Anyone had their fortune told and did it come true?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey geeks I had my fortune told last night and it was horrendous!!!
I was told that the guy i had been seeing wasn't faithful and had been seeing other girls behind my back, the business i have would fail in October and my dad would be rushed into hospital in November.

The entire reading was awful and negative and nothing in it was good or positive. I came out in floods of tears and wish i hadn't went now.

Have any of you had your cards read? If so did it come true?

I went to see a psychic 2 years ago. Some of the stuff she said was a bit vague and didn't really mean anything but some of the stuff really stood out. For instance, she asked who had kidney problems, now my mums partner at the time was on the list for a kidney transplant!! How could she of known that?! Thankfully now, he has had his transplant. She also said that i would definatly be self employed and at the time i had no desire to work for myself in the future, i was happy being employed, but about 6 months later circumstances changed and i was self employed for a while! I didn't even realise that she had fortold this until me and my friend listened to the tape earlier this year. My mouth dropped open, i couldn't believe it.

There were other little bits too. I was very impressed and would go back again.

xx

there was a time when i went to clairvoyants every cpl months (not healthy) i think it was more for reassurance that my relationship(s) and my life in general would improve .. got a bit obsessed in the end until i realised i was spending a small fortune and that it was up to me to change my future

to be honest, of the 15 :o or so clairvoyants i saw charging from £10-£50 a time, no one really said anything outstanding .. yes some things have come true, lucky guess perhaps but id say on the whole most of it hasnt come true and for some reason half the clairvoyants said i would get back with my ex - who is now happily married with someone else and living in oz so not much chance of that, and more to the point wouldnt want to anyway! im sure i took me much longer to get over him at the time of the split because they kept telling me we would get back together, so i wasnt allowing myself to move on

on the otherhand, i totally believe in spiritulists and have seen several since my gran passed away cpl years ago .. they have given me evidence in the form of names extremely unusual names such as manuela and coraline - coincidence, i dont think so, events that have already happened but they dont tend to predict the future. also they generally dont ask for payment, so further truth they're not con merchants in it for the money

i wouldnt take too much notice of what this uncaring so called clairvoyant told you, perhaps by telling you such things she's hoping you'll go back for more .. this happened to me many times, they tell you so much leaving you wanting more so that you book another apt for them to spin you more crap

i see a spiritualist and its amazing the things she comes up with. amazing.

i wouldnt do a fortune telling type of thing. its just not my thing, and i dont think it can do any good. personal opinion.

you should go see a spiritualist honey. xxx

I saw the same fortune teller once or twice long ago and it was often vague, however I spoke to a spiritualist last year over skype and that was fantastic, she went into my past lives and just to quote one thing, it was what she said about me... she said that I was climbing a mountain with a cloak on, hiding myself but I kept showing her my nails. She said I was showing her my nail polish and that my nails looked lovely :O ! Coincidence? I thought that was spot on from a lady who knows nothing of me and lives in Sweden.

I think you have to be a bit wary of these fortune tellers though some times, its a quick buck for some people unfortunately, it was very uncaring of your fortune teller to leave you feeling like that, maybe its a nice idea to do something for your self and your freinds to lift your spirits a bit.

I've been to two psychics and BOTH were flippin' WRONG! I'm still waiting for that handsome, long haired man to sweep me off my feet! PMSL! :D

I've been to two psychics and BOTH were flippin' WRONG! I'm still waiting for that handsome, long haired man to sweep me off my feet! PMSL! :D

lol!!:lol: xx

Thanks for that guys. I think i just have to do what most of you have said which is brush it off as someone trying to make quick money at my expense :(

Hey geeks I had my fortune told last night and it was horrendous!!!
I was told that the guy i had been seeing wasn't faithful and had been seeing other girls behind my back, the business i have would fail in October and my dad would be rushed into hospital in November.

The entire reading was awful and negative and nothing in it was good or positive. I came out in floods of tears and wish i hadn't went now.

Have any of you had your cards read? If so did it come true?

Honestly it shouldn't be allowed!!!

My mum went to ones years back and it wasn't good. She was going to die young, my dad was going to get ill. My sister was never going to be in a lasting relationship (well she has just split from her partner of 15 years but to be honest I don't think the reading had anything to do with that she has just been with an ***hole for the past 15 years!!). Well who wants to pay for the courtesy of finding all that out! Fortunately I think I was going to be OK so at least that was something!

A guy she knows though went the same time and he was going to live into his nineties. Well he is about 75 now and has just been diagnosed with cancer bless him so I don't think she got that right as I think it is quite bad.

So basically my advice to you is take it with a pinch of salt and get on with life and forget it.

My parents are both psychic, and even with what they do/believe they still maintain that there is aways choice/free will. I don't have a psychic bone in my body and firmly believe that you make your own luck in this world. ie if you have a positive mental attitude and believe your business will succeed, then it can't not.
I always look for proof from these people too, there are so many rubbish ones out there who give the rest a bad name. I know of at least one really good clairvoyant who gives telephone readings, I'd be happy to pass her number to you if think another reading would put your mind at rest...pm me if you would like it, otherwise, ignore it and believe in yourself.

My parents are both psychic, and even with what they do/believe they still maintain that there is aways choice/free will. I don't have a psychic bone in my body and firmly believe that you make your own luck in this world. ie if you have a positive mental attitude and believe your business will succeed, then it can't not.
I always look for proof from these people too, there are so many rubbish ones out there who give the rest a bad name. I know of at least one really good clairvoyant who gives telephone readings, I'd be happy to pass her number to you if think another reading would put your mind at rest...pm me if you would like it, otherwise, ignore it and believe in yourself.

Not sure what to do to be honest. I think maybe another reading may be a good idea as long as its not another bad one otherwise i think it's likely i'll be suicidal before the week is out haha

firmly believe that you make your own luck in this world. ie if you have a positive mental attitude and believe your business will succeed, then it can't not.

- I firmly believe this too, if youve got the right vibes going then youl be just fine. Nail tech vibe is a good vibe to have I reckon :D

Last edited:
I get my cards read every 6 months.

a lot of what I am told doesn't make sense and it suddenly enfolds in front of me months later, other things just don't happen.

I've seen the same lady twice now, one in august 09 and January 10.

although a lot of what she told me hadn't happened, and she was quite specific about the timing, ie going to rome in a few weeks, saw me in Dublin withina few months to work (oh my gosh, just been invited to do some training near dublin in the near future!!!!).

but, a lot of what was told me mean't something.

you do have to take things with a "pinch of salt"......write things down in a special book and then forget about it.

I went to see one just after I had moved in with my Mr Chick, we had only been living with each other a couple of months, but this tarot reader warned me that it would be over within a few months......well that was 23 years ago and he ain't going no where. when i went back to our flat I was bit distant for a while and held myself back from getting too involved in case I got burn't but the memory soon faded and we got on with life.

so Nikki, don't worry too much.

that person doesn't sound like a professional anyhow, although they can tell you some negative things, its up them as professionals to not upset you.

I had my last card reading in January, my dad wasn't mentioned but he died in February and buried him in March this year. I am glad that she didn't tell me this.

my ex wife was quiet happy plodding along in my opinion:twisted::twisted: then she went to psychic fair !!
He told her she wasnt happy and that i did nt appreciate her and that she was worth more than sitting at home, looking after the kids,ect
it was so obvious she was a stay at home mum any one could see it!! she had a key ring with pics of the 4 kids on it that she had put on the table and she was amazed he guessed she had 3 boys and a girl and the girl was the youngest !!
the pic showed my oldest boy who was too old to be hers so he said your partner was married before !!
He had people on the car park and she was also amazed that he knew she had a red bmw !!!
When she came home she took it like she had had a message from god, and a few months later started seeing my snooker partner behind my back, because he listened and was caring and appreciated her ect ect
Needless to say she is now in a council house on benefits and i am doing ok :D:D
She believed every word and it wrecked her life !! dont fall for it its life ruining !! and more importantly i lost a good snooker partner :twisted:

I went to see a fortune teller once and I dont think anything she told me was that amazing. She said she could see me with a baby in my arms and I was pregnant at the time but only about 10 weeks so she wouldn't have known that, but lets face it most of us know someone who is expecting or just had a baby. It wasnt like she predicted his name and date of birth or anything! Other things I remember her saying were that I would meet my ex again at a party - still waiting for that over 20 years later! lol

My nan said donkeys years ago some fortune teller type gave her and my aunt (her daughter) a reading on the doorstep, when he was leaving and walking up the garden path he turned and pointed to my aunt and said... 'You..... 92'.. then to my nan he just said '80'.... Well my nan just turned 81 and she has spent the past god knows how many years worrying about what this man said to her all that time ago :sad: she expected to drop dead some time before her 81st birthday just because of that one remark and I am sure that deep down the worry of it has stopped her enjoying life to the full... she is a terrible worrier anyway, but how awful for her even though most of us would be happy to get to 80! lol

Take it with a pinch of salt! :hug: you could do more harm believing what this person told you, like Hippy chick said about being distant to her other half, that could do the damage to the relationship that would have been fine otherwise!

To the original poster - I am appalled that the reading was so negative, I mean, she could have said you needed to exercise caution in your relationship or to focus on your business, i.e. put all your energy into making it work etc

DON'T GO BACK! I wonder if when they are really negative, they are trying to create some sort of dependency so you start going regularly!

It's going to be hard for you to forget the things she said, so my advice would be to try The Law of Attraction and totally focus on positive outcomes in those areas of your life. More the business than the man though!

I think it is unethical for anyone to give you such awful news - but saying that I think there are some genuine ones out there. I have had a reading from a medium recently and he was really good. He also has a lengthy waiting list. I believe we all have choices and can actively live our lives positively and in turn attract the right things to us. Some things happen because we let them or do not take opportunities presented. Let this reading go but if you decide to go again - go to one that is highly recommended.

When I were a wee lad and working as an electrical contractor some old granny in a tent at a fun fair said "hey laddie cross my palm with a sixpence and I will tell your fortune"....mmmm I thought...what the heck for a sixpence lets have a go(nothing to do with the vast amount of beer consumed with the lads in the beer tent earlier LOL)

Anhoo's she has her palm crossed with my sixpence and holds my hand and studies all me lines and after a moment or two(well she does need to make the sixpence seem like good value for money) she finally speaks her prediction.

"when you get older you will frequent a professional beauty forum full of :Look_righprofessionals :Look_leftand communicate with them on all manner of beauty therapists discussing ...back sac and crack...you may even have this done on yourself";)

LoL I thought what a clueless cranky old gypsy woman :D

Some 25 years later her prediction hasn't come fully true as haven't managed to find a forum as yet full of :Look_righprofessionals:Look_leftLOL:twisted:

That said she was right to a certain degree as I did get my ass waxed

:o:D

To the original poster - I am appalled that the reading was so negative, I mean, she could have said you needed to exercise caution in your relationship or to focus on your business, i.e. put all your energy into making it work etc

DON'T GO BACK! I wonder if when they are really negative, they are trying to create some sort of dependency so you start going regularly!

It's going to be hard for you to forget the things she said, so my advice would be to try The Law of Attraction and totally focus on positive outcomes in those areas of your life. More the business than the man though!

I think you may be right about you becoming dependant on them. Like if your having a really bad time you'll end up going back hoping your future will be different. I definately wont be going back to her though. it cost me £30 as well for only half an hour. Con merchant if you ask me!

Latest posts

Back