Argument with client!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellie82

Reaction score
:cry:i am so upset as i went into my salon today to see that a colour client of mine from fri was booked in again for tomorrow for a colour so i called her up to see what the problem was so i could re asure. the client was not happy and started to tell me she knew better than me!! i have been hairdressing 12 years!! she was the base of a 6 and wanted to b 55.65 in wella and was telling me to strip her hair before i put the colour on. i told her that it didnt need "stripping" so just put the colour on. she is now saying it has faded after one wash because there was red in the water when she washed her hair and said i told you to strip it first. she wants it stripping tomorrow but i refuse to be told what to do! all red colours turn the water red:irked: and does not mean that it has faded. im so upset because i dont want anyone to think im bad at my job. and i know she will cause another argument in the salon. i have never let a client leave unhappy but cant see how to get round this one shes a nutter! i feel so unprofessional to have argued over the phone and did try to difuse the situation. dreading going in to my lovely salon tomorrow! grrrr

is it your salon? i would be gettin my manager involved straight away and have her tell the client. u need to tell the client that stripping hair then makin it darker than its original colour is completly sensless and that if she does get it stripped the hair will be less able to hold onto the colour u then put on. i bet she is one of these people who read swarskoff live boxes who advise pre lightening to acheive vibrant results. . . . i hope u manage to disuade her. . x

I would refuse to strip her hair and only refresh her colour if you can see that it has faded. Maybe worth asking what shampoo she is using too!!!
If she creates offer her a refund as she doesnt sound like she will be happy till she ruins her hair! Then put her on a black list for more appointments so hopefully she will find another salon!:lol:
I know some people would find it abhorrant to give a refund but sometimes it's just easier to get rid of her.

There's always that one that think they know better, and unfortunately cos you didn't do it the way she wanted, you were already on a loosing streak, no matter what you did would have been right, she'd made her mind up! We all get em, hun so don't feel down, easier said that done I know!

You knw what I would do, but I can be quite spiteful, and have to prove to them I d know better than them, Wrie a disclaimer, even get her to tell you exactly what she wants you to do, and how, and why, make her sign it, that whatever the outcome its what she wanted, on your part write you don't agree with it in anyway, but its what the client insisted on having. Put it all on headed paper, get a witness for you ad for her, if nothing else it'll scare her into submission:)

What a nightmare!!!
I would bring another stylist over (or manager if not your salon) so that you have back-up, if she has 2 stylists telling her that what you did was right way, tyhen she's less likely to sit and argue, and gives you reassurance.
Check which shampoo and conditioner she used at home, if it's pure crap, tell her that you cannot be held responsible for her fading it herself.
Make sure you explain that she will have seen red in sink no matter what.
And stand your ground, NO REFUND!
If it seriously doesn't look as bright, put and anti-fade colour bath on and add mixtone to make sure.

Let us know how you get on, and stand your ground hun :hug: x

There's always that one that think they know better, and unfortunately cos you didn't do it the way she wanted, you were already on a loosing streak, no matter what you did would have been right, she'd made her mind up! We all get em, hun so don't feel down, easier said that done I know!

You knw what I would do, but I can be quite spiteful, and have to prove to them I d know better than them, Wrie a disclaimer, even get her to tell you exactly what she wants you to do, and how, and why, make her sign it, that whatever the outcome its what she wanted, on your part write you don't agree with it in anyway, but its what the client insisted on having. Put it all on headed paper, get a witness for you ad for her, if nothing else it'll scare her into submission:)

I like it!!!! lol:lol:

dont u hate em!!! u have done nothing wrong and were absolutely right not to strip it! DO NOT give a refund because that is what she is after! definatley get her to sign a disclaimer ive done it in the past, then your arse is covered! dont worry, we all get them from time to time, good luck! xxx

:hug: thanks every1 dont feel as bad now.i will take your advice and let you know. she also said auburgine was red not purple so i should hav known then she was a nutter ha:lol: xxxxxxxxx

:hug: thanks every1 dont feel as bad now.i will take your advice and let you know. she also said auburgine was red not purple so i should hav known then she was a nutter ha:lol: xxxxxxxxx
Yep..... she's a loon!!

Latest posts

Back