As we are talking nails shapes - here's Iryna's "Aztec"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobSweden

Managing Director
Premium Geek
Reaction score
She was making demonstrations at a nail event in Portland Oregon last month, and suddenly came up with this. :lol: Sometimes my darling wife just has these :idea:'s!

I called it the Aztec because the down the barrel view reminded me of the profile of an Aztec temple. ...I know, I can be a bit sad....;-)

20090803_Aztec_1.jpg

Yes, it was late and the wine in the background was mine!!

20090803_Aztec_2.jpg

20090803_Aztec_3.jpg

Nice one!!!! A little bit similar to bridge??? Or double-edge ?

I can imagine that this is very comfortable Shape - especially for somebody with short nails.

Bravo!

I think most likely the Pipe and Bridge were the influences. Victoria Klopotova was one of her teachers 3 years ago and she saw the Pipe then, and Alexander demonstrated the Bridge to us in April. She's not keen on the Edge as she thinks it looks too "aggressive".

It's all good fun! :lol:

what did the pipe look like?

It's all good fun! :lol:

I like EDGE also. I like everything! :green::green::green:

Right- so long it is good fun ..... and not a battle :)

Hello,fifitrix!Thats Iryna speaking;-)Thank you for your comments.I agree,that
this not perfect technically.I am showing the shape here.Its the first set with that shape,my focus was on developing shape and playing with a new idea,when i was with my friend after the workshop

Now i am going to kick Bob for putting pictures without asking me first:mad:

It´s interesting to see these new shapes popping up. We should almoste put up a thread for geeks to put up their own newly invented nail shape. Would be cool to see with what peeps would come up with!
Thanks for sharing iryana :)

Sorry not my cup of cha at all. I like the shape of nails to be flattering, balanced and attractive and I don't find this the case here.

It is good that we all have different tastes otherwise it would be a boring world.

Thanks for sharing! xx

Well as many say it is all good fun IF you are into nail art and have made a 'name' for yourself doing it and can make some money out of it.

For me I like to look ... but I don't touch :lol: ... I would love to do some of these nail designs but I don't .... I just do not see the relevance to me in my business ... I do the things that will bring in the money in the salon.

But I do like to view what the talented artists come up with ... I just do not see how they make it pay.

I called it the Aztec because the down the barrel view reminded me of the profile of an Aztec temple.

:lol: I like your name. And the art brings to mind similar associations.
The shape which lookes like a blunt 'bridgit' to me.

What I personally don't appreciate at all is people who go and take out a patent on something that, who knows, may have been done long before them.

For instance, I saw the so called "pipes" in the gallery here. I just wonder: do these techs know that they now have a certain Victoria K. to thank for what they've been doing all along? :lol:

I'm an old fashioned gal and like simple, elegant, neat, natural nails...but I love looking at new and interesting shapes, designs and colour, congrats on your imagination and creativity.....:hug:

If your reply is to 1 person only and a personal message then please use the PM function.

I'm a bit sore this morning, I wonder why? :lol:

To be honest, my photo work is lousy too (remember the wine bottle in the background!). The bottom photo is out of focus on the middle and left nails which makes the leading edge look thicker than they actually were. I should also add that She made these after working for more than 10 hours making demonstration nails at the event with only a 30 minute break - after we relaxed with friends, opened the wine, talked our heads off about nails and Iryna started playing (the woman never knows when to give up!).

We will be creating some more photo's and you can believe me that those nails will be totally correct. Funnily enough, as a result of this post we received an email from an editor of a nail magazine who saw the post and wants an article. :eek:

:hug: to all!

Latest posts

Back