Shellac
Some people ignore all aftercare advice
Some people wear their nails too long
Some people think it's indestructible.

Sounds to me like you've eliminated a lot of troubleshooting from your service-have you done the same with your clients??

Xx

From L-R faux fur & tinsel toast
Faux fur & bronze additive
Midnight swim & bronze additive
Vexed violette & pink additives & spectrum shimmer
Midnight swim & pink additive
Pretty poison & tinsel toast

Ooh they're lovely! What are you favourites? X

I can't work out from the pictures what colour the oynx one is? What colour would you say it was?
Think I'll be up till midnight too! Wish I made it to the show! Xxxxx

I can't work out from the pictures what colour the oynx one is? What colour would you say it was?
Think I'll be up till midnight too! Wish I made it to the show! Xxxxx

I think it's like a dark Asphalt with a little depth/shimmer?

The Overtly Onxy is ace! I didn't think if like it but I do! Kinda reminds me of wet look leggings =]

The Bronzy colour? Absolutely NOTHING like Iced Cappuccino, it is more of a honeycomb colour, 2 of my clients today have had it do it's gonna be a popular one I think xx

Awesome thanks guys! How fast do u think they are going to sell out tonight lol? Not sure if I can stay up till midnight lol!! Xxxx

nodding off already! Cant be good!

However, I need them in my life!!

Hi I can't wait to get them all! 👍
Question Geeks?? When you put The Shellac on the Colour pops/colour wheels, do you put Shellac Base on aswell?
Where do you all buy yours from? Ones I've bought in the past are not cheap! Want to save on spending to much on them?
Think I'd prefer the Colour Pops? Thanks 😊

Anyone else wondering how they're going to get the new colours onto the Shellac swatch that came with the racks?! They look gorgeous, only 2 and a half hours to go... ;)

xxx

Hi I can't wait to get them all! 👍
Question Geeks?? When you put The Shellac on the Colour pops/colour wheels, do you put Shellac Base on aswell?
Where do you all buy yours from? Ones I've bought in the past are not cheap! Want to save on spending to much on them?
Think I'd prefer the Colour Pops? Thanks 😊

You don't need to apply base coat with pops, no.

I get mine from ebay and have them on a large metal ring and I can then put them in my bag to whip out if nails ever come out in conversation. :biggrin:

Everything up now geeks I've ordered mine :) xx

You beat me to it!! All on there!!!

All done !!!! So excited!!!!!

Ordered mine.. EXCITED!!! :):)

Mines ordered!! All eight colours :) ridiculously excited at bedtime !

x

I can't afford to get all of them this month so have the duo and Midnight Swim in my basket, what other do I add - Vexed Violette or Overly Onyx?? Decisions sections lol x

Eeek I've ordered the duo and just 3 of the new colours Pretty poison, vexed violet and midnight swim

E x

Latest posts

Back