Argos again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
I just got the new Argos book today and had a flick through! Although I am now well used to seeing all the use-at-home kits for people to do just about anything for themselves, to try and save time and money at the beauty salon I was really pissed of that the Homedics praffin wax heater that I bought from Excel was in there and it was also 20 pounds cheaper!!:eek:

I understand that there will be tanning kits and nail kits etc for the gen public to buy but I bought this from a professional beauty show to use professionaly!!....I would hate for my clients to see it in there and think that`s where I get my equipment :mad:

Try not to come here and rant too much but this really got to me today!!

xx

I just got the new Argos book today and had a flick through! Although I am now well used to seeing all the use-at-home kits for people to do just about anything for themselves, to try and save time and money at the beauty salon I was really pissed of that the Homedics praffin wax heater that I bought from Excel was in there and it was also 20 pounds cheaper!!:eek:

I understand that there will be tanning kits and nail kits etc for the gen public to buy but I bought this from a professional beauty show to use professionaly!!....I would hate for my clients to see it in there and think that`s where I get my equipment :mad:

Try not to come here and rant too much but this really got to me today!!

xx
I too would be angry if a piece of my professional equipment was being sold in Argos.

Maybe give the suplier of your wax heater a call tomorrow and ask for your money back and an explanation as to why they are selling these heaters through Argos.Tell them what you have said on here,I know I would if it were me.:hug:

i would be really angry too if it was me.i think i would have to ring them up to ask that if there equipment is for professional use then why is it being sold the any tom,**** or harry?.then i would ask why it is being sold to them even cheaper than someone who has been trained to use it? i feel quite annoyed just writing this and its not even me its happened to.:( .make sure you definately complain though:!: good luck

Thanks guys, I must admit that I didn`t even think of complaining but I`m definately going to now as you are right about being trained and it being sold to me for professional use!!.....it even says in the instructions about being used in a salon situation etc!
Will find the reciept and details and phone them tomorrow......I will keep you posted on the outcome!
Naomi xx

that is exacelty what I do. If i ever find anything I use professionally and it is sold only to professionals and then it shows up for public consumption..#1. Back to the company it goes #2. I will never buy anything from them again.
We have got to stand up and let them know that they will end up losing business if they chose to provide for the public.
All these companies want to do is to have their cake and eat it too..

argos probably bought thousands, thats why they can sell them cheaper!
Call the company you got it from and ask for your money back its worth a try - have you used it and how long have you had it (since excel i presume)? They may try getting out if a refund by saying youve had it too long, or have used it. Stick to your guns - false advertising, you bought it as a professional product when its clearly not if argos sell it!x

i would definatly ring the company, and explain that you were on the understanding that you purchased a professional product, and feel shocked it can be bought via a catalogue company. this cheapens your image as you have said. Goodluck xx

I don't think there is anything you can do TBH. Unless there was any wording that would say something like "Exclusive for salons only" legally you don't have a leg to stand on. I also agree that I expect Argos gave the suppliers a huge order so that's how they can sell them at a lot less - pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap.

I too would be really annoyed that they were selling them for £20 less, but then i don't buy my cotton wool, cotton buds, tissues etc from the wholesalers, I always try and get it from Superdrug as it is always a lot cheaper. It pays to shop around. :hug:

Homedics stuff has always been available to the general public. I have seen lots of stuff they produce in shops/catalogues etc. Unless it says somewhere it is stricly for proffesional use only as others have said I doubt if you will get anywhere with this.

I would be more annoyed about the £20 than what you may think your clients may think, if they are receiving a great treatment they will be so relaxed they wont be looking at the make of your heater !

Thanks guys, I must admit that I didn`t even think of complaining but I`m definately going to now as you are right about being trained and it being sold to me for professional use!!.....it even says in the instructions about being used in a salon situation etc!
Will find the reciept and details and phone them tomorrow......I will keep you posted on the outcome!
Naomi xx

did you call them? would love to know how you got on.

In Australia "Homedics" is a domestic brand sold in supermarkets and a chain of stores called "Shaver Shop", perhaps it was mistaken for a solely professional product line.

Why should you be annoyed? Why should you be given your money back? You have the choice to buy form anywhere you want and you chose wrong as it happens. Argos have huge buying power so naturally the same item is going to be cheaper there. You haven't been ripped off, you just bought in the wrong place this time. As a supplier I wouldn't give you your money back!! Nor would I feel wrong in charging you more for the same item when I would have had to pay more myself for it.

As for buying cotton wool etc from the super market ... man, I couldn't be bothered for a few pence (sorry Sassy) I really couldn't. I just want to pick up the phone and order everything all at once and get it as soon as possible and for preference form the same supplier.

I think that if it was advertised as a proffessional product fro proffessionals, then I would seek to get my money back, as Argos is not a proffessional supplier is it!! But Homedics is readily available, pretty much everywhere!

Sorry its taken a while for my reply but been rushing around and only just sat down!
Anyway I have spoken with Hive as that is where I purchased my heater from at the show and they were extremely interested in the information that argos were selling this product, mainly beacause Hive sell it as a professional product to professionals! They said they would speak to Homedics and call me back.....which they did today, very helpful lady ,we had a long chat about the situation and to cut a long story short she said that yes oviously its all about the money and if Argos can put in orders for thousands of heaters then Argos will get the product, she couldn`t understand how Argos get permission to sell a lot of things ie: laser, eyelash perming etc but thats probably another story! She on behalf of Hive are considering withdrawing the heater from their catalogue as it doesn`t look professional for any of us! So anyway I fully understand I won`t get a refund as the buck stops with Homedics and even though I thought I had done my research I was not aware that Homedics manufactured other products for home use. (looks likes Hive made the same mistake so I can`t be that stupid) but I still stand by what I say that its not a good thing that these are avaiable to anyone (the info leaflet is all geared to use in a salon so I wonder what the gen public one says!!).
Well hopefully as already said none of my ladies will notice as they will so chilled out having their treatment!! :)

Thanks for the replies guys! xx

Just for the record, i have a homedics paraffin bath, i got it for a very reasonable price compared to *cough cough* "professional models". It does the exact same job, it came with a good warranty and the main feature i wanted was a timer. It turns itself on in the morning and it's ready to go when i get to work (if it's needed), nuthin worse than a client wanting parrafin first up and the wax is rock solid.

Latest posts

Back