Appointment systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuttie_Pie

Reaction score
Does any one use a computer for booking appointments and keeping clients records or are you all traditional paper and pencil gals and guys?

Pencil,paper and client cards.I would love to have everything done on a pc but nope,we dont have card machine either for payments,just good ole,cash or cheques.

I think if it were my salon I would have both though,just to be on the safe side.:wink2:

Basic stuff here - good old diary and pencil (with emphasis on the pencil as many clients change their appointments frequently).

Equally, Im not allowed by my accountant to have a computer in the salon - it is too complicated for the tax man!!

Pen and Paper for me - I do what it says on the page!

Eva

Client record cards and pen, appointment book and pencil
would not dare have a pc in the salon i would never get any work done for geeking lol

i was looking into computerised records and apparently you have to register with some data protection office if you computerise client details but you don't if they are manual, its somewhere in the data protection act, sounded way too complicated for me so pen and paper it is x

i use computerised appt system, salon iris,
it does everything and i mean everything lol!

the salon i worked in had a computerised software system and it was fab.It does everything and makes salon reception easier- once you get the hang of it!
I'm the kinda person who prefers the app diary, a pencil and a rubber, and it took me a while to get my head round it all. The last college i taught in also had a computerised system- it does seem to be the way to go. that said, i think it is quite costly, and if you have a small salon, would prove a big outlay. I feel it is essential to have a card machine however, many people regard it as 'not real money' and are more willing to part with money this way, than when writing out a cheque etc.

the salon i worked in had a computerised software system and it was fab.It does everything and makes salon reception easier- once you get the hang of it!
I'm the kinda person who prefers the app diary, a pencil and a rubber, and it took me a while to get my head round it all. The last college i taught in also had a computerised system- it does seem to be the way to go. that said, i think it is quite costly, and if you have a small salon, would prove a big outlay. I feel it is essential to have a card machine however, many people regard it as 'not real money' and are more willing to part with money this way, than when writing out a cheque etc.

My husband would like to have a pc to do appointments etc,but im a good old diary and pencil gal,although i do transfer all card data of clientele onto the pc.
We have a pc in the salon but its inour back room and thats where it stays...LOL

As for card machines i agree with eager beaver,as most of my clientele spend over £100 at a time.
Also people think more of the money if they have it physically,but if they have card they will more likely spend it...good profits for the salon...:wink2: :!:

Client record cards and pen, appointment book and pencil
would not dare have a pc in the salon i would never get any work done for geeking lol
That is why I do all my book work at home on my computer..:wink2: Try telling a client.." just a minute, I am posting"

What system did they use do you know?

The spa that i worked at used Ez-Book computer system, which was ok until the internet went down, as then we couldnt access it. We were without it for over two weeks once and i had to go out, buy a book, get the IT guys at Ez-Book to send me fax copies of what was on our file, and try and write it into the book. If we couldn't see what it said, then we waited to see who turned up for what - absolute hell.
I'm a pc geek, i love computers.. but i didn't like that system.
If you do get a computerised booking system, make sure your bookings are stored locally, and that you have a back-up!

pen and paper all the way

Hi

I have a book for appointments, and computer for client records and stock control, retail sales and professional usage.

Thats for my hair and beauty salon.

Diary and pencil here, and handwritten record cards.

You don't have to register as long as you don't pass client details on to third parties!

i have salon iris and i love it
few clicks and i can see whos spent the most, most popular / least popular treatments, how much ive taken ect its fab

anyone interested in it PM me

I'm really interested in this thread as i'm setting up a new business and i would like a software for the booking/accounting/employees management i watched the salon iris demo and also the shortcuts software demos and was thrilled at how much they can do. I would like some feedback thow.
How did people that worked with these found them usefull? Both on the employee and employer point of view.

I have Prosolutions from DWB Solutions. It has an easy to use appointment book, it can also do stock control, gift cards and staff rotas as well as packages, with lots of marketing and business reports.
When I had a demo from them, I got the feeling that the after sales service was going to be good and it is, I have had great service and support from them they are always friendly, willing to help and listen, I would recommend them to anyone, their web site is Spa Management Software and Salon Software for Spa's, Day Spa's, Hotel Spa's Beauty Salon's and Clinics from DWB Solutions Ltd

If you are looking for a system that has accounting and appointments then i believe that salon iris is your option.

Cheers
xxx:hug:

Does any one use a computer for booking appointments and keeping clients records or are you all traditional paper and pencil gals and guys?

Hi there

Try icomplete.com FREE version - it is great for small start-ups included is customer database, online calendar, maps (great if your mobile), task and sms/email reminders. As you grow your business you can expand to the next level £15 a month up or £25-£50 per month if you're a big or have multiple sites, also have online bookings calendar so your customers can book appointments on your website. Visit www.icomplete.com and see for yourself (no credit card or contract tie in - or hard sell!)

Claire

Latest posts

Back