Anyone reccomend quality nail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hi ive always loved creative nail tips but my salon always buys alan roys tips. I found them hard to blend and they never had that much of a good fit but i got used to them. Im on maternity leave soon and i am hoping to do some homers. I was just wondering if any knows another supplier that are cheaper where i can buy quality tips from? Thanks

Hi ive always loved creative nail tips but my salon always buys alan roys tips. I found them hard to blend and they never had that much of a good fit but i got used to them. Im on maternity leave soon and i am hoping to do some homers. I was just wondering if any knows another supplier that are cheaper where i can buy quality tips from? Thanks
Millenium do som fab tips at good prices,hth

I use Millennium tips too. The Salon gold and Square are excellent and blend really easily.

i adore the well less tips from proimpressions.
also like the tips from le chat.

I quite like the tips from OPI.

The cheapest way of tipping is to sculpt every client you can do easily. You save so much money, you can afford to buy the best and easiest tips to blend in the world. CND Velocity tips.

I must admit that I prefer to sculpt and only use tips when absolutely necessary.
YES I am a sculping snob.
I just like to sculpt:)
To learn this has meant a lot to me.

The cheapest way of tipping is to sculpt every client you can do easily. You save so much money, you can afford to buy the best and easiest tips to blend in the world. CND Velocity tips.

i agree...and saves on the cost of adhesive.

A roll of forms is so cheep compared to tips and adhesive...(anyone ever worked out the saving..?)

Sculpting isn't for every client but its definitely something i think your better of knowing how to do as it helps you cover more obstacles thrown at you. x

i agree...and saves on the cost of adhesive.

A roll of forms is so cheep compared to tips and adhesive...(anyone ever worked out the saving..?)

Sculpting isn't for every client but its definitely something i think your better of knowing how to do as it helps you cover more obstacles thrown at you. x

I agree too! I love sculpt and do it where and whenever possible!!
I've been doing a business plan at the mo and I've worked out that I\ll be saving about 50p-70p per set by scuplting. Doesn't sound alot but it soon adds up after a few months!!!

Thanks girls for the help. I would love to be able to sculpt but can never fit the blooming forms for a nice fit! Is it possible to practice on mynail trainer?

ive practised on the nail trainer just fit the form under the frree edge of the trainer nails

Come on Zoe ... it's not as difficult as all that!!

You of course can use the nail trainer to practise but the beds on the NT are rather flat compared to the real thing. Still all practise is good practise and fitting the form is just a matter of routine when you have done it a few times.

Best way to practise is to do every repair on clients with a sculpted nail.

This way you are not under pressure to do a full set but just one perfect nail at a time. A very good way to learn and something I always recommend.

Come on Zoe ... it's not as difficult as all that!!

You of course can use the nail trainer to practise but the beds on the NT are rather flat compared to the real thing. Still all practise is good practise and fitting the form is just a matter of routine when you have done it a few times.

Best way to practise is to do every repair on clients with a sculpted nail.

This way you are not under pressure to do a full set but just one perfect nail at a time. A very good way to learn and something I always recommend.

That's a brilliant idea!!!!

I would love to learn to sculpt, read the tutorial on it yesterday but think it would be running before walking in my case.

Thats exactly how I learned to sculpt - hid my tip box and forced myself to sculpt repairs. I have sculpted about 8 full sets now and LOVE it, its really not as difficult as I first thought. I cant imagine going back to using tips unless I really have to.
They are even cheaper if you use re-usable sculpting forms, they dont suit everyone but I use them on most folk.
HTH
KxXx

i would love to sculpt - i bought some forms - tried to fit one and failed miserably (wimp!!! LOL)

note to self - must try again xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back