Are Additives worth buying?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamourboutique

Reaction score
So I've changed over from gelish to shellac. I'm in live with this brand. Have a nice collection of colours building an I have a few additive glitters. Are the powders worth buying can you do slot with them. Sorry to sound thick x

So I've changed over from gelish to shellac. I'm in live with this brand. Have a nice collection of colours building an I have a few additive glitters. Are the powders worth buying can you do slot with them. Sorry to sound thick x

YES :Love:
I have all CND Additives, and they are very versatile. You can used them over your cured Shellac to do a fade. You can use them in you Brisa Gel or Brisa Lite Smoothing or Sculpting gel to create custom colors. I even mixed them with my acrylic powders to creat a custom cover pink, or a custom color, to match the clothes of a client.
Have a search on you-tube and start to play with your Additives ;-)

Last edited:
Y E S
spells YES!
:)

Yes definitely :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Id disagree. I never use them. They just sit there collecting dust. My clients always go for glitters and foils over additives everytime :/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Id disagree. I never use them. They just sit there collecting dust. My clients always go for glitters and foils over additives everytime :/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Same here...but maybe I don't use them properly or promote them enough or whatever. My clients always struggle with choice as it is!!

That's what I'm worried about as there not cheap don't want to buy loads am not use them. When could of bought a couple of polishes. Don't know what to do x

That's what I'm worried about as there not cheap don't want to buy loads am not use them. When could of bought a couple of polishes. Don't know what to do x

It's really a simple answer, if you take the time to attend a class, experiment and wear them then you will use the Additives allot ...

If you just buy them and put them on a shelf and let them sit there, with nothing for the client to see or refer to and nil excitement from you, then you will not use them.

It's down to little old YOU .... And that goes for every service you offer. If you get behind it have enthusiasm and promote it then you will sell it. If you don't, then you won't.

I am a huge fan of additives and use them every day for custom colours and art. There is so much you can do with them and they expand the colour range so much. I have all of them and haven't had to reorder any yet because you use such a tiny amount. I would start with the limited editions and build from there.

I'm going to use foils and glitters because I can offer a lot of artistic variety at less of a cost than using additives.

Additives seem like a good idea, I just don't feel that they're for me and as a potentially small business I'd rather invest in more shellac and a hand full of foils and glitters.

I've got additives (well the first release anyway) and colour pigments. A lovely geek kindly sent me some neon pigments recently and they are brilliant. Cnd have said they can't do neons but some clients still want them. So with these pigments I can create neon Shellac shades. It works out cost effective too, if one year neons are popular and the next they're not, the cost of the pigments or additives are a lot less than a bottle of Shellac- so win win. You can also create a vibrant orange with the yellow additive which is a colour atm the Shellac range doesn't carry. You can also custom blend colours with additives or pigments- how's that for a bespoke service.

Yes I admit I'm more of a glitter and foil girl but additives and pigments are well worth purchasing.

Here's a picture of the neons I was sent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384348192945.jpg
    1384348192945.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 438
Here's a picture of the neons I was sent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app[/QUOTE]

I just literally received my neon ones too!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384348974.042883.jpg

I'm in love with them!

Definitely agree they're cost effective - I use all the additives a lot, but only a smidge at a time and the combinations are ENDLESS!

xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I use pigments and additives by the bucketload,to customize services for clients.

They LOVE that they can have their 'own' colours.
I use them with Shellac, Gel, and Acrylic.

Great investment and worth every penny

Every additive I have, I use! Love that you can customize it to your clients liking and I will even keep their made little pots (either powder or gel) with their name on it, makes them feel special. Having a wide variety of uses is what won me over

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I use them all and clients think they're super-clever!

I love how you can be prescriptive with them :) xx

Hmmmm suppose there's no harm in buying a few to try what two colours would you first purchase. I would love to attend a course but I work long shifts and I'm still trying to build my nail business so at the moment it's not fees able to do maybe some point I might be Able to :(

WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THESE FAB NEON PIGMENTS!? Have seen them on a few threads now and im super jealous!

And to actually make a relevant response to OP: if your clients like art and more than standard colours, definately worth it! Get your pops out for a play and show your clients why they NEED them :D xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek mobile app

ebay :) I feel special because the lady lives near me so I get my deliveries the next day :)

she not only has neon she has some pretty pastel/sparkles etc

just search neon pigments on ebay the seller is sanctuary supplies

Could u inbox me the link so can see xxx

ebay :) I feel special because the lady lives near me so I get my deliveries the next day :)

she not only has neon she has some pretty pastel/sparkles etc

just search neon pigments on ebay the seller is sanctuary supplies

Have a look at the results of my "play-time" with CND Shellac and these NEON additives: www.facebook.com/nails.r.us.by.Conny

For unkown reasons i cannot upload the pictures to Salongeek :mad:

Latest posts

Back