Argh!!! New client managed to convince older client to stop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamper yourself

Reaction score
Hi

Just need to vent. A new client who is a friend of an old client managed to convince the older client to stop maintaining her nails. ARGH!!!!!!!! The new client had some trouble with lifting in her nails. She put hand cream on just before coming to me and I told her this could possibley cause problems. A week and a half on she breaks one and has had 1 off and one lift so I went to her house to fix them. My mistake was not telling her that I charge extra to go to her home just for repairs. Anyways so after the repair and small charge fee (just 2 euros) she makes an appt. Today she called me to cancel cuz another came off and she doesn't have the patience for this. Shortly after I send a reminder to the older client for her appt tomorrow and she says she can't afford to keep them up. :cry::irked::mad: I'm almost sure the other convinced her to stop. They work in the same office and argh I'm just so upset and disheartened. I needed these client to keep paying for my course. :mad::cry:

I don't have many clients yet as I've just started out but does this happen much?

Ok still getting my head around what happened. :grr:
I need your opions please. I was thinking, because the older client is a friend and I need someone to practice on - I was thinking of offering her cost price to keep up her nails. I know her situation, she has a huge loan to pay off and I just really need more practice subjects. Besides, the other newer client might be convinced that this time was a flook (sp?) and decide to try them out again.

Opinions please. :sad:

Hmm, I'd be careful with reducing the price - if they're as close as you think, the other one might suddenly pop back up with "I heard you do so-and-so's nails for x amount, I want mine done for that".

Why don't you be honest and upfront and ask your friend to work with you and help each other. If you know you can do good nails and really need her then I would suggest as friends you both help each other, maybe do it in your time for cost price. I would personally try and turn a negative into a positive and try and work something out together. :hug:

if the older client was not having any problems and was happy with your services and her nails before then it does seem a little odd that she would stop coming just because her friend (the new client) said her nails didn't work out too well....I think it may well just be as she told you...money. To be honest i forget both of them and try and get your name out there to build a bugger and better client base.

if the older client was not having any problems and was happy with your services and her nails before then it does seem a little odd that she would stop coming just because her friend (the new client) said her nails didn't work out too well....I think it may well just be as she told you...money. To be honest i forget both of them and try and get your name out there to build a bugger and better client base.

Would you like to check your spelling Angie lol :lol:

:lol:....bugger....PMSL...ok ok i meant bigger

Latest posts

Back