Are Tip Sizes Universal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
Sorry if it's a dumb question but what I want to know is this....

Is one supplier's tips..say No. 1 & 2 the same size as another supplier's tip No. 1 & 2.

If you know what I mean...:)

Thanks in advance

I have found some variation in size from make to make, not much but a bit here & there.

I have found some variation in size from make to make, not much but a bit here & there.

I have found this NOT to be true.....I have many tips that say 1&2....ect....and the exact same size tip of another company might be a 10 & 9 ect......and go opposite or start at a 0..... being the smallest.....or the largest .....depending on the tip.....

i have only used two dif makes, bu there is quite a diff in the sizes i think that the number 10 of one of the sets is more like number 9 etc

hths x

I have found a huge difference in sizes between different companies. I ordered some cheap tips to practice on and they were tiny compared to my creative tips.
Since then I have ordered more tips for practice from various companies and they have differed greatly also. hth's xxx

each company has its own sizing system. one companies idea of a size 10 is different to anothers, just like clothes really.

I too have experienced great size difference with tips, i have one box for my ladies with larger thumbs/fingers, and another box for the ladies with thin fingers..... I found it rather funny trying to apply a set of nails on my mum for the first time with a cheap box of tips.......there is no way they would have fit, id have had to mould two 1's together just to place on the thumb lol.

Just as Pants sizes are not the same for manufacturer to manufacturer, I have never seen tips from different companies the same size. Seems that everyone has their own opinion of what a #1 size is.
That is why when I find a good set of tips that fit all my clients, I stick with them.

some manufacturers size from 0-9, others size from 1-10

Even tips from the same Brand can vary. For instance, the Creative Eclipse tips -- The Eclipse size 1 is the largest size 1 in the Creative tip stable, and the Eclipse size 10 is the smallest size 10 of all the tips they do.

So I guess to answer your question, YES tip sizes do vary allot.

Even tips from the same Brand can vary. For instance, the Creative Eclipse tips -- The Eclipse size 1 is the largest size 1 in the Creative tip stable, and the Eclipse size 10 is the smallest size 10 of all the tips they do.

So I guess to answer your question, YES tip sizes do vary allot.

thank you for that info geeg, I use Creative tips and never realized this.

Latest posts

Back