Are natural curls 'in'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
After many attempts, I have finally managed to leave my hair alone long enough to grow it into a bob (sort of grad bob). I have been straightening my natural curls, but i'm fed up of this damp weather, which ruins my efforts everytime i step out the door....so have decided to go curly:lol::lol:

Not sure if i am creating a big fashion no-no:lol:. What is in at the moment?

i dont see why not, big hair is defo back in just now, im naturally curly to and quite often leave them alone to do their own thing. . not only will it look good it will do ur hair the world of good giving it a break from the straighteners. x

I have naturally curly hair and wouldn't dream of straightening it, whatever the fashion.

I get comments from old men and teenage girls alike telling me how beautiful it is, which makes me think curly hair will always be in style. All the twentysomethings I work with are really jealous.:green:

Plus all I have to do is wash and leave it. A godsend for a lazy moo like me.

hi there,
i would definately leave my curls if i was you, i've naturally dead straight boring hair and curl it almost every time i go out. (which rarely lasts)
my friend has bob length curly hair and i think its beautiful, just use a curl defining mousse or serum and leave it dry, its so easy to maintain and always looks like its just been "done"

Bet it's lovely natural x

yep just leave it . any straight or pokey out bits tong or clip or tuck behind your ear . However be sure to use plenty of product because the frizzy fluffy look is not back in

Thankyou for your views.

It certainly is quicker to do in the morning. Its official, I will enhance what I already have lol!

I have been fighting my naturally wavy hair for years.

Recently my hairdresser gave me layers that make my waves into lovely, natural curls when I let it dry naturally. I can either blowdry it into waves of else dry it straight. It's really versatile and quick.

Hey, lucky you, wow fancy having such natural curls in your hair
oh my ..... there are so many curl enhancing and curl rejuvenating products out there that I would be Having a field day checking them all out to enhance your beautiful gift of nature ,
I have never in all my years of hairdressing , and that's too many to mention,
(even the industry button on this site doesn't go that far back :lol: lol )

I have never seen a perm that looks as good anywhere near as good as naturally curled hair,
I would love to have a head full of natural curls ,
but I only have a few curls around the edges of my hair that have grown with age but I love these baby's ,
I'm always putting my hair up to show these off , I use a tiny bit of Wella Curl Enhancing mousse to keep them bouncy
I also use their shampoo for curls and a conditioner for curls
take a look at L'oreals products too you, and you will find something just for you that really suits your hair,
have fun trying them all out each , look out for trial sizes or those holiday packs in salons :)

I think curls and soft waves are making a come back. You have this new wave (pardon the pun!) of younger celebs with bedhead hair and soft curls.
Since xmas we have had quite a few perms on younger clients, which I must say took us all by surprise.
I love the big haired, waved look. I always feel unless you are the right side of 30, poker straight and flat to the head doesn't do any favours *lol* :)

I favour 'Loopy' by Schwartzkopf for softer waves and curls and 'Glamour Queen' for hold.

I definitely agree about curls being popular at the moment! I love curly/wavy hair, especially Cheryl Cole's hair (my idol!) which always looks great.

Having naturally straight hair myself, I know how hard it can be to get curls that look really good. I've looked all over the internet for tips and I found these from Goody Hair Care to be the most helpful (they are really easy to follow!)

Crazy for Curls | Goody

Def embrace your natural curls!

Mine kind of do their own thing from time to time, so if that happens so could always use your tongs or straightners to control it a little, ...so much easiar for getting ready in the monring, just stick a little bed head curls rock or manipulate in there and your done!

oops, looks like i'm jumping on this thread a bit late but oh well.
i absolutely adore naturally curly hair, you're very lucky :)
encourage it! i'm forver trying to persuade my curly clients not to straighten the bejesus out of their hair!

My hair is naturaly curly/wavy. It used to be in big ringlets but as I have got older its changed, lol. Also depending on the cut I have.
Problem I have is whenever I go to the hairdresser, they have a 'thing' about straightening my hair. I hate it as it does not suit me and I'm scared of the straighteners (sp), lol. A hairdresser burnt my head with those a few years ago, hence I hate having it done.

Natural curls are always in :) it's the way you style them that can make them look dated IMO

Atm i wave mine either with a large round brush,or twist sections and spray with a texturising spray and leave to dry naturaly for beach waves or scrunch to high heaven for 80's big hair lol

Google images is great for looking at idea's and styles of on trend curls.

Hth's

Latest posts

Back