Anyone tried weight watchers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 5 years ago I lost 32lbs with weight watchers in six months and decided to become a Leader. I trained with them for this job having to go away for 3 days with other up and coming Leaders. I did this job until I started to do nails. A few hints that I will give you to try and help your efforts are.

A) Do not eat too many carbohydrates unless you are doing a fair amount of exercise as you will store them as fat if you do not use them up with exercise.
B) Wear the same clothes each week to be weighed...some people come in lightweight dresses one week and jeans the next, and wonder why they havent lost anything...just think of the weight difference in those two!!
C) Vary what you eat as your body will lose more with a variety of food and make sure you eat ALL you are told you can, as it can actually hinder loss by NOT eating enough.
D) Do not be discouraged if you plateau....it happens to us all.:eek:
E) If you have any worries at all, talk to your Leader that is what she is there for.:)
F) Be honest re what you eat and even count ketchup, mayo etc as the only person you are really going to try to fool is yourself if you cheat and that will NOT work. Leaders have heard every excuse in the book and believe me we hear some real humdingers!!!!!!!
G) Keep alchohol to a minimum as this can really have a negative effect on weight loss.

I unfortunately have developed insulin resistance over the last 18 months so have put weight back on, but I did keep it off for 3 1/2 years but weight increase is normal with insulin resistance so I am told!:irked:

:) :) Good luck with this venture I am sure you will do well.:) :)

I have done weight watchers and it did work i even made it to being a gold member with a card and a keyring!! I stopped going about a year ago and have put on about a stone since then but i am still well within my ideal weight.:green:

nailsbydesign said:
About 5 years ago I lost 32lbs with weight watchers in six months and decided to become a Leader. I trained with them for this job having to go away for 3 days with other up and coming Leaders. I did this job until I started to do nails. A few hints that I will give you to try and help your efforts are.

A) Do not eat too many carbohydrates unless you are doing a fair amount of exercise as you will store them as fat if you do not use them up with exercise.
B) Wear the same clothes each week to be weighed...some people come in lightweight dresses one week and jeans the next, and wonder why they havent lost anything...just think of the weight difference in those two!!
C) Vary what you eat as your body will lose more with a variety of food and make sure you eat ALL you are told you can, as it can actually hinder loss by NOT eating enough.
D) Do not be discouraged if you plateau....it happens to us all.:eek:
E) If you have any worries at all, talk to your Leader that is what she is there for.:)
F) Be honest re what you eat and even count ketchup, mayo etc as the only person you are really going to try to fool is yourself if you cheat and that will NOT work. Leaders have heard every excuse in the book and believe me we hear some real humdingers!!!!!!!
G) Keep alchohol to a minimum as this can really have a negative effect on weight loss.

I unfortunately have developed insulin resistance over the last 18 months so have put weight back on, but I did keep it off for 3 1/2 years but weight increase is normal with insulin resistance so I am told!:irked:

:) :) Good luck with this venture I am sure you will do well.:) :)
I'm doing the no count diet which has quite a lot of carbs on it, potatoes and pasta. I count condiments, so I've been eating dry salad so I can have a weight watchers yoghurt! I agree about wearing the same clothes thats what I thought. I'm going to go to aqua swim classes once a week, not making excuses but dont get to much time to myself, so any other exercise will be walking my girls to the park and chasing after them. Thanks for all your tips.

Once or if I ever reach my goal it seems to me that you must stick to this for life now, not just to diet if you want to keep it off. If I go back after losing the weight I will be worse then I am now.
Only been doing it since Tuesday and I already feel like I'm getting a bit of shape to my hips. Not weighing myself apart from at the meeting otherwise it could become obsessive! LOL

Zingara said:
Not tried Weight watchers myself but Mum did and didn;t get on very well. She found it hard to get a really good bablanced diet out of it, and lost a little bit of weight but her health wasn't good on the diet at all.

But we both joined Slimming World and lost over 2 1/2 stone each in 3 months. The food is lovely, filling, and I never felt more healthy and re-vitalised in my life!
Cant understand this as the Weight Watchers diet allows you to anyhthing you want you just have to count it, it is one of the most balanced diets around and I had it checked out by a dietician before I started it and she confirmed that.

emma_leigh said:
I went to weight watchers and only lost 7lb in 5 weeks! I am now on the Cambridge Diet which is fantastic, I have lost 1 and a half stone in 5 weeks! Ia m on the sole source option which is soley 3 shakes/soups a day but they are sooo yummy I am finding it very easy indeed.
Emma could you Pm me with details of this diet please,phone number, costs etc. My friend was on lighter life which sounds similar to Cambridge diet.It was £55.00 a week then in Jan they put price up to about 65.00 and my friend just couldn't afford it.Now shes put on all the weight she lost which is so sad.

I have decided to give weightwatchers another go - following no count at the moment. I have signed yp to esource and find it pretty good for inspiration and motivation

My mum went to weight watchers, 10 years ago, so its probably changed a bit now. But - she went from a size 18 to a size 10 in a year, and she has kept the weight off ever since, and now she eats what she likes when she likes! It def worked for her! Alot of her weight was simply over-eating though, so thats why it worked so well I think.

I am the other way! I'm a size 6 and feel horrid, like a bag of bones. I wish I could put weight on! I can never find clothes to fit me well, and I just look like a stick. I get called 'Twiggy'. - loosing weight is good, but in moderation, I'd much prefer to be a size 10 - 12, I'd look alot healthier then!

x

I'm diong 'no count' and lost 13lbs (altough I didn't know at the time I had an over active thyroid which helped) in my first week! it's a great diet if you love potatoes rice and pasta. If your stuck for idears I'll send you some rescipes.

karenx

Hi i joined weightwatchers to lose about 10lbs. Now you might not think thats a lot, but when your in your 40's and the metabolism starts to slow down you find you cant eat "Anything" anymore. i got tomy gold and now i'm free, but when you fall off the wagon, having to pay again soon shifts you.

it definately works.
deb x

kas67 said:
I'm diong 'no count' and lost 13lbs (altough I didn't know at the time I had an over active thyroid which helped) in my first week! it's a great diet if you love potatoes rice and pasta. If your stuck for idears I'll send you some rescipes.

karenx

That would be great, I'm worried I will run out of ideas and get bored eating the same thing.
I'm actually cooking from scratch which I havent done in years.
Weigh in tomorrow night - let you all know how I get on.

Just got back from my first weigh in and I've lost 6lbs, yippee!
Apparently I will get a silver 7 when I lose 1 more 1b.

Well done Ria! Keep at it - it really does work!

I lost 24lbs about three years ago and managed to keep it off until nine months ago - I'm expecting my first baby any day now. I can't wait to join up again to help lose the baby fat.

Counting points really is an eye opener. I used to starve myself all day and then say 'How can I be fat I've only eaten two slices of pizza a piece of garlic bread and a salad!' At that time I didn't realise just one slice of pizza could have 12 points in it and the salad dressing was loaded with points. I was eating twice as much as I should in a day - Oh and I'd forget about the Kitkat I'd eaten at 3pm - MORE points!

Thanks to WW I can now make healthier choices.

Walking was also great for me. I HATE the gym and exercise, but I can walk for England! I would often get off the tube a stop earlier and walk home. Also rather than working thro my lunch break I would make myself get up and go out for a walk. Luckily it was summer in the UK when I lost the majority of my weight, so getting out and about was no problem. Using the points buddy made it fun to see how many steps I'd done and how many extra points I'd gained! When I first started using it I was shocked to find I barely did 4000 steps a day but made myself do around 8000 to 12000 a day.

At the begining of May I signed up with two friends, withhout whom I would never have gone along as I found it pretty scary to think of going to a slimming club and being weighed in front of a bunch of strangers, but once I commit to something I like to stick at it as I didn't want my friends to think I was letting them down. As it happened they only went for three weeks. They stopped going saying that they wanted to get into a bikini for summer and it was already summer. I tried to convince them that if they dieted now they wouldn't have the same problem next year, but they didn't listen. Well, by that September I was not only in a bikini but had to buy a whole new wardrobe as even my 'skinny' clothes didn't fit me!

I just hope I can get the same results when I go back after the baby is born.

Good luck and please keep us updated - Keep thinking of all those silver sevens!!! :)))

Kx

Thank you and good luck for when the baby arrives.

I've tried all the different diets with minimal success, ending up putting all the weight plus some extra on every time. I give up dieting now, just doing the eating healthly, smaller portions and forcing myself to do excercise thing. It's working and I feel so much better about myself. I don't deny myself anything just regulate it. The only thing I do like about the groups like Weight Watchers is the support and weekly boost to continue for the next week.

Latest posts

Back