BABTAC accredited facials course.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
OK, so I'm hoping that I'm just being dim here but I'm having the most awful trouble trying to find a facials course which is recognised by BABTAC.
Kath at BABTAC has been very patient with me and given me phone numbers of private colleges around the country, but there's none to be had. Ellisons have stopped doing it, the Essex school of beauty don't do it unless it's part of a more comprehensive course, Capital aren't doing it until September, and the Beauty Training company in Lichfield aren't able to give me any info until next week, and even then they're not sure they can help.
I'm a qualified RGN and aromatherapist, so not a total novice.
Where can I do a facials course?!

OK, so I'm hoping that I'm just being dim here but I'm having the most awful trouble trying to find a facials course which is recognised by BABTAC.
Kath at BABTAC has been very patient with me and given me phone numbers of private colleges around the country, but there's none to be had. Ellisons have stopped doing it, the Essex school of beauty don't do it unless it's part of a more comprehensive course, Capital aren't doing it until September, and the Beauty Training company in Lichfield aren't able to give me any info until next week, and even then they're not sure they can help.
Hi there, I'm a newbie.. Been reading up on lots of bits and bobs on this site, it's so useful and I am finding many answers to my questions... I too would love to know if there are any accredited courses on just facials in the area... I've been having the same problem trying to find someone who'll give accredited training without doing a whole Beauty Therapy course...

I'm just completing my year long VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage, Anatomoy & Physiology and Heath, Safeth, Security and Employment Standards diplomas, but also want to branch out into facials, waxing and manicure and pedicure (I'm not looking to do nail extensions at this point) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for listening :0)

Hi - Babtac will also insure you if you take a facial course accredited by another insurance company. I have experienced this with my threading course, which was accreditated with the Beauty Therapy Association. I cannot see a problem, but please check with them to be sure. :)

That's interesting Jane, because when I spoke with Phil that wasn't really the impression that I got. Again, like as not I've misunderstood!
Please help BABTAC people - I really want to get going on this and I can't believe it's this difficult!

Try Michelle Ashley Beauty School in Northwich, the owner has a very good rep and has been around Cheshire for a long time.

Thanks for that - it's a long trek from Hampshire though!

Hi there,

when i first started i trained with The Carlton Institute in Windsor, and then i built up my NVQ portfolio for assessment. BABTAC accepted my certificate of completion of the colleges short course for insurance while i did my portfolio. They do a wide range of courses which you can continue to obtain full qualifications as would always be recommended. It is a bit of a trek... just realised.....

HTH's :hug:

Last edited:
Hi folks

Just to clarify - no, if a course isn't accredited with us but is with another trade association insurer, we can't take it - any more than they could in reverse! It's not our call; if you think about it, when an insurer takes you 'on risk', they have to know what their risk exposure is - and they can only do that with individual accreditations.

Sorry and all that; but I hope someone can come to the rescue!

Regards

PHILIP SWINFORD
Marketing Services Manager
BABTAC

PS - There's still time to get on our CPD courses in Leeds, 20th/21st April - it's free, and you could win £250! Click here for information www.babtac.com/best

Hi calla, Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i am currently studying aesthetics beauty at Champneys College in Hertfordshire. The particular course I am doing is recognized by BABTAC and covers facials, mani/ped and waxing.

Hi - I've only just joined this website and just seen your message about a facial course. You may be interested to look at my website www. ukholistics. co. uk (without any spaces) as a Crystal Wand Healing Facial course is taught by Christopher Wade and myself over 3 days. 2 days initially together, and then a gap of about 4-6 weeks for case studies to be completed, then back for Day 3. The facial course is totally awesome and you experience a healing journey. It uses a range of products called the Natria range and the facial is so much more than a beauty facial. It is totally holistic and healing. By accessing the website you will see that 27 courses are taught at UK Holistics, which is based at Grantham in Lincolnshire. Please let me know if you need any further information. The course is accredited for insurance purposes with EMBODY, BABTAC, GPBT and IPTI.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back